What's new

Zack's Patch 2016

20sackzack

Damn Zack I stepped ur game up this year!! Things are looking great man, I'm looking forward to seeing how things turn out, what are u gonna do for plant support??

What's up Dr.G! Thanks for stopping by bro hope u have a great season as well

I would have loved to use the remesh cages but I'm a little low on cash currently. I ended up finding six pretty much perfect fencing cages someone who lived here before me must of made and left. Honestly it was a really fuckin lucky find lol they were just laying in some brush on my property. Makes me wonder if the people here before me grew too lol

Here's a couple pics. Supplemental lights are coming down this weekend. I gave them another act yesterday and they are lovin this warm weather

1z3td91.jpg

Fire og
w8uf55.jpg

20sackzack

I am calling the police on your nice garden.. but why are you letting the weeds take all the nutrients?

Um hopefully that was an awkward joke lol? Its a living mulch that doesn't use very many nutrients and actually fixes nitrogen in the soil. Do some research on it and you will see cover crops are highly beneficial. Conserves water, lowers root temps and attracts beneficial insects.

It is getting a bit tall now though so I may have to give them a hair cut soon

EastBayGrower

Veteran
I filled half my garden with fire og last year and was pretty disapointed with all of them, the tahoe og did wayyyy better, if you got other plants ur on the fence about, I would.seriously consider pulling the fire ig ime

Nice mulch bro, im doing cover crop too but wanna do some kinda wheat straw, what u use? How u get it?

Edit: I see ur so close to rare earth, u lucky bastard I wish I was close to these killer soil yards, soon enough. Im planning on fetting some property up shrews way around arnold in feb., well see how the legalization campaign unfolds this year, best of luck on a happy and safe harvest! :)

20sackzack

I filled half my garden with fire og last year and was pretty disapointed with all of them, the tahoe og did wayyyy better, if you got other plants ur on the fence about, I would.seriously consider pulling the fire ig ime

Nice mulch bro, im doing cover crop too but wanna do some kinda wheat straw, what u use? How u get it?

Edit: I see ur so close to rare earth, u lucky bastard I wish I was close to these killer soil yards, soon enough. Im planning on fetting some property up shrews way around arnold in feb., well see how the legalization campaign unfolds this year, best of luck on a happy and safe harvest! :)

Damn that's too bad u weren't happy with the fire og. I have the dark heart cut, is that what u ran? I would have liked to have done a tahoe or boss or ghost og but those weren't available the day I picked up my clones

The living mulch is from buildasoil. It was growing like crazy so I gave it a trim. I just chopped and dropped

Yeah I love living in the foothills. It's such an awesome beautiful place. But u have easy access to all those top notch genetics and other thing in the bay. Good luck and safe harvest to u as well :tiphat:

No more supplemental light, girls starting to take off
15asd4.jpg

Lookin nice. I'm diggin the mounds for sure. Seems like everyone is on the hype. I may have to try one with the yard of dirt I have left over. Do you till the ground beneath it? Putt anything down?

20sackzack

Lookin nice. I'm diggin the mounds for sure. Seems like everyone is on the hype. I may have to try one with the yard of dirt I have left over. Do you till the ground beneath it? Putt anything down?

Thanks bro. No mounds, they're home made smart pots covered in a shit load of straw mulch. I didn't till the ground underneath but I did put down some biochar

gorilla ganja

Really liking your set up. What size approximately are those smart pots you made ?
Looks like a great start looking forward to watching the grow.
Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge

Peace GG

stinky

Nice looking garden 20sack! Pulling up a chair to see what grows out a those beautiful handmade pots. :biggrin:

20sackzack

Really liking your set up. What size approximately are those smart pots you made ?
Looks like a great start looking forward to watching the grow.
Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge

Peace GG

Thanks for the kind words GG, I think the pots are around 50 or 60 gallons. Although I made two of them bigger than the rest so those are maybe 70 or 80 gallon?
Hard to really say. Good luck and a safe harvest to u too!

Nice looking garden 20sack! Pulling up a chair to see what grows out a those beautiful handmade pots. :biggrin:

Thanks! :tiphat:

20sackzack

So I got to take a little vacation down to Santa Cruz for my sisters graduation from UCSC this weekend. I had an awesome time, my family rented a little beach house in Aptos

I even got to try my first bodhi gear, some super snow lotus, I picked up from canna Cruz. Really unique smell, I liked it. Really want to grow some bodhi strains

Plants grew a good amount while I was gone, the sour d is probably the most vigorous so far. Cover crop needs another trim

257qaeb.jpg

2ecds7m.jpg

The graduation ceremony, the campus has some amazing views
2uyj6uv.jpg

A beach in Aptos with a cool concrete ship that's now cracked and sitting at the end of the pier. I love going to the ocean!
1zyx4pg.jpg

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Plants look great, zack. Congrats to your sis for finishing college.

That particular beach has had plenty of shark sightings this year and last. I'd advise not hanging out in that water for too long...lol.

HB.

20sackzack

Plants look great, zack. Congrats to your sis for finishing college.

That particular beach has had plenty of shark sightings this year and last. I'd advise not hanging out in that water for too long...lol.

HB.

Thanks hemphrey, I'm really proud of her. I didn't get in the water but thanks for the heads up

20sackzack

Plants are loving the heat and are all taking off except for the girl scout cookies. Shes less then half as big as all my other plants. Need to prune some lower branches and do a neem foliar but I've been hella busy lately

Anyone think I should feed them or just stick to water? I'm a noob and while they aren't huge these are the biggest plants I've ever grown :biggrin:

14bnts0.jpg

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
The garden is looking proper, zack! Your living mulch looks great, man.

What kind of nutrients will you be feeding your plants? Were you going to go with teas or something else? If you make vermicompost tea, you can pretty much feed them as much as you like, I believe.

I plan on using some of the aea stuff I have left over from last year, weekly foliars, and top dressing a few times.

HB.

Latest posts

Latest posts