What's new

YOUR GARDEN IS NOT ORGANIC...

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
growing organic is a mind set not a inclusive or exclusive set of exceptable products. Its how we approach growing.

Michael Pollan wrote about the word "Organic" is in his book Botany of Desire i belive. It's still probably better than non "organic" farming but ever since the government got the chance to decide what the word "organic" means, it has lost a lot of value.

Ya know kinda like how Wal-Mart owned Kashi foods is "organic"... right...

:laughing:

Also is tap water "organic"? and if not is purified water? or RO water? Or do you need rainwater to be "organic"?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you use products like LIQUID KARMA or other bottled nutrients that are not certified so please stop saying your end product is so...

thanks y"all and i hope everyone is having an awesome day!!! :dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013::dance013:

yes, some less experienced organic gardeners like to have a badge to wave at everyone as proof of their credentials - others are able to make their own judgement as to whether something is 'organic' or not - and many would shun some 'certified' products for reasons such as heavy metals content.

its a bit like joining mensa so you have a badge to prove your intelligence (lmao) and then claiming everyone else is stupid.

Welcome to IC, AO - stick around, you might learn something ;)

VG.

V

vonforne

yes, some less experienced organic gardeners like to have a badge to wave at everyone as proof of their credentials - others are able to make their own judgement as to whether something is 'organic' or not - and many would shun some 'certified' products for reasons such as heavy metals content.

its a bit like joining mensa so you have a badge to prove your intelligence (lmao) and then claiming everyone else is stupid.

Welcome to IC, AO - stick around, you might learn something ;)

VG.

LOL you said it better than I ever could have V.

ROFLMAO good one man.

V.1

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
I'm so fucking organic that...

The pots I use are woven by Native Americans using only locally procured bark thread...

All of my plant water is rain water. I have a funnel system which starts at the top of my roof and filters down into a tank near my grow room. The funnel and the tank are Organic, too (made by the same Native Americans)...

When I smoke my bud, I use a flame created by the strike of a lightning bolt. Yes, this limits when and where I can smoke, but it wouldn't be Organic otherwise!

Last edited by a moderator:

mad librettist

Veteran
man remember to grind those kittens good.

hey, if you want the cleanest tasting smoke ever use a magnifying glass. no shit. I'm serious. It's freaking awesome.

NUG-JUG

I'm so fucking organic that...

I'll find stray cats, nurse them back to life with Organic milk. Then I murder them, collect their blood, and dehydrate it for blood meal...

LOL:laughing: Hilarious!

ML- Yea we've got bright sun here year round and I've smoked many a bowl with the magnifying glass, tastes good...

man remember to grind those kittens good.

hey, if you want the cleanest tasting smoke ever use a magnifying glass. no shit. I'm serious. It's freaking awesome.

SOLAR HITS- definitely the best way to smoke hands down. It's funny though when you suggest it to people they act like your in the third grade trying to burn ants...

T

treefrog

I'm so organic that worms need certification to eat my poop, which is like the best organic ice cream that god himself has to pay a lot for.
Na Na..

asstastic

the mag glass is the best been doing it almost exclusixly every summer was actually wandering if anyone else used it
and the guy making the joke about the lightingbolt shit all those things besides smokeing with lightning are true organics
water-rain
soil/pot-earth
nutes-plants and animals and assorted earth meatels
lights-sun
exhoust-wind
thats just the jist of what people are incorperating in there grows but how many true organics users are only adding organic ways to ther style
so i just let people know the level of organic procedures the bud partook in in stead of saying its organic or not

T

treefrog

Seriously though.. If you want to get hyper-critical about it.
Our world is so polluted that there are going to be trace amounts of synthetic/toxic materials in just about everything, which is why I personally like ML's "pseudo-organick"

Having been an organic vegetarian for many years now, I can taste and feel a major difference between "organic" and non-organic food, even if the organically grown veggies were started in pro-mix, or the tomato's had some LK added to their teas.
There are degrees to everything. Most times one's best effort is enough, especially when intent is pure. Ahh, there is something that may not be sullied by our toxic world. Maybe..