What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your First Time

It seems like we all have a lot in common as far as our first times.

Usually, it happens in our youth, by friends sometimes older, and we usually all develop a lifelong love for the plant.

Wiimote

It was 1975 or so, and I was 7 years old. For some reason my parents decided that I should go to the Salvation Army demonstration of marijuana (ran by the local police, so parents knew what to look and smell for). So the cop gives his big speech, the proceeds to pour an inch or so of weed into a coffee can, and light it up. I remember laughing to myself at how hard of a time he had getting it to smolder, but he did. Then we all walked up (I was the only child present) and was encouraged, by the officer to take a nice deep smell so I knew what to avoid. So I stuck my face into the coffee can, and inhaled as best I could, and immediately coughed my brains out. Once I got myself under control, he asked me if I got a good smell, and I said "not really". He then told me to take another sniff, but this time smaller. I did and then asked him why anyone would smoke that, it smelled horrible (earthy damp schwag ugh!)

About 10 minutes into this demonstration, EVERYONE left the room as you could barely see, the smoke was so thick. I decided to go into the gymnasium as I was in no mood to be around a bunch of strangers all of a sudden. Every 5 or 10 minutes my older sister (20 or so at the time) would come in and ask me if I was ok. I was fine, I didn't even realize I was high, I just knew I couldn't make a basket to save my life, and I liked the way I felt.

A few years goes by, and my mom dies. I was 11 at the time, and took it VERY hard. A friend of mine and his older brother came to see me a couple hours before the viewing and gave me two joints. He said "Smoke one of these when it gets to be too much, and it will help get you over this." Well not 10 minutes into the viewing, it was too much for me. Everyone crying over me, making me feel sorry for myself, I couldn't handle it and went outside for a "walk". I grabbed the pack of matches I stole from my dad's stash, and lit up the first joint. I smoked maybe 1/2 of it (while walking around the funeral home) before I forget to keep hitting it and it went out. After some indeterminate amount of time, someone from my family found me wandering around outside and tried to get me to come back inside, I refused. For the first time in G-d knows how long, I felt like I could make it to tomorrow. And was not about to go back inside that building for anything.

There are my cherry busting stories :)

I recall in 5th grade, some police officers, a K-9 dog, and a pound of green un-bricked weed came to give us a demonstration. It was kind of pointless. He just hid it under different things, and made the dog find where it was, for like 20 minutes. Then they all left...

stonedkaddy

My first time I was with about 4 guys who have smoked before and me with another newbie friend. We were offed t smoke with them because we had papers and they didn't. Anyway, Was sure if I got stoned or not that first time. Its stange thinking about it. The experience smokes were like you stoned and I was like, I don't know, I guess, and then 5 min later, they were all saying I'm coming down, You coming down? I didn't even know what High was much less coming Down. I knew one thing , I want to try this again

I remember it well... mostly.

I was 13 and hanging at a friend's house down the street. There were three of us out in his driveway, and he pulls out a joint and a toking stone and lights up. He hands it to me. Not wanting to offend my host, I obliged and took a really big hit. They both knew I had never smoked, and when I blew out this enormous cloud of smoke, they're eyes popped. "Dude, you're going to get fucked up!"

We finished the joint after a couple of minutes, and I couldn't tell much of a difference... until I tried to get on my bike to ride home. Fell off twice and just started laughing my ass off. I let one of the other guys ride it back for me. I just remember laughing for hours and not being able to stop, and trying to help my dad take in groceries. I was laughing so much people would look at me like I had boogers hanging out of my nose.

Good times.

TwoOhSix!

My first few times kind of meld into one memory. It was me and three friends, all about 16. My one friend had been smoking for years but recently "quit" and the other 3 of us had never smoked before. He had his dad's little wooden pipe and some weed of his dad's too I believe. We basically got him smoking again because we were so keen to try it.

I remember him lighting the bowl and handing it to my friend Brad, who looks at it and goes "I have no clue what I'm doing right now" so the friend with the weed coaches him on how to hit it.

The first time I remember being HIGH was with the same kids, not sure which time it was, but we were at the same park we always smoked at during the night (we'd always spend the night at Brad's then sneak out and toke). I remember drinking a beer walking down these steps after smoking, and suddenly my legs felt super weird. Then the trees started looking all vivid and crazy. I was high as fuck and sold on the ganj forever.

I'm sure some more of you remember at least one of your first experiences with the herb. So far we've got a great collection built, but let's add to it!

shadow

Good thread +rep

My first time was a great experience, even if I didn't get high.

I was 17, and my senior year of high school. I had been interested in drugs, mostly LSD although I still have yet to do it and I am 20 right now, because of the way they affect people. This is the biggest reason why I initially got into chemistry, and am now heading towards a degree in chemical engineering, but enough of my life story, back to easter morning senior year of high school.

I remember it like it was yesterday, it was technically easter morning, although around 3:00AM when my friend called me and said he got a big shipment of weed in and wanted to treat me to my first time. At this time, to this kid before he went in a massive downward spiral and started dealing X, and started being really shady, stealing from friends, breaking the car window of a friend because he thought it was funny, stuff like that, a massive shipment was a half ounce. As far as I was concerned, anyone who would spend 150 on weed was too obsessed with it for my liking but I took him up on the offer. I snuck out of my house, and he picked me up 3 houses down and we went back to his place. First stop was back at his house to pick up a quad, and an eighth. Second stop, we go to some crazy fuckers house and sell him the quad. Next stop was down the street from my house. We get out of the car and start walking into a group of trees to light up and I decided I wanted to grab another guy to do it with us. The kid I wanted to grab has been one of my 2 best friends since we were 3. My other best friend? His 1 year older brother.

So we walk over to his house since he lived a block away, and walked in his back door and told him he was going to smoke weed with us and he needed to turn off his gamecube. He quickly obliged. So as we were manually grinding up some weed (as I admired his spoon) we heard footsteps the floor above us. Naturally being super paranoid about my first time doing drugs I freaked out and started to book it out of the house. Footsteps come down the stairs, thump thump thump and I see my other best friend who is half unconcious as it is early in the morning, and he just looked at us confused off his ass and asked us what we were doing in his house. He looked on the table and saw the bud and just said "I want to smoke weed". Perfect.

Now, with our party of 4, where I was the only one who had never done it before (the 2 new ones had eached smoked once before), we walked into the woods by their house and packed the bowl. Smoke bowl 1, I cough my ass off. Smoke bowl 2, I still cough, still don't feel anything, and feel like weed is a waste of money. Smoke bowl 3, and still nothing. We go back to my friends house because I was thirsty and thought I had the munchies lol. After destroying a bag of pretzels, and drinking my weight in lipton green tea (SOOOOO GOOOD), I threw him 10 bucks because I have never been one to take things from people for free. He insisted on letting me smoke my first time for free, and put a few nugs in a bag for me for later. I went home feeling nothing, but I did feel a lot closer to those 3 other guys I smoked with, and the other 2 still remain my best friends to this day.

Fast foreward to 3 times after my first, I was really drunk and smoked it out of a hooka so multiple people could smoke. I couldn't figure out how to open a box of cheeze-its, threw it against a wall trying to break the box, and have been in love ever since.

Cone Head

My first time smoking was, like many of you here when I was 13. My voice hadn't cracked yet so I was still a little boy really. I went to a school that was pretty much crawling with drugs, we had 14 year old girls coming to school tripping on acid or totally drunk, teachers never did anything much, but basically weed was in my face from the first week I started high school. I was good mates with some aboriginal kids and not meaning to be racist but as many of the aussie members here would know, aboriginal kids tend to get exposed to drugs and alcohol from a very early age so they already were always stoned and exposing me to it. It all made me very curious.
After months at high school resisting temptation I finally gave in when one of my best mates started stealing his mums stash. We went round his house after school and made a bong with a coke bottle and a hose really badly so it wasn't air tight. We also couldn't find a lighter so we lit it with a candle that we had to light by putting paper in the toaster lol.. I got nothing more than a a whisp of smoke and being young I played to it and thought I was all stoned got the whole placebo thing, it was mild but I enjoyed it.
The next time I smoked was a different story. He managed to find his mums brass pipe and we smoked through that. I smoked two cones (bowls) and coughed on every toke. When I got up my legs barely worked and my vision was freaking out, later I fell into hysterical laughter that made me black out, heart pounding, hearing vision slipping, lost sense of time, it was INTENSE.. That was the day I fell in love with cannabis.

P.S. I caught up with this guy few years back and found out some interesting things. His dad had just been busted, he was a grower, got busted on his property north of the city with 48 plants outdoors, all over 2m tall. Was on home D at the time. Apparently that bud we used to steal from his mum was grown by his dad and it was outdoor Silver Haze, may explain why it was so trippy.. My first time was on Silver Haze. Awesome :)

K

kallenavndk

Lovely threads great to read and puff the morning spliff .....

i was about 8 when i smoke ganja first time or let me say try to ....All in my Famili smoke it that time..well not me mum but my stepdad did(not paddi )and he forgot hes pipe one day, it was pipe like popeye the sailorman have :D and i light it up hehe caugh caugh and thats it i did not get a buzz (damn it) because it was burned out i think, i knewer smoked it again before my bigbrother 4 years after hooked me up whit some and i was drunk and i got sick big time last i remember was my bigbrother and hes friend laughing...me mum found me in some bushes hehe sleeping and my big brother on a Soccer field/plane or what u call it :D near by hehe he couldent handle it either lol karma gets you no doubt about ...
The best exp or memory i have, is when me stepdad was mixing hes afternoon pipe i got to sit on hes lab and i watch all hes move hehe and i absolutely loved to smell the hash when he warm it over the candle hehe then he told me storys about how i saved me mum from the indians and shit hehe hey was stoned i know that now :D its not a thing i would do whit a kid but damn i still get a happy feeling inside when i think about it , today ....

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I learned about the good ol mary jane within my first week of high school. My first year of high school i didnt smoke too much, once and a while maybe a couple times a month. My first time i cant even remember, it was probably with my brother, we used to smoke out of a ballpoint pen in our attic so my parents couldnt smell it. I remember the first time i really felt "high", i had just smoked in the house while my parents were out. I sat down at the computer and couldnt stop laughing. I felt like i was a little alien guy sitting up inside my head, controlling my body like that little alien from Men In Black II that was living in that guys head. It was hillarious. I remember just talking to myself in my head for like 30 minutes, just laughing and cracking jokes with my alter ego in my head.

It gradually evolved throughout high school into an almost daily thing. The highs were no longer your stereotypical munchies and laughter. It turned into something that just made the day more interesting. Everyday after school, it was "fade'm up" time. Get a few buddies together, throw $5 each on a nice dub sack from our local delivery boys, get high in the parks, ride the bus home stoned, tripping out on passengers and staring out the window.

What i got addicted to was not really the high, because sometimes it made me anti social and awkward when i get a little tooo lit. What got me was the whole ritual. The fading up, the finding a place to smoke, the whole ritual. Nowadays its a little different i only smoke with a few trusted friends and its less of a social thing for me. I honestly prefer to smoke and just be left alone, work on a hobby or project by myself. I am not much of a social smoker anymore, although it does make conversations with people much more intellectual feeling.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Family reunion. Went over the hills at the coast with my cuz, didnt get high tho. Later that night a joint went around the campfire, then I got high.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Feel free to share your second or third experience as well. Sometimes those are more interesting than your first. For instance, here's a story about my second or third time smoking...

We probably had an 8th or a 1/4th of some very potent sativa dominant mexican import. To this day, (even though I'm a daily smoker, and that is probably the cause) I still don't get highs as intense and vibrant as back then.

Anyway, we kept passing it around, and before long I was really high. I remember exclaiming "I'm baked!" and the words seemed to echo and go on forever. It was really cool. Anyway, me being naive and all, and my friends being experienced smokers, we non stop kept packing it, and passing it around. I kept taking huge ass rips, even though I was already in a way different world, lol.

I remember I went to the bathroom. All of a sudden, I kept having like flashbacks in my head of weird childhood memories. One after the other. It was crazy. I also kept thinking I'd hear things, like my mom calling me or something, even though she wasn't even home.
Haha this totally brings back memories of my early childhood smokes. I would definately have audible hallucinations, i would be high on the street and a car might go by with the speakers playing, and that base would just continue to ring out in my ears over and over. I remember hearing my mom calling me too haha.

The high i get nowadays is nowhere near as intense as those early days.

xOOx

2nd time..

16 or so, friend got. some seeds and stems. had the classic weed smell when burned, effect was very mild. smoked the joint between 2 people. really crappy rolled too. LOL ..just silly behavior. and got the laughing loop feeling once or twice. tickle in your belly and you keep laughing hysterically for maybe 1-2 minutes straight, where you can't catch your breath, flush faced, etc. never thought much of it, and really didn't do it again after that. it made my chest hurt/sore from the laughing..then faded away after an hour or so..

questing for alcohol was the big thing at that time...there was no stone or anything to it then-were like mid 80s now.. so maybe just light headed feeling, like when you smoked your first cig ever, but much longer lasting. and with that laughing effect..never got that hysterical looped laughter again until acid rise/peak. i'd assume shrooms would do it too, but never done them. and probably wouldn't do that stuff again, it's too hardcore for me. plus i don't have the time for the high duration.

3rd time ... now we're getting into the good stuff, we're prob at 19/20.. this was the 1-2 hit quit.. city stuff.. high was very uncomfortable for me. painful..electric shocks all over, raci paranoid nerves on edge jumpy fire. the smoke NEVER burned my throat like todays shit tho. but did give feeling that i was going to die,etc. i didn't care for it. if offered herb, i would decline.. i liked the other stuff, you know,the ones that really turn you into an addict. weed hurt me, and still can if its a strain that doesn't agree with me, which happens to be most commercial indica out there. why go thru that, when i can do this ..etc. it was NOT a gateway drug for me, just a drug i tried and didn't prefer. i was going to go that route no matter what. bright and curious' those are the ones in danger of this path, lol - so check your head, you can't do that other stuff for ever, start thinking your exit plan if your getting too deep into it, heed my advice on that ^

--on and off tangos with it from then on, months in between, years.. i always saved seeds tho thinking one day i was going to go for it and make my own. and would avoid herb if it was at a party, i wouldn't mind people smoking it around me, but i would pass it right along to the next person if handed to me.. mid-late 90s the great stuff starting coming around. the floaty soaring smack my cheeks shit. could sit down and imagine myself floating around the living room. super great feeling, flyin thru the past memories, etc..and was cool as minty air to smoke. i could smoke this stuff now!.. this is when i started to get back into it. i did all the research and figured if i was going to use a substance to unwind and relax, this was going to be it,and not alcohol or anything else. it helped me to remember things i forgot about. it brought out feelings i had forgotten about. even tho tho, i questioned it. unknown origins. thinking it may be laced with something else that i didn't know about..so i started to drift away from it again, thinking it may become a problem. then i decided, ok, i got these seeds, let's give it a go.. and when i realized the intese feeling from so little was truely the herb and nothing else, i got back into it. with a better understanding to know this is true weed effect, and this is NOT weed effect. commercial stuff always sketchs me out tho, and i can never smoke unknown bud again i think, and truely enjoy it like my own.

i'm still not a big fan of being absolutely shitfaced unless the strain does not invoke that impending doom feeling..i realized lower doses were sufficient and would usually avoid that uncomfortable sensation, and for the past years that's what i've been doing. pecking and chillin', keeping tolerance low. alcohol has lost its appeal..same to other drugs loooong ago, why bother, i never felt right when on them anyways - always felt like i was doing harm somehow, maybe not right now -- but for sure in the long run. could never come to terms with alochol anyway.. i loved the feeling when its flowing thru my blood, but i always wound up overdoing it,no matter how much i tried to maintain, and wind up worshipping the porcelin god..so its not for me. a beer with dinner, sure..that's it. i really think the weed keeps me off the sauce, gives me the release i need to feel good and not take the mans feel better pills, etc. the risk of gettin busted tho, that's the only thing that sucks about it.

xoox

About 1979. Sophmore. Me and 3 buddies drove up to the park for lunch from high school. We sat in my 1970 Mach 1 and listened to Judas Preist Sad Wings Of Destiny (one of the best metal albums of 70s) on 8 track and got so stoned that when we got back to school i decided not to go back to class....good choice. Actually the first time i smoked was a few months earlier w/my buddy but i didnt get stoned.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
horror biz I hope you don't mind me askin this to our other contributors.

Do you guys remember much of the stones you used to get? It took a while but I remembered several of them. It's an important question because you need to be able to in order for my real question. Do you think you get as high now as you used to? Not really your first time but first few years smoking?

It took a while remembering my first years smoking but I think I do. I remember schwag buzzes and the first times I smoked kind bud. I'm not sure if I get as high as I used to on kind bud though. Maybe when my tolerance gets down again.

I think a lot of it was set and setting. It sure was fun being young and all your friends smoking. Nowadays when I want to get high I put weed in a pipe and casually smoke it at my leisure, a few hits an hour. Right where I'm at. Usually alone and in front of the tv or computer.

But when I was 15 it meant the call was made. Everybody with money came together and pooled in on a bag. Once the sum was determined we set out like searcher ants on the trail of any lead. When it was found we regathered and had a celebration with crazy home made pipes and then it was divided like an animal after a successful hunt. You couldn't just light up at your house so you had to sneak out after night and go in the woods, or in some park. Hide in bushes and slam down all the weed quick in some sketchy location. Then ride a bike home, etc. Much funner stuff then getting high alone to the Daily Show.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I remembered one another funny story. I love this thread it made me think of so many funny times from when I was a kid that I just totally forgot about.

I live in new orleans and there is no place to hide and smoke really. It's pretty hard. So when I was a kid and I first started smoking I was stoked to find this deep ditch surrounded by brush on side of a golf course. I had the place now I just needed some more weed.

I came up with the idea somewhere that I knew one of my sisters friends down the street smoked pot. For some reason I thought he might just have weed sprinkled on the lawn or something since he smoked. I have no idea what I expected to find but sure enough I ran on his porch, swiped the ashtray contents and amazingly found 5-6 schwag roaches sticky with resin. I took my pipe and a pair of mini alligator clips and went to the park to celebrate.

I ran across the golf course and into the ditch. I packed up the roaches in my pipe and set at it. I got really stoned. I just remember putting my head between my knees and wanting to not move. Then I noticed I had puke between my feet and I was like "WTF! who puked on my shoes?" While I was piecing together this mystery I'm interrupted by a guy shouting "Hey you! You see a ball come through here?" I was too stoned to lift my head and eyelids at the same time but told his general direction "Um... No?" in an uncertain manner. He rooted around a while unconvinced and for good reason. I wouldn't have noticed aliens landing. Thats all I really remember about that time.

xOOx

lol motaco. i think i get just as high, yes. when its good shit. 2-3 hits and im good for a couple hours, even taking those hits over the hours .. every half hr, etc like u. of course its not always that peak intensity, but i enjoy every aspect of the journey. its usually a once a day thing, not over the entire day unless its a special occasion, and i have the time (real life not getting in the way) i will go a little harder at it then. i think keeping this routine has kept my tolerance low. im sure if i abused it 24/7 sure i'd be a chimney, lol. but there's no need if you're using it in this manner for stress relief, anti depressant, generally unwinding, etc. i said before - pain is a different thing. that will lead to more use and quicker tolerance, etc.

a lot of it has to do with your mind too. you have to be able to relax and meditate and let the herb take you into a deeper state, if that's what you're after. the kind of buzz i like is the same feeling as if you were waking up in the middle of the night from a deep sleep, still under the covers. very relaxed and warm, and then you open your eyes, your body is motionless, relaxed, and dead still/stiff until you fully wake up. your heart is beating quicker, you can feel the thumping but nothing else. not one thought is going through your head to move any muscle. you can look around but you just don't feel any of your body. its weightless, a floating expanding head basically sitting on a couch, lol. ..and then dancing through memories..thoughts, etc. dreaming w/ur eyes open/just thinking about stuff in general..the day, the year, your life, other peoples lives, etc. hazey vision w/drifting..soaring...uplifting sensations.. that's my favorite. anything other then that (usually) and i can get uncomfortable, basically fighting off the unwanted sensations that seem to take away from the metatative aspect. sometimes some strains will do what i like to some extent, but maybe drop off too soon, or never quite make it to where i like to be. or give ill feelings afterwards..etc too much more hits at one time and it may get too intense. won't be able to follow a show im watching, etc. i like to drift in and out sometimes, eyes open. like all of a sudden i come back into reality and realize where i am, and then poof im lost in thought again.i dunno if that makes any sense, but its always like that for me. the more i smoke the longer the duration. i usually try to do it later at night so the next step is actually just going to sleep, so i won't do more. wake n bakes are rare..so its more of a sativa buzz, but at a lower dose as to avoid the racing paranoid thoughts. highs when in social situations are totally different, more laughing, joking, talking it, etc..but i prefer the me time experience better.

first times never gave these sensations, it was bunk junk, maybe even fake..at the time we had no clue what it was anyway.. smoked anything green lol

love the stories, keep em coming!!!

xoox

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
We got bunk a few times but not often. Just like now honestly some batches of schwag one week to the other will be great then horrible.

I do remember the schwag buzzes and just compared to being sober and 14 it seemed a huge difference. I'm used to getting toasted now so it's not as mind blowing anymore. I'm used to the sensations.

I remember the first time I got real high on dank though. 15 maybe? Probably NL. Light green, musty pine smelling. Me and two guys put together and got an 1/8 of BC bud. Drove on side a theater and hotboxed his car with a nickel chamber pipe. They had smoked a lot of kb before but I really hadn't. The pipe was going around and since we decided to pack a bowl each, and I had packed mine first so I was determined not to get short changed, so I continued smoking through the last bowl even though I was blown from the first.

Just got absurdly stoned. I got out the car and went into the movie theatre. I told them I didn't want a movie just popcorn and they let me in. I bought a large bag and just stood in the lobby eating and having a constant giggle fit. I made it back to the car and they told me I had been in there 20 min. Eating and laughing at nothing in the lobby apparently.

I was thinking I don't get stoned like that but when I think about it twice in the last week I've gotten stoned like that. I was in my driveway last night having a giggle fit so bad my chest hurt thinking about this guy on the right.

http://explainthisimage.com/unexpla...-that-i-totally-want-to-join-them-isn-39-t-it

xOOx

imagine what people must of been thinking when you're just standing there eating popcorn and giggling.. wtf is up with that dewd, LOL creepy.. haha

i can see why some people may say it could bring out or cause schizophrenic like activity or behavior like that..there are def two of me..the sober me and the high me.. people like the high me better i think, cause high me makes them laugh, talks more..says really interesting shit..good convo..tons of fun..and isn't as paranoid as sober me, believe it or not. if im alone and high i do say some crazy shit to myself. if any1 saw me, lol :noway: - sometimes i wonder if that's what 85+ year old people do when left home alone all day.. take double the dose and stand in my kitchen, i can only imagine..looking out the window every 5 minutes.

the balance is that sober me is boring ;(

but sober me def. needs to be around more then high me, otherwise $$ goes bye bye.. its a battle between sober me and high me for sure, but i never let high me take the upper hand, if high me shows his face too much he gets put on hiatus -- sometimes i can see sober me in my head when being high me, all high me can say is na na na na suka sober! u locked in a cube, kinda like jennifer lopez in The Cell.. lol .. but a one hit or two.. and here i am again, ahh yes..here i am again..

i think if high me is around more then sober me, then i'd have a problem, but right now, he's in good standing and allowed to come out when i say so, or if medicating is necessary.

wonder if any1 is gonna get this ^ lol.. if not, you're not smoking the right sh!t. LOL :crazy:

xoox