What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your First Time

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
* insert hazy memory here*

10 or 11, being babysat by a family member.

nuff said..

LOU!?! is that you?

lmfao

ahem..

ahh I can't do that can I.. ok here's mine..

where I grew up in wales we have philocybin (magic mushrooms) growing and there's always been lots of "hippies" around... my mum was always a bit of a hippy and I always romantisied about smoking weed (as portrayed in the movie 1969..lol..I loved that movie and its so cheesey really).. anyways around the age of fifteen I found out that one of my mates (the bad kid from school) had been caught smoking a joint and so got together with him to try and get some ..

it was a few weeks later when he told me that "scouse john" would be able to sell us a "teenth" for 7.50 and did I want to go halfs (funny, that was the price for the next 10 years or so in our town). Well, the "event" itself was still a few days off, so me and "dai" went picking mushrooms instead... as we we're deciding where to go (sat in the pub) some other people dai knew said they were driving up to "the magic mile" (an area on the way to the brecon beacons mountain center, running along both sides of the main road)..

and so, off we went, hurtling around the country lanes in a little old renault 5 being driven by a goth (I don't think they were called goths back then) who'd I'd only ever seen in passing but later became great friends with .... there were me n dai, the driver, his girlfriend and another guy all crammed into this little car and the other guy (another school friend) said he was going to skin up so we should pull over....

the rest is a bit of a blur as you can imagine.. we spent the rest of the day picking mushrooms (which will trolley you just from absorbiing through the fingers) and smoking this hash (which I later found to be "leb" - there are 2 schools of thought on leb, mine - its low/mid grade, cheap, taste nice, low ceiling, wouldnt bother, and others who say red leb was the best thing you could get... )... things I do remember from that day are...being up on sennybridge ranges and reading a sign saying "if the flags are raised, heavy artillary practice may be in use" and spending a long time trying to find a flag post to see what the current state was... driving back to town listening to pink floyd (dark side of the moon) on the terrible sound system and basically tripping my nuts off... I didnt really get much of the leb hit... naturally.

So, finally the weekend arrived and I'd recovered enough from the mushrooms to go round to "scouse johns".. at the time, john was working as a chef and so it was 1am before he even finished work... me and my mate shuffled up the street where his flat was, rang the bell and waited expectantly... after what seemed like ages (and was - he was weighing up, freaked out and tidied up - forgot we were coming) he answered the door .."ori la's come 'ead come 'ead" (if you're not familar with scouse thats "evening lads, come on in"..lol).

when we got upstairs (all stairs and about the fifth or sixth floor and seemed further on the way back) we were greeted by the same 3 people we'd been picking mushrooms with just a few days before (sounds unlikely, but my town was fecking TINY).. it turns out john was getting a half ounce a week and splitting it off to a few friends ..anyway they we were all sitting, getting the dope back out and then heating some butter knives on a gas fire.. this, I was to learn, is Hot Knives...and hot is the word... I'm not sure who first came up with this method of smoking but MAN its harsh, its also bloody effective... its that kind of instant sweat to the forehead thing...the idea is to heat some knives til they're cherry red, then get a tiny "blip" of hash and dab it with one of the knives. when it sticks you hold a glass bottle over it ready to inhale and then press the second knife against the first, squashing the hash between them (a similar method is "hot tongs") anyways needless to say I remember "not a great deal" about this night either... except that on the way home, my mate came across his 50cc bike that was parked half way home and was "giving it some love"...licking the seat n that... silly bugger..

That teenth must've lasted me nearly a fortnight, and later I found out (when I was more "submerged" in the local scene) that scouse john was getting riped off, his half ounces were actually 10 grams.. (so my 16th wouldnt have been much more than a gram ..lol)

that was some 20 years ago now... and here I am.. the daily toker you see before you... I went through a phase of trying just about every drug under the sun after that - as someone rightly says above - I never believed a single word anyone told me until I had my own proof... it made for some messy times, it made for some fun times... it is what it is... these days I find everything I need in our favourite herb :smile:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

it was a crisp fall day (in the 60s) when a senior (we were in 7th grade) that we knew asked the 3 of us Billy/Jim/me if we wanted to get high on some marijuana, well Billy took off running like someone had shot at him but me & Jim wanted a go at it. Panama Red, it was spicy & sweet tasting and got us both blitzed no problem, I went home zoned & spaced out to tunes for hours.

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
I was twelve, my friend and I were walking in the forest when suddenly he pulls out a joint and he told me it puts hair on my balls.. and I just wanted balls.. so go figure I put my little bad talking lips on that "MARIJUANA CIGARETTE" and put the smoke into my mouth.
Then he told me to open my mouth and take a deep breath in.. BAD IDEA, I coughed for 10 minutes straight and by then I felt pretty good!

The rest is history. :cool:

zomg1

my friends sister who was dealing rolled us 4 joints when we were 14. we went to the ymca, worked out and swam for a bit, then we left and met up with 2 other of his friends. we went to this apartment parking garage stairwell and smoked all 4 joints back to back. i really hated his friends so we ended up ditching them, and me and my buddy walked like 20 blocks in shitty -20 celsius snowy canada weather just talking.
after the 20 blocks we realized we had NO destination at any point through the journey, we laughed it off and called his sister to come pick us up, she picked us up and we smoked all the roaches in a bowl on the way home. ive been a fiend ever since! :D

drtask

summer after sixth grade, think i was eleven at the time. my friends L and M called me up and asked if i wanted to hang. this was nothing unusual go over to L's house shoot some pool jam some toons cap on each other you know the drill. well, this time L wanted to take his dog for a walk. no biggy, me and M agreed to go. we get to a ditch not far from L's house and he pulls out a little blue aluminum pipe and loads some pot into it. he takes a hit, hands it to M, M takes a hit, passes it to me. mind you i grew up around smokers so i knew the whole process to smoking. just never done it out of a pipe before. well after fighting with the lighter trying not to burn myself, i got a little hit. nothing major just enough to make the lungs itch. the pipe goes around to L and M again and gets back to me and theyve made sure to cherry it this time. i take a rip bigger than i should've and knew the instant i pulled the pipe away from my lips. i exploded in a coughing fit and didnt stop for ten minutes. we finished the bowl, and started to walk back. i felt nothing for the first 1/4 mile back. then i couldn't feel my legs. kinda like my head and been detached from my body and my body put on autopilot. and here i am today :D

dkmonk

Well the first time I ever smoked was the summer before 6th grade, and my dad just moved to this new small town, outside a bigger town we used to live with, I always hung out w/ older kids, so when I might new friends they were around 15 and 16 and they always smoked, and apparently i just always have looked like a stoner, because they asked me if i had any then we went inside a greenhouse by the elementary school and smoked a bowl of their stuff since i didnt have any. Didnt get high or nothing, smoked 5 times or so that summer to no avail of getting high, and i smoked cigs so i could inhale.

I finally got high for the first time when school started 6th grade, and i moved back in w/ my mom in a different town, a red head kid and i were talking and it came up w/ both tried it and he said his older brother in high school could get us an 1/8, so i went over, and as soon as his brother came into the house, w/o us even saying anything, he was like "Pat you wanna buy some weed?" and he was like no but my buddy does, so we bought it and me, my buddy, and some stupid kid spent the night at my moms and we smoked the whole eight on top of a pop can, and got blazed.

My head tingled all over, my auditory was all psychedelic and would keep hearing shit that wasn't really there like babies crying, but it was awesome, I loved it, never had felt such a good feeling ever before that.

S

Seismic

My first time was back in 8th grade. I was skating around the school with a few of my buddies after classes let out. After like 30 minutes or so, one of my friends pulls out a little dense nug of some lime green, apple smelling dank. So we all started wondering were we could smoke out, since the school was open to major streets on all sides, until one of my buddies notices that the 6th grade bathroom didn't get locked up for some reason. So there ended being like 8 of us ducking down in some cramped ass little school bathroom smoking out of a miniature corn cob pipe. It was the first time for all of us, and we got f**kin blazed, enough so that we just ended up skating around till like 9 that night. Ever since then it has been an integral part of my life.

:smoweed:

xOOx

hmm, 7 years old! i was the lucky ones w/older kids on the block, right. few hits, flip the joint around and get a shot gun from the street slut, yeah 70s girls man!

result? nothing.. no high, nothing..that i can remember really .. just the coolness of doing it. those clowns even grew some plants back then from the seeds, but it was random dropping the seeds in wooded undeveloped (yet) area, chop and smoke the leaves when it was abour 3-4 ft tall, no buds .. it was probably this shake that i smoked

sporadic use since that day, friends were more into it then i, and whenever i got anything that was good, i saved seeds as i figured one day i might give this a growing a go, it was always in my mind since day 1. really wouldn't consider myself a pot user until decades later that it becomes a ritual, and the shit actually does something when you smoke it.

lol cellard, babysitter!! my babysitter had me smoking marlboro's

i just don't think this shit would happen today tho, this was a diff. time, i think we're close in date ranges yo..those were the days where ya could walk into a corner store at 7 years old and buy a pack of cigs..yeah its for my mom,..no problem

xoox

Ponder

14 years old fishing down at a local river and some random older guys fishing next to us lights up a joint and asks if we want to smoke with them.Sure did not have to ask twice.Actually cant remember how it felt but seem to think I was talking a bit much when I got back home.It must have been good because for the last 20 odd years of my life weed has always been there at some time or another.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Well I enjoyed this thread so I guess I can add to it.

Mine is pretty funny too. I don't remember how old I was. About 12 I guess. I had a few chances to try it before but I always faked it because I had to go home to my parents shortly afterwards and I didn't know how it would affect me. I really wanted to buy a bag and try it on my own time. So I managed to scrape up ten dollars. I don't remember where I got it but I remember at least half of it was in quarters. I was probably looking in car seats and sofa cushions. Anyway I bought a dime bag from my friend and saved it for later.

That night I decided to smoke but I had no pipe. I was clueless. No idea how to make a pipe. My friends all had store bought ones. I didn't have papers, and I had no idea of aluminum foil pipes or apples or anything like that. So I made a pipe out of a bic pen tube and the bottom 1/3 of a plastic pill bottle. I was like 12 or whatever and I had no idea how hot the pot would get and that it would melt and make fumes. So the next part is pretty predictable. I pack this big bowl out of this crazy plastic pipe and get ready to smoke. And I was also so stupid it never occurred to me how much pot would stink. I didn't even go outside I just sat by a window and put the fan on in my living room. I take this big old rip and am inhaling for the first time. So far so good- I've got a good cherry going, and I"m getting smoke and then WAM. The cherry hits the plastic and I get a big mouthful of toxic fumes and I start gagging and I've got a bunch of pot smoke in my lungs so I'm coughing my ass off about to puke and dying for air. It dawned on me how dumb that was and I salvaged the unburned pot from that part of the bowl that wasn't burned. The next morning I remember my dad sniffing around in there. It must've smelled like stale schwag smoke and burned plastic, but maybe the smells mixed because he never mentioned it thank god. He would've kicked my ass.

I should mention I grew up in the city and there isn't really anywhere to hide and smoke. It's not like you just go on the side of your house. So I saved that pot and between the next time I got a chance to smoke I had been given a pipe by a guy who left town. So I packed a real bowl and went in my tiny backyard at sunrise one morning when my parents had gone fishing. I don't remember the high much but I must've been blazed. I just remember staring at the sunrise but barely able to keep my head up and eyes open. And I remember relighting the bowl a thousand times because I hadn't taken the seeds and stems out so it burned forever- way past when the weed was gone. I must've just been inhaling butane fumes. I smoked all the seeds down to ash and I remember thinking. "Man these seeds are getting me fukt up". Then my grandma (lives a few houses over) came into the backyard to feed to dog for some reason at like 6:30 in the morning. I freaked out and was so paranoid I hid in the shed under a sink.

I don't remember much of those highs but they must've been amazing for us to keep doing it. It wasn't just me, many of my friends all starting smoking at the same time and were morons. We didn't have a clue. I remember my friend rolling a joint with toilet paper one time. It just burst into a big flame that burned out quickly and left all this singed schwag on the carpet covered in toilet paper fibers and ash.

I also remember a friend showing us how to make aluminum foil pipes and when we went to go smoke it all we had was matches. It was windy so we took turns lighting up and using the big initial burn off of the match to light the weed instead of waiting for the wood to burn. So all of us were getting huge sulfur fumes hits. We smoked for a long time and when we unraveled the pipe the pot was barely singed. We were just inhaling fumes.

When I think back on those days of smoking ditch weed out of pop cans it makes me laugh. It's sure a big change for the world of clean G-on-G bongs and resin catching grinders. The closest thing I had to a resin catching device was a metal chamber pipe which we packed with schwag and got disgustingly resinous and smoked with delight later. A long way away from kief topped bowls of grapefruit and diesel. I still had fun though.

Feel free to share your second or third experience as well. Sometimes those are more interesting than your first. For instance, here's a story about my second or third time smoking...

After starting to smoke, I became curious about bongs. I thought it was really amazing how the smoke would go through water first, lol.

Anyway, one night a few friends and I were chilling in my room about to smoke. I mentioned how we should construct a bong, and my friend (the one who introduced me to weed) announced that he has a lot of experience making home made smoking devices, and that he'd be able to make a really good one.

We found an empty Smirnoff 5th Vodka bottle, and it was big and plastic, and my friend said it would be perfect. He then constructed it into a bong using a metal pen tube, duct tape, a socket for the bowl, and aluminum foil for the screen. He then poked a hole for the carb. Even though it was a cheap home made bong, it worked extremely well, and it filled with massive amounts of milky white smoke.

We probably had an 8th or a 1/4th of some very potent sativa dominant mexican import. To this day, (even though I'm a daily smoker, and that is probably the cause) I still don't get highs as intense and vibrant as back then.

Anyway, we kept passing it around, and before long I was really high. I remember exclaiming "I'm baked!" and the words seemed to echo and go on forever. It was really cool. Anyway, me being naive and all, and my friends being experienced smokers, we non stop kept packing it, and passing it around. I kept taking huge ass rips, even though I was already in a way different world, lol.

I remember I went to the bathroom. All of a sudden, I kept having like flashbacks in my head of weird childhood memories. One after the other. It was crazy. I also kept thinking I'd hear things, like my mom calling me or something, even though she wasn't even home.

I went back into my room, and laid down on my couch. I was completely gone. I was just staring at my ceiling, and whenever I'd look at my legs or hands or something, they'd look really far away, or disproportioned. I remember staring at one of my Posters, and as soon as I looked at it, I got a vision in my mind about something, and whenever I'd look at that Poster, I'd think of that memory.

My friends were all talking to each other, but I could care less what was going on around me, lol. It was amazing, one of my top experiences of all time.

Like I said, that was only one of my first times smoking, but I vividly remember the next morning...

Up until that point, I had always been with others when I smoked. However, the next morning I still had some weed, and all my friends had gone home. I decided to take a shower, and bring the bong with me before I took my shower.

To be Continued... (going to smoke a bowl)

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
ok I'll really show myself up here (hey I was 17 lemme alone :wink:.. I remember being taught how to make a bubble bong from a plastic pop bottle and a bic and some foil (much like the one described above) by the older heads.. and shortly after I was at a party getting drunk and was somehow convinced to show the guys there how to make this contraption, even though there was no puff to smoke through it.. later my mates were smoking RAISENS through it..LMFAO.. I can't lie.. I took a big old raisen hit too... not a patch on skunk weed though, I must say... (oh dear... you may neg me lots for that...lol) ... us country folks'll do pretty much anything for a giggle.:wink:

I

icmag.is.#1

15, pepsi bottle bong, in friends garage upstairs, got all high and walked off wrong side of stair hole thru stairs onto pile of rusty bikes, my friends thought i was dead till they heard "duh,huh,huh"

WOW that's the hardest Ive ever laughed while reading anything LOL

as for my first time smoking.....was 15 and thank god i had somewhere peaceful to sit. can only remember bits and peaces I remember thinking to my self that i was never gonna do this again but.... about a week later i had baught my first half oz and the fun really began=)

Kush_Master

High Grade Specialist
Veteran
I was 13 and had a buddy who was in boy scouts LOL. At one scout meeting he smoked weed and told me how great it was afterwards. I wanted to try it! So one day i was staying at another friends place overnight, his parents were gone. We knew some local potheads so we bought some shitty hash from them and smoked it. I didnt notice much.

But i didnt give up i was really determined! So i bought a small acryl bong (i couldnt roll joints) and kept on "experimenting". I basically got my whole clique hooked on pot that time haha. I dont remember memorable highs from that time either. We smoked this really crappy hash all the time.

What i remember very well though is one day we would all hook up with my neighbour and go into the woods after some party. He had a 3 foot bong and some really nice weed! Since i didn't want to look like a pussy i ripped that huge bong like i would smoke my small acryl bong and it totally blew my head off.

I remember after the bong rip i just fell to the side in a bush and laughed my ass off, i couldnt move lol. BUt i thought it was funny.

At some point i had to go home and when i walked in the living room my parents where sitting there, very concerned because i shouldve been home like 3 hours earlier. I remember them saying "where have you been?" and it was like the words were coming from underwater or something and echoing, really amazing! I just blabbered some random excuse and excused myself to bed lol.

Been hooked ever since