What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

you never seen someone so useless

U

useless.gardens

4 for 4 on tropicanna cookies.

using a heat mat (with digi thermo & temp control) for the first time. cubes are nice and warm. hope the mat gets me through the stubborn part of the process over here. give em a tug & you can feel the cuts are rooted. taking way to long to see white roots from that point.

gonna switch the biggest tent to 600w. gonna rock this out on hps to simulate the fall spectrum.

first weeks : 3x3 : vert hung 400w hortilux blue mh & led far red initiator.
mid cycle : 3x3 vert 400w cmh : 4x3 adjust-a-wing 400w cmh
finish tent : 4x4 vert 600w hortilux super hps

my main veg : 2 @ 8 lamp t5s & 1 @ 315w cmh
clone set up : , 3 @ 9w led bulbs , & 195w cfl , 1 @ 23w panel
sexing set up : 1 @ 23w led panel

normally, fyi, i use only 4 lamps on the t5. couple of hours several times a week i throw on all 8 bulbs.

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

silver crisp
picture.php

gg4 stacking
picture.php

U

useless.gardens

3 of 3 exotix "blue steel" are female. excited to see what they hold.

blueberry og x the cube (starfighter f3)

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

Whats the banner#3 like?
og x strawberry diesel. i just got the cut. my research says it tests high thc, is sativa dom, and yields good. its a cup winner. as far as flavor & odor, cant say. i got 5 cuts so ill have one in flower before you know it.

not that its the gold standard, but leafy has bruce banner #3 with 1000 reviews & a 4.6 rating. its popular & that's what sold me on the cut.

plus, its dank & yields good.

everything else (trait) is secondary to dankness, strux, yield... imho.

now, just got to grow it & see for myself.

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

installed my far red initiator. attached it to a piece of wood with screws that allow the led board to hang down when tucked between the support poles. simply. easy. neat. the plan is to run it last 15 min of hid light & 15 min into lights off.

adding alcatraz og & cherry malawi to the next run. up-potted and vegging out.

heat mat making the clone tent very nice. im at 68 ambient & trays in the tent are a solid 73-75.

i see mad roots in the future !

picked up a nanolux 600w ballast new for $60 to my door. great to have a solid backup at such a super price. got a 600w hortilux super hps on the way too. the 4x4 gonna plump em' up ;-)

got in my 4/20 "self love" early. so there will be no action over here on stoner xmas. my next piece of gear should be a dual hose portable ac unit. been scoping them out.

say the name of this cut NEVER :
picture.php

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
installed my far red initiator. attached it to a piece of wood with screws that allow the led board to hang down when tucked between the support poles. simply. easy. neat. the plan is to run it last 15 min of hid light & 15 min into lights off.

adding alcatraz og & cherry malawi to the next run. up-potted and vegging out.

heat mat making the clone tent very nice. im at 68 ambient & trays in the tent are a solid 73-75.

i see mad roots in the future !

picked up a nanolux 600w ballast new for $60 to my door. great to have a solid backup at such a super price. got a 600w hortilux super hps on the way too. the 4x4 gonna plump em' up ;-)

got in my 4/20 "self love" early. so there will be no action over here on stoner xmas. my next piece of gear should be a dual hose portable ac unit. been scoping them out.

say the name of this cut NEVER :
View Image

What the far red initiator?

U

useless.gardens

google it and read. its a red led diode at 730nm. this type of light puts the plants "to sleep" faster. the sooner in the dark cycle the plants sleep the more dark time they get. the more dark time = faster onset of flower, the build-up of those hormones, etc. even if it cuts 1 week off flower time, like the week you first put them into 12/12 & they basically do nothing, imagine making that time more productive for the plant? i think it'll be great on the 10wk strains i want to run like 2.0, ogz, blue dream, etc.

my new ogkb 2.0 trick... next feed... imma hit it with roots excel :-0

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

cracked 4 @ galactic tahoe x astrodawg by red eye.

i was wondering what happened to area51 dude. he lost the trademark right to his seed company name & became danky dankster.

couldnt resist the genetics in that pack.

want to crack more cookies x's but gonna wait a second.

&

far red initiator on a timer and doing its magik. ill report any changes for sure.

got my 4x3x6 tent. stoked. should be set up by sunday. have plants in it soon after.

8" filter & fan combo be here next week. ready to rock out in a two bedroom set up. got an ozone genny on a timer in the basement. house is smelling very normal. i like to do overkill on the odor control. should be starting to harvest soon. after that, be snatching nuggets on the regular. the trim game is the stinkiest part of the entire grow process. want to make sure we stay smelling low key.

last piece of the puzzle is a dual hose ac unit.

the extra flower room in the 2nd bedroom have to shut down in the summer but ill still be able to rock 4 tents w/ an ac unit.

nug life is the best life.
ya heard !

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
google it and read. its a red led diode at 730nm. this type of light puts the plants "to sleep" faster. the sooner in the dark cycle the plants sleep the more dark time they get. the more dark time = faster onset of flower, the build-up of those hormones, etc. even if it cuts 1 week off flower time, like the week you first put them into 12/12 & they basically do nothing, imagine making that time more productive for the plant? i think it'll be great on the 10wk strains i want to run like 2.0, ogz, blue dream, etc.

my new ogkb 2.0 trick... next feed... imma hit it with roots excel :-0
It's my understanding that by adding the phytochrome initiators you only need to run them for a few minutes after lights out and you can run as much as 13 1/2 hours of light giving you more growth. I use the hlg set up that has a built in timer and photo cell to activate it.
I haven't been running them long enough to give an honest opinion yet but we will see.

U

useless.gardens

It's my understanding that by adding the phytochrome initiators you only need to run them for a few minutes after lights out and you can run as much as 13 1/2 hours of light giving you more growth. I use the hlg set up that has a built in timer and photo cell to activate it.
I haven't been running them long enough to give an honest opinion yet but we will see.
i have to grab another timer. all i have in the house are 30min interval timers. definitely gonna follow your advice & use the far red led for only 15 after lights out. not gonna add any time to the light schedule until you report back :) all & all, from reading around, i think its a worthwhile pursuit.

chop chop. harvesting the auto dark purple today. not my favorite plants, but better than nothing. happy as a pig in the proverbial shit.

got other plants looking ready to fall next week (ish) 1 @ afghan kush & the indica pheno of nl x bb.

back on the nug train.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Man is this one of the first harvests, either way congratulations on making this far. Nothing better than harvesting something fresh to pull on.

U

useless.gardens

^ bless bro. means a bunch. appreciate you.

last piece of the puzzle is on the way, picked up a portable dual hose 13000btu air conditioner.

planning the hot weather now. shouldnt loose too much of a step. i wanna get through the alien apple warps, blue steel, cherry malawi, and other cracks without rushing.

cant find a winner if im distracted by space, temps, etc. & those beans by alien, something special going on there.

the alcatraz og male, i dont know if i should make seeds with it. kinda wimpy. was thinking of tossing it. then again, its the only male from that pack. what to do?

ill have my 4x3 set up soon. should have that filled in two weeks.

dont mind cutting back a couple of tents in the warm/hot weather but i need to "get it in" even in the summer.

lol.

U

useless.gardens

heat mat encouraging vigorous root growth on the cuts in root riots. stoked.

& the dwc cloner got em poppin' off too. stoked 2x.

so far, 3 for 4 on the galactic tahoe x astrodawg. cant wait to see what these do!

leaning toward tossing the alcatraz og male. im not keen on making seeds with him.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Looking good man. So I'm getting ready to pop some seeds again. I have those Face on Fire. But I also have some Face-Off OG BX2 x Designer OG. I think I wanna pop those first and save the FOF . Whatcha' think ?

Latest posts

Latest posts