What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

you never seen someone so useless

nickman

Veteran
Dam bro, you really got the ball rolling ...!!!...

U got yourself some nice elite cuts... I had a chance with a few of those same cuts myself but fucked it up by dipping them into SMITE... the next day they were all dead...

I don’t normally mess with cuts as I love growing from seed... I love trying to find the gems in those seeds...

Since I started growing , I’ve probably only ever had a couple clones that I did myself... they were Jack the Ripper - it was a nice lemon smelling pheno...

Keep on grinding bro ...!!!...

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Wer u keeping all your amendments and what not...I got so tired of that shit being in the house, one of the main reasons for switching to hydro.

U

useless.gardens

Wer u keeping all your amendments and what not...I got so tired of that shit being in the house, one of the main reasons for switching to hydro.
right now i got the bags in one of the upstairs bedrooms. gonna go grab a huge tote & some binder clips to store them. i did hydro for years. in a 10x30 flower room, it was soooooooooooo much work. its all a matter of perspective. i definitely respect your flow & how you roll in the garden.

but with co2 & my coco/promix concoction, nobody out yielding me per square foot. fact. did this in my basement in the other thread. was smashing zips of gg4, face off og, blue dream, pink cheese. once i get all mixed up & cooking, im working less than ever before.

& i dont see it as "work" ...cause i love it so much !

shit, i tried to get a job with down to earth the other day. no matter what, i got them sending me free swag (tshirt & hoodie).

it's 100x more work rehabbing this house.

when the weather is nice, keep finding termites around the property. minor damage in the house. but ive yet to open all the walls! been chilling a few weeks cause i been busting ass since october. gonna get a 15 yard dump out here real soon & should have the basement done in another month or two. ill have about $12 to $15k down there with new electric service, new furnace (gas), new plumbing, etc...

still feels like im camping under a roof.

BUT beats a jail cell tell you what!

U

useless.gardens

Dam bro, you really got the ball rolling ...!!!...

U got yourself some nice elite cuts... I had a chance with a few of those same cuts myself but fucked it up by dipping them into SMITE... the next day they were all dead...

I don’t normally mess with cuts as I love growing from seed... I love trying to find the gems in those seeds...

Since I started growing , I’ve probably only ever had a couple clones that I did myself... they were Jack the Ripper - it was a nice lemon smelling pheno...

Keep on grinding bro ...!!!...

nugget factory up & running... & got mad respect for you too bro !

im a fanatic for the elites. not all of them though. just the ones that strike my fancy. seeds, i like to crack them, i like to collect them, i like to play with them... but you never know what you gonna get.

i prefer known. it makes the indoor garden more reliable to me.

U

useless.gardens

i tossed all the unbroken chain from mycotek. they just aint gonna bust roots.

so, hate to admit it, i lost the melon (karma) & unbroken chain.

got one more cheese cut left & she's tight in the root riot. i put her in a cup & sprinkled a generous amount of great white on the cube. really love that cheese. hopefully, my boy start logging back in to icmag & send me my cut of blue dream & pink cheese.

saw some of the brown rice i tossed in my mix started to sprout.

fuck this nugget game... imma do rice ! ow shit... imma cross rice to weed and make weedy rice. & you thought jasmine rice was tasty !!!!

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
From now on im calling you mr.worebuck lol as you can see I've been rocking with soil but like you im upstairs with carpet so shit gets messy quick shit most of the time i was sweeping and vacuuming more then fucking with the plants,

Plus after seeing these plants beast out in hydro im done with dirt, tryna decide if ima keep moms in soil, coco or in a bubble bucket.

Finna go in my basement and hook up a 16 plant r-dwc system down there and see what i can do lol.

Seems you and dank frank are killing the soil game these days though , good shit !

U

useless.gardens

cracked 5 @ cherry malawi from KOS.
couldnt help myself :biggrin:

got another alcatraz og on the rise! 2 for 10 germ rate... still keeping them at #15. off the top 10 "breeder" list forever.

and the dark purple autos (delicious seeds) on the rise. be firing up the 4x4 flower tent before you know it:woohoo:

set up my new 2x2 with 23w knock-off HLG... love it ! got a sexy station with 2 @ 2x2x4 tents for cuts, seeds, and little plants. the other 2x2 rocking 190w of cfl.

pimping 6 tents now. so happy !

Last edited:
U

useless.gardens

love to run those ogz through a screen: face off og bx2, my cut
picture.php

dynasty, lovin cup
picture.php

ow bodhi, you so fu*king useless !
picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
CRISPR gene editing is fucking insane.

feeling nerdy?

read this article about a new form of life (synthetic life) created in the lab: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/artificial-life-vint-cerf

I know a lot of people are against it. Gene editing and the likes. But honestly, it's where we are going as a society. The future of medicine is happening with the help of CRISPR. Are there negatives, sure. Just like with anything. But I for one am all for science and the progression of it.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
CRISPR gene editing is fucking insane.

feeling nerdy?

read this article about a new form of life (synthetic life) created in the lab: https://www.wired.co.uk/article/artificial-life-vint-cerf

Interesting article. From my understanding CRISPR basically creates a mutation at a specific location. There is no insertion of foreign genes from another species. It's basically a roll of the dice at this point in time.

Here is an interesting talk about the current state of GMO in food production.

https://youtu.be/n62R2y7KwS0

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I saw an article awhile ago about modifying brewers yeast with DNA from plants to allow the yeast to produce organic compounds when brewed instead of alcohol, the potential is endless. Difficult crops like vanilla beans that skyrocketed in price from around $11 per pound to almost $275 per pound would benefit greatly.

picture.php

picture.php

Link to source articles:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-04/cronos-partners-with-ginkgo-to-develop-lab-grown-cannabis

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vanilla-bean-shortage-madagascar-drives-up-us-prices/

U

useless.gardens

no doubt. when i worked in the kitchen we used to import vanilla bean from tahiti. charging you $9 for a 6oz creme brulee made completely from scratch... with the crusty sugar top, berries, and chantilly creme too.

if you even thought about throwing away the bean pod after scraping it... id fire your ass.

use to dry one out & stuff it in sugar and keep it in my desk. vanilla sugar + cafe con leche = love !!!!

they installing my (natural) gas line today. one step closer to finishing the basement.

digging up everything out there. hahahahhahaha. my neighbors are pissed. im in the garden & cops are standing around a hole with the gas plumbers.

and wtf? the oil furnace is from 1964 and inefficient as hell. never seen such a wasteful furnace. plus at 275 gallons, it costs $ to fill it up. drinks diesel like i drink powerade.

even worse, i like the house at 75-78 in the winter. cant wait to get rid of that oil burning piece of shit. unless you have no other option, i dont know how people rock out on that style of furnace.

KOS cherry malawi cracking in < 24 hours. stoked.

Akss

Nice natural gas is cheap but they sure do get ya on the delivery charges now. Last month i used $29.58 in gas delivery charge was $77.62...

U

useless.gardens

Nice natural gas is cheap but they sure do get ya on the delivery charges now. Last month i used $29.58 in gas delivery charge was $77.62...
wow. that's a hella hefty fee. is that for heat? or just your stove & dryer? or some similar combo? still in my case, even with the temp in the house at 68, fuel oil costing me about $250-$275 per month. in my room, i use an oil filled radiator to bump up the temp to 73-75.

cracked 3 @ blue steel from exotix genetix. trying to bring my plant count up a tad. from 5 platinum fire (relentless) i am hoping one is female. cant tell yet. but it kinda looks like 5 males from 5 seeds. not 100% certain so we shall see.

U

useless.gardens

alcatraz og... when i checked it didnt have a "proper" tap root & looks like its gonna live its whole life in a runt state. flip side, cotolydons opened & greening up finally. we shall see.

cherry malawi... in cups all "cracked out" in < 24hrs.

auto dark purple... 7 of 9 made it to the party... rock out!

blue steel... in a fresh paper towel & let's hope we get 3 seedlings.

angelica (bodhi)... looking so sexy! hope they're all ladies.

alien apple warp... in 18/6 and ready to transplant from solos.

silver crisp... ready to transplant, 18/6 being good to them.

notes on a few cuts:

2.0 & sour dubbs soon to be on the way in to the labratory for testing & mad fun !!

wedding cake clones... taking off real good. so stoked !

& fake91... smells like a tire factory made a set of tires in your grow room just as the tire plant caught on fire while you were doing a burnout in a big block chevelle.

true og... you wish you could date her.

irene... holy ish got some sexy vigor & nice strux.

gg4... she's my love.

Last edited:

Akss

The gas runs my heat,hotwater,cooking stove,dryer lol. But i was using the pellet stove for part of the month to heat not much though.. the month before just used the pellet stove bill was 9 bucks for gas charge 31bucks delivery charge. Its old small house. Yep natural gas is cheap

U

useless.gardens

The gas runs my heat,hotwater,cooking stove,dryer lol. But i was using the pellet stove for part of the month to heat not much though.. the month before just used the pellet stove bill was 9 bucks for gas charge 31 bucks delivery charge. Its old small house. Yep natural gas is cheap
ah. the pellet stove. on a similar note over here, i plan to install a wood stove for a secondary source of heat. already have one in the basement waiting for install. i use an electric tankless (100 amp) water heater from germany. state of the art sexyness. im all about the gas dryer & gas stove for sure. i hate electric stoves. the delivery charges where you live are insane. i know as of yesterday, meter installed at the house, ill start getting a bill not even using an iota of gas... fu*king joke. but, this oil furnace is crazy inefficient. cant wait to get the space back. imma put two tents in that location:biggrin: