What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

Green Squall

That's a fact my friend. In addition to our garden grown veggies, the missus canned stew, vegetable soup, chili, and stuffed pepper soup using many home grown ingredients. There's also various home made jams and jellies.

That's before you get into what she put by in the freezer. View Image

We'll be eating good all winter long.

Since I'm a grasshopper, it's a good thing I married an ant. :biggrin:

How often do you replace the lids and seals? I contemplate canning every season but always end up freezing.

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
How often do you replace the lids and seals? I contemplate canning every season but always end up freezing.

Whenever we open a jar, we throw away the inner part of the lid (I assume that's what you mean by seal). As long as the outer lids aren't damaged we keep and reuse them. The missus just picked up a few boxes of lids (inner) tonight.

She cans with a pressure cooker. Those babies are sealed so tight, you need a church key to open them. :biggrin:

B

bigganjabud

You know you live in the country if..........

It takes a generator and a degree of fuel to power your TV!!!!

MicroRoy

Whenever we open a jar, we throw away the inner part of the lid (I assume that's what you mean by seal). As long as the outer lids aren't damaged we keep and reuse them. The missus just picked up a few boxes of lids (inner) tonight.

She cans with a pressure cooker. Those babies are sealed so tight, you need a church key to open them. :biggrin:

We call them rings and flats. The last couple of years they came out with reusable flats.

I am old and dont trust them.

St. Phatty

The local flora

sink their roots

into a rarely used bathroom sink.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4065_+_anon_.jpg
    IMG_4065_+_anon_.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 15

MicroRoy

I see a shadow pass through the window lite. I pop up grab the shotgun sitting beside the door. Step out on thecdeck.Fresh squirrel.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
You know you live in the country if......

You and your wife can sit on your front porch on a beautiful Autumn day.....

And trim a few gallons of buds....:biggrin:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You know you live in the country if.......

You know you live in the country if.......

Bud Green Sr is your neighbor :)

St. Phatty

You had 2 neighbors who have been feuding for 15 years, because they shot each other's dog (dead).

Before that, they were best friends.

But, when one of them died, the feud did not stop.

The living feuder (currently 68) chose to continue the feud with the brother, widow, and tenant (3 different people) of his previous feuding partner.

Most recently, that meant coming onto my property (heard about it the next day) with a rifle and a handgun, threatening to do un-specified damages to the 2 men he's trying to continue the feud with. That was in September 2013. His pupils were dilated as big as pupils go.

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
You know you live in the country if..........

You have the best looking girlfriend for 100's of miles.

and

You're flying EDF jets and you have all the room.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
When you have to stop, as I did today, and help your neighbor herd the cows down the road into the next pasture.

MicroRoy

You know you live in the country. If you have ever rescued a drunk teenager that was hanging by his pant leg from a barbed wire fence.