What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yes I really live on an Island with a tribe of Natives

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
awesome story masa!! I could almost feel the stick going in my leg hehe
yea drinking goat blood would be a toughy for me too!
sniffing tree sap is new for me, wow that old women is prob just about pickled by now!
thanks masa, cant wait for the next story :)

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I thought that stuff looked a little like the old school Thai

Thanks for the update

Coba

Veteran
what up masa,

Intense is a word that comes to mind. that's some intense moments your describing right there,

has the Old Woman warmed up to you a little after this experience? after all, you "let" her stick her hot poker inside you...

My 9 YO APBT was bitten by a cotton mouth a couple of years ago... we thought he was a gonner for sure. his back leg swoll up to 5x times it's original size and was getting bigger...
we decided no vet, he has had a good life, and a moccasin bite is a pretty cool way to die. beats a heat stroke (second leading cause of death for local dogs... second to snake bite)

he had hip issues, so do most of his breed.., a big beautiful black and white Colby. he sat inside for two weeks until the swelling went down, and after all was said and done... his hips seemed to not hurt him so bad. he could run and jump a lot better than before. I sometimes wonder if the snake venom had fixed his hip issues a little bit.

dude great story, I enjoy your posts about life on that island.

Madjag

Veteran
Poison as the Cure

Poison as the Cure

what up masa,

Intense is a word that comes to mind. that's some intense moments your describing right there,

has the Old Woman warmed up to you a little after this experience? after all, you "let" her stick her hot poker inside you...

My 9 YO APBT was bitten by a cotton mouth a couple of years ago... we thought he was a gonner for sure. his back leg swoll up to 5x times it's original size and was getting bigger...
we decided no vet, he has had a good life, and a moccasin bite is a pretty cool way to die. beats a heat stroke (second leading cause of death for local dogs... second to snake bite)

he had hip issues, so do most of his breed.., a big beautiful black and white Colby. he sat inside for two weeks until the swelling went down, and after all was said and done... his hips seemed to not hurt him so bad. he could run and jump a lot better than before. I sometimes wonder if the snake venom had fixed his hip issues a little bit.

dude great story, I enjoy your posts about life on that island.

Weirdly enough your dog's recovery to an even better state than before the bite is similar to the basics of Homeopathy: administer a tiny bit of a toxin, irritant, or beneficial extract and your body will use its own immune defenses to pump out the appropriate defensive response.

Some folks have actually used agave needles (the sharp branch tips) from the local agave varieties to prick their arthritic joints (knees and such) and cause their body to release its own immune response to quell the inflammation the agave needle created because of its toxin. In the subsequent bodily repsonse the original arthritis gets squashed as well. Two for one.

Peace,
Madjag

MJBadger

Veteran
I reckon we need that tree sap over here in the uk , as far as i know it ain`t on the banned list .
Madjag , you have hit it on the nail . I know someone that has been hit by poisinous snake & scorpion & now has a natrual part resistance to the venoms . The APBT was an interesting item & so was Masa`s snake bite . Bee sting has been used with great effect on some people with arthritis & rhumatisem . The answer to a lot of ill`s is in nature & has been for 1000`s of years

masamaaso

Veteran
Weirdly enough your dog's recovery to an even better state than before the bite is similar to the basics of Homeopathy: administer a tiny bit of a toxin, irritant, or beneficial extract and your body will use its own immune defenses to pump out the appropriate defensive response.

Some folks have actually used agave needles (the sharp branch tips) from the local agave varieties to prick their arthritic joints (knees and such) and cause their body to release its own immune response to quell the inflammation the agave needle created because of its toxin. In the subsequent bodily repsonse the original arthritis gets squashed as well. Two for one.

Peace
Madjag

I reckon we need that tree sap over here in the uk , as far as i know it ain`t on the banned list .
Madjag , you have hit it on the nail . I know someone that has been hit by poisinous snake & scorpion & now has a natrual part resistance to the venoms . The APBT was an interesting item & so was Masa`s snake bite . Bee sting has been used with great effect on some people with arthritis & rhumatisem . The answer to a lot of ill`s is in nature & has been for 1000`s of years

Yer both on to it,,,look at Botox injections.
Like the Agave needle theres a thorny shrubby looking ugly if ya ask me plant that has long skinny thorns that are poison,,not gonna kill ya poison, more like a real bad allergy reaction,but their used in an accupunture like manner for the same things ,,arthritis and other pains.. If someones hurt bad and needs to be sedated or immoblized theres a stone fish that is deadly,,very deadly,,it has spins on it back and the ends of its fan like fins,,one good nick or poke and yer done. But in the hands of the healer woman she can poke ya with it Just right here and there and sadate someone into a waking paralized state.
An example of what I mean would be when a guy fell out of a coconut tree,,,60 feet straight down. Snapped his leg below the knee in half like a twig with both broken ends sticking out, lower half of his leg was hanging on by ripped skin. When they got him to the healer womans hut he was passed out and lost alot of blood,, heres where it gets fuked up,,,She waiffed some sulfer under his nose and got him awake,,yea,,,she woke the dude up and in seconds he was screaming, the old woman worked quick she had the spiny back of a stone fish in her hand and started poking the guys leg around the knee just above the wound, then worked her way up to his waist, she did the same on his other leg except she started at his foot and went to his waist,,each time she was carefull to just insert the tip if each spin,,in a few minutes the guy was calm and talking and explaining that a swarm of bees knocked him out of the tree,, he drank some water and smoked a couple cigarettes while the healer woman cleaned tended and set the leg as best she could do with two snapped bones,, whole time frame was about 2 hours including closing and dressing the wound and that whole time that man sat there,,awake talkin shit having a smoke, I know wounds pretty well and the pain that comes with um and that broken leg looked painful, but the dude just sat there letting the old woman do her thing.
So heres what happened in a nut shell
When he came in passed out she needed to wake him up, he needed to be awake so the old woman could judge the amount of toxin she needed, if he was still passed out she wouldnt know if what she was doing was working, what she did was paralize him from the waist down. she worked on him for 2 hours and he didnt feel a thing, Thanks to a Fish,,
Anesthesiology, Jungle style.

The jungle is full of natural meds that work for lots of mans ailments,, a few ive talked about here and have first hand experience with,, theres just to many c*cks#ckers making money keeping most of it out of our hands and gardens. :ying:

S

SeaMaiden

I wouldn't be surprised if I've been stuck by a species similar to that stone fish. What's a little saddening is that this knowledge of hers will stay with her and on that island. Maybe that's just the way it's supposed to be.

This brings up something my husband experienced a few years ago. Waaayyy back when he was a youngster, he was into rock climbing. One afternoon he took what he calls a 'whipper' down on a cliff, and smacked his shin pretty good, took off a lot of skin (or rather, left a lot on the rock). Since it was bleeding badly he took some of that chalk climbers use and rubbed a whole bunch of that into the wound.

That developed into an eczema-like scar that itched terribly, got red, raised, bumpy and FLAKED like you wouldn't believe. He spent years going to the docs, getting biopsied, taking all kinds of different meds, creams, all sorts of stuff. Some things worked a little bit, and others made it MUCH much worse.

One day a few years ago he's out back doing work on the property. He gets nailed by poison oak. Previously no sensitivity to it, this time he blew up, skin weeping, the whole thing. Had to go to the doc for the prednisone pack or whatever it is they use. Anyway, after going through all that one day he notices his shin is cleared up! Completely. Now? Now you can't even tell there was ever a problem there. The skin is blemish-free, the hair's grown back, it's like nothin' ever happened.

I was watching this flick, Committed, and the protagonist in the movie was having pow wow with an old Mexican shaman, and I loved what he had to say about people and rattlesnakes. I got the whole dose all at once.

Can you believe that I *still* have never broken a single bone in my body? Me, either.

Madjag

Veteran
Immunology and Histology are two highly-understudied fields. The body's ability to cross-heal is amazing.....and I haven't ever broken a bone either.... in 62 years.

T

toughmudderdave

This brings up something my husband experienced a few years ago. Waaayyy back when he was a youngster, he was into rock climbing. One afternoon he took what he calls a 'whipper' down on a cliff, and smacked his shin pretty good, took off a lot of skin (or rather, left a lot on the rock). Since it was bleeding badly he took some of that chalk climbers use and rubbed a whole bunch of that into the wound.

That developed into an eczema-like scar that itched terribly, got red, raised, bumpy and FLAKED like you wouldn't believe. He spent years going to the docs, getting biopsied, taking all kinds of different meds, creams, all sorts of stuff. Some things worked a little bit, and others made it MUCH much worse.

One day a few years ago he's out back doing work on the property. He gets nailed by poison oak. Previously no sensitivity to it, this time he blew up, skin weeping, the whole thing. Had to go to the doc for the prednisone pack or whatever it is they use. Anyway, after going through all that one day he notices his shin is cleared up! Completely. Now? Now you can't even tell there was ever a problem there. The skin is blemish-free, the hair's grown back, it's like nothin' ever happened.

Immunology and Histology are two highly-understudied fields. The body's ability to cross-heal is amazing.....and I haven't ever broken a bone either.... in 62 years.

It is amazing. I had long since given up hope for treatment as I've had biopsies taken and prescriptions to no avail. I go and get poison oak for the first time in my life and suddenly it disappears. I'm guessing it was how my skin reacted to fighting the poison oak that enabled it to somehow "heal" the rash.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
uh ohhhh I hope masa is okay!!
I read about that, didnt even think about our island friends!
Keepin good thoughts for you guys :)

S

SeaMaiden

Southern PI, and if I recollect, he's a few hundred miles south. How big was Sandy...? Big enough to cover that range, easily.

diggdugg

Damn, that sounds like a real nasty storm. Massa sounds like the type of guy that would see danger like that coming and be prepared. Where ya at man?

BubsNugs

Excellent read dude! What a life! thanks for taking the time and effort to tell your stories you really have a way with your writing. Hope we hear from you soon, sounds like your fellow islanders are a pretty tough crew and really tuned into their enviroment so I am sure they know how best to survive what the world throws at them> best of luck and get back to us soon! Thanks again for the read I read it all today.

peace

S

SeaMaiden

^^ Yup. Remember that photo some pages back, showing the rope that's hung out over the ville? Remember what he wrote about it? That's what I can't get out of my head.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
But why isn't Masa writing..? Don't like mysteries in Third World Countries with our Good Ic Peeps. Due to equipment failure, Bruddahman could have needed to use someone else's computer to sign-in as stated above, but didn't want to post from said Computer.....?

Guess I'm paranoid 'cause of the John McAfee story which I am following too closely. Just Visualizing both Masa and McAfee --Ok In safe places..

Last edited:
S

SeaMaiden

But why isn't Masa writing..? Don't like mysteries in Third World Countries with our Good Ic Peeps. Due to equipment failure, Bruddahman could have needed to use someone else's computer to sign-in as stated above, but didn't want to post from said Computer.....?

Guess I'm paranoid 'cause of the John McAfee story which I am following too closely. Just Visualizing both Masa and McAfee --Ok In safe places..

Jesus, I've been following McAfee's adventures, too! I'm boggled, the man has some moxie to say the least. And that's saying the least.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have a lot of cleanup to do and it's just cutting into his 'puter time.

masamaaso

Veteran
Hello shipmates,,,Your all spot on with the storm,, when It started looking bad on the radar we decided to head for the hills, and I mean just that, we packed out some rice dried fish a few canned hams and headed for the caves half way up the mountain, and If your wondering, and I know you are,,,the answers YES,,, I packed all 8 of my lil 2 week old Indica seedlings in a covered box and hand carried them all the way to the caves (about an hours walk if ya do it on the quick foot). After waiting so long to get something ANYTHING different to grow and smoke and getting 8 out of 10 to pop and grow,,it was gonna take alot more than a wimpy little pencil neck super typhoon to seperate me from them.

Clean up time,,place is a mess,, picture the sceans from gilligans island after a storm and the beach is covered in downed trees and palm branches everywhere and you'll have the picture.
All the colorful boats that lined the river are now a colorful piles of splinters, the fishing village at the mouth of the river where saemadins rope is got compleatly washed over, its now a nude strip of rocky beach head.

To prevent a total lose I took down my comms/pod and tucked it in the house, our house is a lil different than the others and we really didnt have to leave here, but it would be very uncool to sit here with my gen/set cool drinks and vid game while the everyone else is huddled in caves up the hill side,,very un-cool.

We spent 2 days in the caves watching it rain sideways and shit flying by like whole trees.
The caves go in pretty deep and each family has a spot where they go when storms come, some even leave cloths and some food up there, we holed up with my wifes family and started carving out our own spot near by, soon enough granpa started talking telling us how times like this brings new life, " we will all survive like weve done in the past, protected by the spirits of the mountain, the spirits give us a place to survive when life will be lost outside of the caves,, for every tree fallen in the forest it makes way for 100 more to grow (*sidenote* we will go out and hand cut all if not most of the fallen trees into rough lumber)
When the river floods it brings new soils from the mountain into the rice and corn fields telling us that the first harvest after a bad storm is always a big one. The ground water gets refilled and the fresh water in the river in full of new life ready for us to harvest and eat, storms bring alot of good after the bad.

The biggest hit was the rice and corn our main food source both wiped out,, and sad as fuk looking I'll tell ya.......
Theres still about 2 feet of standing water and some corn might get salvaged as animal feed but the rice crop is gone and i mean gone,,looks like there was never nothing there to start with, this is gonna hurt,, rice and corn feed everyone here year round and Ive never seen it this bad so I'm not sure whats gonna happen, soon we'll start hearing from the other islands and find out how well they, theres a handful of boats patched up and in the water fishing, the loss of the rice and corn will hurt but these people been here before and will be here again.
In the past 2 days several long huts have been put up as temp housing until people have time to build their own, in here is where the village really gets together as one food is sparce but it here and a fair share goes to all theres no hording or hiding from the oldest to the youngest everyone gets taken care by the village as a whole.
A prize winning example of this,,,, A woman gave birth 3 weeks ago to a lil girl about the size of a peanut, the woman has a extream excess of breast milk,, theres 3 other babies here under 1 year old,,, do you think these people are gonna let that milk go to waste ??
Not a chance, as funny as it looked and sounds, the sight of this young woman nursing a baby on each tit, both having a snack was the epitome of this races survival.

Time for a pot of Coffee.:ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts