What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yes I really live on an Island with a tribe of Natives

tamworthrope

masa
Awesome to hear about the coffee harvest. I like the real dark beans. Never roasted them myself but it can be done with a hot air popper like for popcorn. I would probably only have two fingers left from sneaking into the coffee bag I drink it every single day.

Do they roast all of it at once because I have heard you should only roast what you can use in a week? Now I have no idea I'm just parroting what I heard.

Anyways glad I stopped in to see the coffee harvest and glad the camera worked for the pics.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family if I don't get back to the thread before then. Maybe you can cook up one of those huge flightless birds on the island we call them turkeys over here heheheeh.

growinman

:tiphat:Hey there, masa('BadDog')! Three nights of reading after dinner, and instead of the ole tv, I 've caught up on this most excellent thread!! I feel like 'I' have accomplished something, lol. I must say this is much better than could be made into a book, imho. With the interaction(question/answer) and pics, ther is not much to compare this to!!

Thank you so much for such a great read, something to look forward to as well.....:thank you:
You are a very fortunate man!

peace
gman

S

SeaMaiden

Tamworth, I can't say how they do it in 'the ville', but green coffee beans, unroasted, can remain fresh for a couple of years if stored properly (dark, cool). Roasted beans, for quality, have about a 2 week shelf life.

Barbanegra

damn you guys make me wanna try some high end artisanal coffee. most coffee around is disgusting shite (i think here of the perpetual office coffee mostly). tasty coffee makes me shake and sweat. i'm a lightweight. i have a coffee tree in my bedroom. last year it bore a couple fruits... but i lost them somewhere. wasn't enough for an espresso i guess. damn mealybugs like that tree.

anyway: I'm rolling one to smoke with you capt'n! we'll get stoned properly. friday here. winter is coming. but nice and dry. hope it stays that way. last weekend i've found a treasure: a mountain of horse shit with aprox 50% red compost worms! this weekend i'll relocate a dozen wheelbarrows of them into my new garden :D

cheers :smoke:

masamaaso

Veteran
i ment this bro.

“sir you obliviously have a means of support and the information you gave us checked out with the VA,,,, then he goes into saying that there were a lot of help groups and organizations for men who turn to drugs and alcohol and how self destruction was not a path to take,, bla bla bla,, bla bla bla,,,,,,,, As I was eyeballing the 2 questioning to myself why I couldnt get 2 hottie nurses I faded him out and it hit me,,,
I just traveled 2 days over an island mountain, 3 days on a shitty little fishing boat and 21 hours on 2 planes.
I HADN’T HAD A BATH IN A WEEK and I guess I did look a bit worn, and I’m gonna go ahead and say yea,,, I’m sure I smelled a bit. When the doc paused to see if I was listening to him (I wasn’t) I pointed and asked what the 2 nurses were for?, he says there here to clean you up and give you a bath,,, DUUUUUH…………
He motioned for them to get started and I told him to wait a minute,
I told him where I just came from, and what I had to do to get there,,,, He walked away giving me the same look the Docs at Bethesda give ya when they think your hiding something from them.

I want to know how it ended...

Ah,,Gotcha.
Got clean up except for a shave and all dolled up in a hospital gown they wheeled me to get an x-ray, Oh and by now Ive been injected with something thats got the foot to stop "thumpin".
X-ray done back in the ER,put on hold I see a young guy slinging a mop across the floors, young statrer Rasta,, got his lil short dreds going on,, Ipod in his ears and a marley t-shirt under his white hospital shirt. Didnt pay him or anyone else much attention really I was loking for the Doc who finally showed up with another doc and an x-ray, they first asked what happened, so I gave um the readers digest version.
He then showed me the foto of my foot.
The foot peg on the bike went into my foot and seperated 2 bones and I was gonna need surgery for that and to reattach the tendens and torn tissue but they said theyve seen worse and it should be a simple procedure,, which it was, I was awake watching,,,, but not for a few days, the swelling was going down but slowly and the color got a bit lighter, but I had to wait 4 days before they went after the foot, so I sat there and waited,,,during the day I would see the Jr rasta doing his mop work in the halls and in the rooms, said sup to him few times but ats about it.
Surgery went well, with one glitch,,,there wasent enough skin left on the top of the foot to cover the wound, at the last minute they decided to graft some off my left ass cheek, which also meant waiting for another doc to come and do that.

All said and done 2 weeks later, Im standing on Walringerstrass on crutches with an old school plaster cast (I thought those were no longer used , replaced with air casts) But there I was looking at it when who walks up beside me ??? Rasta Jr...I says hey Mon,,, where can I get a real cup of coffee right now ?? he says keep going that way(pointing) theres a cafe not far,,, I says cool,,hey Mon where can I get some weed ?? He turned looked at the hospital looked at me ,,,smiled a big cheesy grin and said " you come see me" ,,,so I did ,,I took one limpy step to the left and went to see him,, he pulled out a hand ful of stuffed mini manila envelopes and said "20 each" I took 5, dried up lil green nugs in each, got me a pouch of drum and I was off to the races.(Im smoking the same lil nugs right now,,,no shit,,,there was 6 seeds in the 5 "lopes" I brought um back germed um last Feb and they were ready for pickin last month, and taste great,,musky fruity,with an after taste I cant finger yet, but very tasty..I let the trichs go to amber so its got a stony buzz that catches me gazing off at nothing, not like the Thai I grow that wakes ya up like caffine. And ya know when I was sitting in a hotel room smoking looking at the weed I said to self,,"dam wish there were more seeds in here :laughing:.. Its nice smoking and growing something different, it really is,,,,grow and smoke the same weed for years and you'll feel me..

Had to spend the next 4 weeks there to get some follow up care, thats when the doc asked me if I was serious about where I live and how I got to Vienna, still unsure if I was bullshitting him.

It left me with a bit of limp but now it evens out a gimp I caught in the right leg in a Nicaraguan whore house is 85 and for the first time in years I finally walk staright....:laughing:

masa
Awesome to hear about the coffee harvest. I like the real dark beans. Never roasted them myself but it can be done with a hot air popper like for popcorn. I would probably only have two fingers left from sneaking into the coffee bag I drink it every single day.

Do they roast all of it at once because I have heard you should only roast what you can use in a week? Now I have no idea I'm just parroting what I heard.

Anyways glad I stopped in to see the coffee harvest and glad the camera worked for the pics.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family if I don't get back to the thread before then. Maybe you can cook up one of those huge flightless birds on the island we call them turkeys over here heheheeh.

Thanks,,but the flightless bird fotos were put up by a reader in Oz not me and theres none like that here,, but we have though about getting some young turkeys to raise inside our fenced area more as pets not for food,,,they make great snake hunters, in the PI they use um to keep the ground clear and keep the snakes and other critters back

Hey there, masa('BadDog')! Three nights of reading after dinner, and instead of the ole tv, I 've caught up on this most excellent thread!! I feel like 'I' have accomplished something, lol. I must say this is much better than could be made into a book, imho. With the interaction(question/answer) and pics, ther is not much to compare this to!!

Thank you so much for such a great read, something to look forward to as well.....:thank you:
You are a very fortunate man!

peace
gman

Yer probly right if It wasent for the questions I wouldnt have shit to talk about,,,welcome aboard lad.

damn you guys make me wanna try some high end artisanal coffee. most coffee around is disgusting shite (i think here of the perpetual office coffee mostly). tasty coffee makes me shake and sweat. i'm a lightweight. i have a coffee tree in my bedroom. last year it bore a couple fruits... but i lost them somewhere. wasn't enough for an espresso i guess. damn mealybugs like that tree.

anyway: I'm rolling one to smoke with you capt'n! we'll get stoned properly. friday here. winter is coming. but nice and dry. hope it stays that way. last weekend i've found a treasure: a mountain of horse shit with aprox 50% red compost worms! this weekend i'll relocate a dozen wheelbarrows of them into my new garden

cheers :smoke:

You know who the growers are when 3-4 people come out of a crowd to talk about hourse shit and worms...
None theres something I dont see often,,,worms. Got all sorts of other things crawling round but very few worms..

Snakes,,,, we got lots of those.
I was sitting here yesterdaay morn whenI hear a small animal scream under the floor when i get out to look I see this guy with the frog high in the air running towards the fence.
Check out the size of the frog to the snakes head, during the foto shoot the frog got away but the snake was to quick and got it again about 4-5 feet away and put the bite on it. Shitty piks too, where ya see blue in the foto wasent blue on the snake,, most of um are light green to brown with a light yellowish belly,flash disorted this guys true colors.. and it was the cam the went for a swim...
Its poisonous but not deadly,,,make ya sick as hell and wish you were dead, I got hit by a small one a few years ago, dam near put me in a coma, my wifes mom took care of it,,she drip bleed my leg and packed it with some stuff that comes from inside of a conifer like tree,,it looks like glass when heated buts is resin of some kind and is highly flammable oh,,,and it smells great when burning. she packed the little holes slices with small pieces of this stuff wrapped it up and I went to sleep for 3 days,,,woke up cause I pissed myself,, went outside and felt great no leg pains no swelling no pain as I walked,,,dick,,,when I caught up with my wife I found out how long I was asleep,,,,,Annnnd that " it was the spirit of the tree that helped me sleep until the snke bite healed "

And by the way my wife called me an idiot for chasing down and snapping pikys of the snake, so if anyones concerned,,,you'll be releived to know I am under the supervision of an adult
One of us has to act our age.

I refuse to grow up,,,I may be forced to grow older,,,but I'll never grow up...:ying:

So ok what IZZZ this magic tree stuff you might be axin me right now ???

Attachments

• IMGP0152.jpg
    IMGP0152.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMGP0131.jpg
    IMGP0131.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMGP0150.jpg
    IMGP0150.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMGP0130.jpg
    IMGP0130.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 21
  • IMGP0120.jpg
    IMGP0120.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 18

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
Another stellar post, BadDog. I love reptiles/amphibians, always great to see pics of these little dudes native to your island.

I'm kinda disappointed in medical professionals who don't take a grown-ass man seriously and at his word. It is horrible they immediately make the "druggie" assumption.

anyways, glad all that crazy shit worked out.

rbdf

masamaaso

Veteran
Another stellar post, BadDog. I love reptiles/amphibians, always great to see pics of these little dudes native to your island.

I'm kinda disappointed in medical professionals who don't take a grown-ass man seriously and at his word. It is horrible they immediately make the "druggie" assumption.

anyways, glad all that crazy shit worked out.

rbdf

Yea the things that live in the trees are way cool.
We built this place under a giant mango tree so we could use the year round shade, there a few familys of lizards living in it.
And yup,,I'll sit here and watch um hunt when they come down to the lower branches, Theres a solar powered light hanging from a low branch so at night its a smogasbord of everything that flies and gives me hours of stoner entertainment.

Attachments

• IN THE YARD 002.jpg
    IN THE YARD 002.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMGP0027.jpg
    IMGP0027.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMGP0028.jpg
    IMGP0028.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IN THE YARD 001.jpg
    IN THE YARD 001.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 16

Zakito

Hola,

A little post to say you “Hello”
Nice story you have and amazing pictures ;)

And I-Man just want to say… Holy Weed can chang a lot of things ;)

Tata

bad gas

Good morning, Massamaaso.

You realize, of course, that we just keep getting deeper into your story. I've been telling most of it to my woman as we SAB [smoke a bowl] when I get home at night.

I'm really curious about something if you don't mind. Most people don't come out of a cathouse with a limp. There's got to be more to that story.

I read your posts first thing every morning with my coffee.

Have a nice day. bg

meadowman

thank you so much for the entertainment! ive spent some time on middle and east caicos in the caribbean, spearfishing is my favorite! i learned alot from the locals on middle, east was uninhabited when i was there. are they considered pot-latch dogs there? do you still watch the sunrise n set? well, im waiting for the next paragraph, again, ty...peace

S

SeaMaiden

LOVE the animal pix, masama, that's actually what I'm most interested in. In fact, it occurred to me that you could end up snapping the only known photograph in the world of an unknown species. We still have original descriptions all the time, including macrofauna.

I

Iffy-Caradoc

Welcome Masamasso,
Looking forward to your future posts man.
Stay safe

masamaaso

Veteran
I'm really curious about something if you don't mind. Most people don't come out of a cathouse with a limp. There's got to be more to that story.
Have a nice day. bg

Limp what ? funny i was wondering the same thing .

Oh you betcha theres more to it,but I'll just give ya the short and curlys.
Me and another guy were holed up in a place we wernt supposed to be,,a sweet hacienda/whorehouse on
the edge of Managua by the small lake that has some of the worlds hottest of hot bodies, we had a big room on the 2nd floor. It was our 3rd night there when a handful of local army got pissed about this and that ( I was this ,my buddy was that ) and started shooting up the place. We both grabbed what we could and did a header out the window, instead of landing all cat like in a tuck roll and run maneuver like i was kinda planning while headin for the ground I did a face plant and got up running with a broken nose half naked and no boots, by the time we got back up to where we supposed to be my feet were in bad shape,and I had a small stick stuck deep in the heel of a foot,we dug most of it out but there was still a lot in the foot,,,I had to have it removed 8 months later at Bethesda and it left me with an unnoticable except to me of course ,,Gimp in my gait

LOVE the animal pix, masama, that's actually what I'm most interested in. In fact, it occurred to me that you could end up snapping the only known photograph in the world of an unknown species. We still have original descriptions all the time, including macrofauna.

Saw something Ive never seen before last night,,,A big frog that was bright green with white spots.
It got my attention when a small animal started sreaming,,,at first I thought it was another snake and frog, instean it was frog and frog,,,the big green and I mean bright plastic green color ,, had a toad in its mouth and was eating it down Java the hut style ,,,sorta tossing it up some to get a deeper bite till the toad was gone,,it was cool,,and of course no camera in hand, but now i know to be on the look out for it again.

demasoni

Saw something Ive never seen before last night,,,A big frog that was bright green with white spots.
It got my attention when a small animal started sreaming,,,at first I thought it was another snake and frog, instean it was frog and frog,,,the big green and I mean bright plastic green color ,, had a toad in its mouth and was eating it down Java the hut style ,,,sorta tossing it up some to get a deeper bite till the toad was gone,,it was cool,,and of course no camera in hand, but now i know to be on the look out for it again.
awesome... waiting on some frog pics

S

SeaMaiden

Good Lord, the frogs there scream..? That's gotta be creepy as hell sometimes. As creepy as when rabbits scream when 'yotes got 'em.

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
I have been in tropical jungle areas at night and it is very frightening. The sounds and sights. I have had to brush off bats that were flying into my face. Try walking to your cabin after dark with a couple of city girls with that sort of thing. And in the tropics you have only 12 hours of sun, so darkness can settle on you very fast.

Thanks for the post man, you have quite a popular thread on the most popular cannabis site. Don't be surprised if your privacy is compromised as a result.

S

SeaMaiden

The only tropical jungle areas I've ever been to are all in Puerto Rico, and there are no native snakes there. Mostly coquis, a tiny little frog that's now invading Hawaii. I can't understand how there are people who don't like the sound of coquis, though.

Here, let me share the sound of coquis, and a picture of the type of snake that got me.

[YOUTUBEIF]KPuSAlgvxNM[/YOUTUBEIF]

[YOUTUBEIF]LZUOiZG84c0&feature=fvwrel[/YOUTUBEIF]

What can I say? I love nature, and am always intrigued by wildlife of all sizes, types and kinds. Sometimes, it bites me.

Attachments

• balphoto_80.jpg
    balphoto_80.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 11