What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

Satte

I'm having that problem right now Expertsetup. Ive plucked off all the pods that have opened on my AK-47 and set them in a film canister to save em. But in the process, i accidentally smashed one of the bananas and some whitish powdery substance came out. Any ideas on this? Pollen maybe?

a couple of my sacs are starting to fall off by themselves,but when i open them i see no pollen,do i have to collect them and dry them first to see the pollen?

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
In regards to getting male flowers that have little (if any) pollen, it seems this is a result of a weak CS solution (and/or not spraying enough) - it seems at least 30ppm is needed for a strong sex reversal that produces good viable pollen.

C

cheesey

ive had the clones for a week now . the purple kush are dead and 1 of the ogka and ukcheese .

i potted the clones what lived into 10cm sq pots of coco and there on a ph 5.6 ec 1.0 and looking good . i have roots out the bottoms of the pots after 1 week

heres 1 of the psychosis

heres the 1 exodus cheese

and heres the og kush (abusive cut )

the white widdow is looking a little ill but they have rooted in the pots so they should be sound . will update soon .

relief

Everyone that I've ever heard of growing from a fem seed had a problem with it turning to a hermaphradite at some point or another from varied stresses.

However you've never grown any feminized seed yourself... you feel educated enough comment on the subject at hand even though your education is hear say. Take it from someone who's grown fem seed first hand hand. I've never had a hermi...

Heres last seasons non hermi fem plants.

picture.php

picture.php

To me as a grower, there nothing more irritating than spending a month or more loving and caring for a plant, then having to rip it up because it turns out to be male. VERY frustrating... but those days are gone now.

C

cheesey

Alright granted, you showed me and that's great. But, a lot of them do hermie at one point or another. This might be no big deal to you but I figure a month and a half to get to the point where I'm ready to flower and another month or two before I see nanners is too much time for that kind of risk. Maybe it's cool for you and that's nice. Also, I don't care for the fact that they cost more than regular seeds from the same strain.

ive grown around 20 plants from fem seeds . 12 were all female and 8 were hermies BUT the 8 hermies were gh sc seeds .

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Alright granted, you showed me and that's great. But, a lot of them do hermie at one point or another.
-snip-

You say "but a lot of them do hermie" when YOU'VE NEVER MADE LET ALONE GROWN A SINGLE ONE!

My friend you've already explained (and demonstrated) you have zero experience with any of this, so why do you still feel the need to spread your lack of knowledge? It's not helpful to anybody :/

So don't worry - I won't put you in the awkward position of asking for any reasoning, science or explanation. :)

It's 2010 now - not 1990. We've come a long way, and learned a lot through trial and error.

Of course you CAN get hermies from feminised seeds, but you do realise that even regular plants can hermie? Has this stopped you using regular seed?

For the record, the only hermies i've ever grown were from regular seeds, and just about every second seed I've ever grown has been feminised. Feminised seeds have given me a 100% success rate so far. You've never grown any though, so why you're even bothering posting about your lack of experience here I have no idea.

You've presented no science, no experience, no nothing to this thread, just a sadly stubborn attitude of "I don't need them, and have never used them, so if i don't use them they're bad".

I encourage you to read my first post in this thread, which addresses the issue of why some people still stuck in the 80s believe feminised seeds turn into hermaphrodites, including an explanation of why breeders choose stress-resistant females which must be _forcibly induced_ to produce pollen via methods such as colloidal silver, due to them being stress-resistant and not having hermaphroditic tendencies to begin with. (For this reason i don't recommend using the 'Rhodelization' technique of letting an aging female hermie - not to mention it's the slowest method, as well as unreliable due to requiring the strain to have a natural hermaphroditic tendency ... not all strains will shoot bananas).

Just about every second seedbank offers feminised seeds these days ... there's obviously a reason for that, and if feminised seeds did lead to hermies so much then feminised seeds wouldn't be anywhere near as popular as they are, and people would be complaining left right and center.

Open your mind my friend. :)

Last edited:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Thankyou for clarifying your position - I needn't say any more now :)
People are smart enough to make up their own minds, especially those with actual experience, who have actually made and grown feminised seeds before :)

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
jump117,
colloidal silver is taken in through the leaves via foliar feeding and thus is essentially pumped around through the entire plant, but I don't believe too much is passed down to the root system, simply due to the nature and purpose of the root system in relation to the plant, but that's a very technical question and I don't think anybody here will be able to provide a definitive answer.

Can I ask why you're curious about this root-health aspect of it? It's an interesting question but one I've never heard anybody ask before, and usually when a plant is targeted for colloidal silver spraying it's 'game over' for that plant, so root health generally isn't of any importance :)

jump117

Veteran
PhenoMenal,
after the rich spraying on folia an amount of CS is dripping from the plant into a substrate,
since colloidal silver is known as a strong antiseptic it probably may demage or kill the roots very fast, ...or not.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Colloidal silver is simply microparticles of the element silver, electrically suspended in a solution - distilled water in our case ... it doesn't make too much of a difference if the plant absorbs it via its roots or its leaves - both work, but foliar feeding is generally much more practical for our case (reversing the sex of a female plant to induce pollen), as well as more precise in targeting specific plants without affecting others. :)

GrowersUnite

Got a bowl of good smoke but no seeds. They where like poppy seeds, and white but never grew. Plant size? saved some pollen but what should I do with it?

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
If I spray one plant, but then put it back with the rest of the ladies, will the silver that might have landed on the dirt go through the recirculating system and turn all my females into hermaphradites??? That would suck...