What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

C

cheesey

But it's just a pure silver colloid right??? If so, you're game on :) :) :)

yep pure silver colloid with ppm of 40 . the shop said they cant sell cs over 15 ppm to be taken oraly . thats why the 40ppm is named body spray .....

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
So what's all the talk that it could be dangerous smoked?

There may be no problems, but WHY would you WANT to smoke bud that is covered in silver???

Obviously silver is an element so it cant break down further, but it can still REACT which is my main concern, and I'm not a gambler.

If you spray a plant with CS just consider it a write-off -- all we're using it for is to get feminised pollen, and it's just one or so plants, so lets not take any risks! :)

voxberry

small update

small update

well, the pics are not that good, but it will have to do for now .

here is my CS FEM-male :) and my garden 3 and a half weeks into flowering .

I just hope I can make some pics with the pollen, and in the near future with the fem seeds ... ... anyway this experiment is very sweet to handle .

peace !

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Man, I'm really having trouble with my CS heirloom hawaiian clone, can't get her to show any male pods. She was sprayed 4x before going into 12/12 and 2x after, sprayed about every 3 days. The last spray, I let the generator go 16 hours and I added a bit of Dutch Master's Penetrator to the spray. She's been in 12/12 for about 12 days so far.

These clones were from a revegged mother, and mom and clones continued to throw hairs throughout veg, I'm wondering if this is why it's taking longer.

Watch, now that I've posted this, she will explode in male pollen sacs (I hope anyway!).

How long has it been taking for you guys to see balls? Anyone tried the CS on a revegged plant?

Thanks guys!

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
She was sprayed 4x before going into 12/12 and 2x after, sprayed about every 3 days
Sounds like you simply didn't giver her enough CS. They amount of times you need to spray her is in relation to the strength of your CS mixture, so if in doubt simply spray daily for 2-3 weeks

voxberry

festivus, that is the problem for sure . just spray them again every day and it will turn in 14 days ...
question : anybody tried to reveg a CS female ? :))).... and then CS it again ??! .. this would be good for some kind of cubing .... i think...

eyyo

Hey!

Ive got some CS at 10ppm...about one litre of that.
Is it high ppm enough? Can i spray straight from the bottle or should i mix it with water? Its from the farmacist.....

Thanks

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
eyyo, 10ppm might be pushing it, but your experiment and feedback would be of great value to this thread! :)
I'd recommend spraying twice a day with a good thorough soaking, for at least two weeks if the bottle lasts that long, maybe even three (but yes i'd be aiming to unload the entire bottle on the plant)
Please keep us up to date as your results unfold :)
ps. To answer your question - NO, do not mix it with water!!! simply spray as is

Last edited:

Cryoss

Hey guys I am starting up my new grow and I will be using the CS spraying on my two Auto flowering lowryder2 x ak47 seeds but first I have a few questions to see if there is anything you must do differently b/c of the lifespan of the auto flower.
If I plant both seeds at the same time would the target plant have the time to grow full seeds? Or should I plant my 2nd seed a few days after I plant the one I am spraying with the CS liquid,
Another question I had was with making the CS liquid. Does it matter how much water is in the container for when you leave the CS generator on for 7 hours with no light? Or should I just keep it to about a medium jar size? (i have seen some posts about 1 liter of water for 16 hours)

Hydrotech364

Was at my bro's yesterday and he whipped out a bottle of CS it says its 4400 ppm.I have F1 Shoreline which is C/O and wanted to make some fem seeds anyone know the ratio on the mix?May be 1400 ppm.

F

Funkhouser

Hi peeps

Just browsed thru the thread and I have a few questions

1) Once the CS is made, is it good forever. Or does the silver "fall out" eventually?

2) It was stated that the plant is basically unsmokable due to the CS leaching into the plant. What if I only reverse say, one or two branches? Is the CS still leached into the whole plant and not just the branch(es) making it no good, or is the rest of it OK to smoke?

I grow DWC

I'm going to have to give this a try on my next round

Thanks

voxberry

Funkhouser ... when you start to make your own CS you will make around 500-1000 ml, right ?
well, you can use that for a few days, and you will finish it up because you need to really soak your plant down with CS .

I have made CS a few times now, around 800 ml at a time and I finish it in a couple of days, maybe 3 (when using CS offcourse) .
But you should not have a problem with the age of the cs, however I have seen here comments on that, maybe 2 weeks is the max. time for CS to be good for using... only I think you will use it until then .

Cryoss I think you should do a little time planning before you start on the autoflowerig trip . you need about 4 weeks for a seed to grow... and I'm sure that CS and autoflowering strains is a nice combinations .

conehead

Thanks Pheno , just made a colloidal silver generator using a 9 volt battery, aligator clips & two x 1 ounce 999 silver Roo coins. Very simple. Hope to have some le femes very soon.
Do you know how long CS last for once made & is it best kept in Fridge for longer storage?.

voxberry

more on my pollination

more on my pollination

small update .
it's week 4 and I have been polinating for a few days now, a real orgy went in the room ... mostly hand polination, i really hope it works .

another 5-6 weeks should be good for the seeds and the bud to finish .
can't wait to post some pics .

I'm also curios about pollen storage, but I think it only holds for a couple of weeks in the fridge...

peace !

FarmerGreen

I'm also curios about pollen storage, but I think it only holds for a couple of weeks in the fridge...

peace !

someone somewhere round here told me it lasts quite a long time in the freezer, especially if you chuck in a couple of grains of rice to take out all moisture.

I did it, but can't really remember any details. I'm pretty sure I got seeds off some frozen pollen and was definitely older than a couple of weeks.

Pretty vague info I know. The weed obviously works