What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Does anyone have any pics of plants they grew out from seeds made using this process? Id like to see some of the results!

This is a grow from the first line of feminised seeds I ever made from colloidal silver - Cinderella 99, a strain I wanted to preserve. It was a success, and 100% of all beans I've ever grown from it have turned out female - every one also so far growing into that delicious pineapple phenotype almost as if it were an IBL

From memory I vegged her for 2-3 weeks from germination, so hardly any veg, and flowered for 55-60 days. She's a quick finisher so if you want a good yield you should veg her longer than I did, but I wasn't after quantity.

Sweet pineapple frost:
2010dxz.jpg

I don't really take photos of my plants anymore these days so i'm not sure if i've got many others

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Damn pheno that plants a beast! Do u know what breeder the cindy 99 you had came from? I been wantin ta grow some cindy for a while now but never got to ordering the seeds, but would like to have the pineapple pheno....

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
yes, it's from the GN03 Collection. From those 10 seeds (all feminised), 9 grew into pineapple phenotypes, the other one i got i'm assuming is the so-called grapefruit pheno, which had _no_ pineapple to it whatsoever (as if genetically switched off/non-existant), and much redder pistils. I prefer the pineapple pheno ... it's not overly potent and it doesn't yield that well (especially due to its very fast finish - but you can veg for longer to counter that), but it has the most delicious pineapple smell and taste to it, and a really nice uplifting high ... a good daytime smoke.

The mother i used for colloidal silver spraying was obviously a pineapple one, and yeah basically every bean from it since has been quite clone-like of its mother, hardly any variation. Perhaps this is a result of the original GN03 C99 being fairly stable, but that's pure speculation.

I used one C99 as the target for CS spraying, and manually collected her pollen and applied to a second female, resulting in about 50 or so feminised seeds - not a bad return considering the plants were so small and it was my first ever attempt with CS. I've got less than 10 left now though!

Classic Seeds

Veteran
thanks every body for getting this dialed in, i have the clips, the silver and a few rechargable 9 volts and have had the 2 part of sts for years and did not want to take a chance on hurting my pets ,also had no idea of when to spray at right time you have really perfected the proccess .now i can use my sts for van dyke prints and have all the fems i want with out worrying i have tryed some of the other ways and they are more work than i need and the best plants would never morf and the ones that morfed the seeds always made more flower the last 6 weeks of flowering this is so neat ive got some clones my son gave me to try it with that do not morf aloha phenomenal my thanks for your research and getting the ball rolling

Michmartin

Hello.

Seed are expensive so I just bought five of them.
I am going to do a micro grow and don't have a lot of height.
I want to plant one of the seeds and spray it with silver to get some more seeds. I can't have a mother plant.
Can I start growing in 12/12 or so I have to veg it first?

jonnybgod

I've been searching high and low for this exquisitely written information about making your own feminized seeds. PhenoMenal, you are a credit to this very site. THANX MUCH!!!!!!!

jonnybgod

Make your own!!!!!

Make your own!!!!!

American supermarkets must be great, I get told that everything under the sun is available to buy in them, but Im in the uk, in a very rural part of the uk, stuff like that just isn't available without a trip into the city.

If it's distilled water you can't get, just distill your own.:dunno:

C

cheesey

PSYCHOSIS S1 AND CROSSES

PSYCHOSIS S1 AND CROSSES

today is day 1 of spraying 1 psychosis clone with cs . i will carry on spraying for 2 weeks b4 i flip 12/12 then carry on to spray untill i see balls .

heres the clone after a good soaking of cs

heres what im going to hit if i get fem polen

X1 EXODUS CHEESE (FRONT RIGHT)
X2 PSYCHOSIS (BACK 2 PLANTS )
X1 OG KUSH (ABUSIVE) (MIDDLE)
PLANT FRONT LEFT IS THE SPRAYED PSYCHOSIS

jump117

Veteran
Which NPK is good for pollen production? Is it the same as for sensimillia flowering with low N and high PK or any special?

san2

Which NPK is good for pollen production? Is it the same as for sensimillia flowering with low N and high PK or any special?

Give abit higher N for seed production compared to sinsemilla.

How would a 90% silver coin work, or will a colloid of the other metals involved be produced also?

relief

Give abit higher N for seed production compared to sinsemilla.

How would a 90% silver coin work, or will a colloid of the other metals involved be produced also?

Needs to be 99.99 percent or higher as the other 10 percent will screw up everything you're trying to accomplish. Just buy a 20 dollar coin and cut it in half.

It's worth every penny when you get 100's of fem seed in return.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
I've addressed this question in the original post of this thread so see that for full details, no point me repeating myself :)

One guy from this thread recently privmsg'd me a photo of his resulting colloid - it was BLUE! Assumingly from copper reacting during the electrolysis (copper is used in fireworks to create blue). He was using distilled water but the coin he was using wasn't pure silver.

At the end of the day, silver is cheap, you don't need much, and it's easy to obtain. The same applies with distilled water. Only a fool would bother with anything else.

H

hisser

Greetings :tiphat:

Would colloidal silver work if you only spray a branch or two instead of the whole female? and how much pollen will that give? enough for 2 females? :thank you: in advance.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
hisser, I've never read of any reports of anybody just spraying one branch, but I doubt it'd work (ie. only reversing the one branch) because we're foliar feeding the plant colloidal silver microparticles, so they are absorbed by the plants leaves and distributed throughout the plant at least to some extent - as a result the whole plant should be affected. Think of it like somebody using a syringe - they only inject into their arm, but it quickly spreads through the blood stream throughout the whole body. The other issues are 1) you may not end up giving the plant a strong-enough dose to achieve the desired result, and 2) even the buds etc that you didn't spray would still have a high level of silver in them.

Last edited:
H

hisser

hisser, I've never read of any reports of anybody just spraying one branch, but I doubt it'd work (ie. only reversing the one branch) because we're foliar feeding the plant colloidal silver microparticles, so they are absorbed by the plants leaves and distributed throughout the plant at least to some extent - as a result the whole plant should be affected. Think of it like somebody using a syringe - they only inject into their arm, but it quickly spreads through the blood stream throughout the whole body. The other issues are 1) you may not end up giving the plant a strong-enough dose to achieve the desired result, and 2) even the buds etc that you didn't spray would still have a high level of silver in them.

Thanks PhenoMenal, I'm not worried about having some left for smoking on the target mother, I only have a single grow room with Auto flower strains "SOG" style, and I don't want pollen all over the place, since I have younger plants too, and pollinating them too early would be a bad idea, maybe if I build a small isolation chamber and put the future hermie in it once it shows male sacks and collect pollen that way, and go for manual pollination instead of an open one...

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Okay guys, I've concluded my first go at colodial silver, and my result would be yes, it works, but with limited results. My target girls were adequately pollenated so I should end up with about 100 seeds. My cs female developed large clusters of male pods, but few opened and none contained pollen.

The pollenation of my host girls was like when you discover you've got a rogue hermi somewhere in the garden, but you can't find it. All you find is brown pistils on your beauties that appear overnight.

I actually had a 3rd target female that was huge. I put it in with my cs female just when she (he) looked like it was going to erupt in yellow clouds of pollen. And the days passed... it was failure to launch. Not a single grain.

I'm hoping for better results with the next strain (chemdog x sd). The strain I used, a 60/40 hawaiian hybrid, is extremely STUBBORN!! It took a month to get her to start to reveg and clones took nearly as long to root. Extremely stable genetics, in this case, may not be a good thing for making cs fem beans. I am thankful that cs has helped me to maintain my hawaiian girl.

T/Y PhenoMenal! Mucho +rep to you my friend!!

Last edited:

san2

Im having quite a hard time finding silver coins for a decent price here. Btw, i live in the north of europe. Is it better the more silver surface area is in the water, for that two wires curled like twistie cfl´s would be great i guess.

j6p

Male pods, no pollen

Male pods, no pollen

Okay guys, I've concluded my first go at colodial silver, and my result would be yes, it works, but with limited results. My target girls were adequately pollenated so I should end up with about 100 seeds. My cs female developed large clusters of male pods, but few opened and none contained pollen.
Hey festivus, you might want to ensure that your CS is a good concentration, 30ppm+ (if you haven't already done so) and also try spraying the plants more frequently.

Latest posts

Latest posts