What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

Ipsissimus

bubble puppy - you have the two wires connected to the same piece of silver. This won't work! The idea is to have the current flow through the water. PhenoMenal mentioned they should be close, but not touching.

B

Bubble Puppy

oh man!!!! so they can;t be touching? Thanks ive been doing this all wrong

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
bubble puppy - you have the two wires connected to the same piece of silver. This won't work!
Ipsissimus, good catch!

Bubble Puppy, have a look at the photo in my first post of this thread, you'll see there's two alligator clips at the end of each wire, and each alligator clip is holding its own silver coin.

If you've only got 1 silver coin, no problems - just cut it in half, silver is quite malleable, especially when its pure.

Basically you want something like this, but with the coins closer together than shown in this pic:
294i690.gif

(I also recommend using an adapter rather than a battery!)

The idea is you end up with silver electrons flowing between each piece of silver, which gradually increases the ppm of silver in the water, with the end result being colloidal silver.

I think with what you're doing at the moment (both alligator clips attached to the one coin) all you'll probably end up doing is heating the coin hehe

No problems though, just cut the coin in half and start again. Good luck and have fun! :)

has anybody tried to revegg a plant after they sprayed collidal silver on it? if u have, did the plant have hermies again without spraying? or did you have to spray agian?

I

icon

will do & if it does go flat i have a whole new case (25) of 9v batteries just sitting in a cupboard waiting to be used & 6ft of 999% silver wire...lol....yup im set.

Last edited:

Ickis

Veteran
If I have two half ounce pieces of silver how much water do I need? Is there a certain amount of water needed for a certain amount of silver?

I have some outdoor plants some have just barely started to show some hairs at the ends of a few tips. Can I start to spray a branch if flowering started or is soon to start? I would love to self some of my stuff.

W

weedpureweed

I saw a csg whilst looking around on google but this one had an air stone in it, what would be the point of that?

FarmerGreen

How much liquid do you end up making in order to spray it from the end of vegging thru till flowering?

Do you just leave it sitting in the sprayer bottle, or keep making fresh batches?

Anyone had any trouble using tap water instead of distilled water?

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
FarmerGreen said:
How much liquid do you end up making in order to spray it from the end of vegging thru till flowering?

Do you just leave it sitting in the sprayer bottle, or keep making fresh batches?

Anyone had any trouble using tap water instead of distilled water?

I've got some CS in the fridge that i made a few months ago but haven't been able to use it as i've got to clear up these spider-mites first .I think(hopeing more like) it'll still work once i get around to spraying my a lemon stinky fem.I've made up 2L so i'm hopeing it's got a long shelf life.

Tap water has got impurities in it so it could easy change the chemical structure of the silver and turn it into something other than CS,so best to use distilled/ionised water to be on the safe side,you can get it at auto/car shops for topping up car batterys.

FarmerGreen

so marijuanamat do you think 2L will be enough to do the biz?

I'm just trying to figure out how much you need to actually soak the plant

I made my water and have been spraying for a week and 2 days now. Am I ok to start flowering? I heard spray 2 weeks BEFORE flowering.

steve green

FarmerGreen said:
so marijuanamat do you think 2L will be enough to do the biz?

I'm just trying to figure out how much you need to actually soak the plant
I think that 2ltr will be more the enough..gl