What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

I

icon

i sprayed 6 small plants 4 cali-o's 1 masterkush & 1 sage n sour about 6" tall. a week after i sprayed my plants they started slowly showing signs of nute lockout. everything was looking great until then & it worsened each day.i could see a thin layer of silver coating my grow medium about 2 weeks later they all were nearly dead i pulled the plant out of their pots to notice the roots were dead. i tryed flushing & transplanted them to soil to attempt to save them.ive been using coco coir with organic nutes & they were looking really healthy before i began to spray.to get down to it my conclusion was that the silver killed the roots leading to nute lockout.

has anyone else have simular probems with this????
next time i will cover my medium when i spray.

steve green

sorry to hear about that Icon.
i never experienced that but i am still very new to this myself..mabey others can comment from their experience...

I

icon

my sage n sour got a few sacks but the plant died before they were ready so it deffinatley works a friend is going to give me a cut of dj true blueberry so i got to get this right next time.

Fast_Pine

Great info here...

Say, im brewing my Coloidial silver mix right now...

What will happen if I spray some females that "just started blooming"...1-2 weeks in bloom,,,

How important is it to spray before the 12/12 period?...

steve green

Fast_Pine said:
Great info here...

Say, im brewing my Coloidial silver mix right now...

What will happen if I spray some females that "just started blooming"...1-2 weeks in bloom,,,

How important is it to spray before the 12/12 period?...

hey Fastpine- i would say it is very important.....
thats how i messed it up the first time i tried. i sprayed like a week or so into flowering..big mistake. it didnt work at all for me.
just spray like a week or two before 12/12

Last edited:

Fast_Pine

steve green said:
hey Fastpine- i would say it is very important.....
thats how i messed it up the first time i tried. i sprayed like a week or so into flowering..big mistake. it didnt work at all for me.
just spray like a week or two before 12/12

Thanks steve...

So it didnt even reverse the sex?...The fem stayed fem?...

In my regular seed projects, I like to have the target plants to have a fair ammnt of pistils on em to catch that pollen...

Were you trying to self one plant?

...If I could get it to pop balls, I figure I could polinate another fem that was as far as 3 weeks in bloom:confused:.. More seeds, right?

steve green

Fast_Pine said:
Thanks steve...

So it didnt even reverse the sex?...The fem stayed fem?...

In my regular seed projects, I like to have the target plants to have a fair ammnt of pistils on em to catch that pollen...

Were you trying to self one plant?

...If I could get it to pop balls, I figure I could polinate another fem that was as far as 3 weeks in bloom:confused:.. More seeds, right?

well when i did it wrong the first time i tried to self them and isprayed too late..the female stayed female.

the second time i used clones -and sprayed much earlier..and sure enough balls soon formed. i noticed though when the balls matured and pollen was forming that it didnt just open up and start releasing pollen everywhere like regular males would..i kinda had to carefully collect it then brush it on the rest on other females.

i will be posting the germination ratios and female ratio when i decide to test these female seeds i made. hopefully soon.

BlackSilverado

awesome thread!! thanks for the info.
I have some outdoor going, recently reversed 2 different strains with colloidial silver thanks to this great info. I made up a strong batch of CS (brewed 14 hrs with a 10v charger and sprayed my target plants only once(soaked it) about a month ago 1-2weeks before flowering. 4 days ago I looked at the plants and they have bannanas forming everywhere!
Plus I have a clone that I have been spraying just in case it didnt work. This one I started spraying everyday with cs as it was switching to flowering about 2 weeks ago, it doesnt seem to be working very good but I noticed a couple male flowers forming.
Now I have some questions for the experts.
One of the reversed plants has tons of male flowers, like I mean has completely turned male. It has a full male top but forming like female buds do, with fem hairs closer to the bottom of the plant.
The other one has a full female top and no bannanas onthe top half of the plant, with all the male flowers mixed in with female on the bottom half.
I;m going to try making fem seeds with both but would like to know others experiences making fem seed.
I have 2 target plants to pollenate.
Which plant is more likey to produce good fem seeds with its pollen?
What did yours look like when you reversed its sex?
Will the seeds that come off the "hermie" itself be any good?
thanks.
I tried uploading pics but I can't or something. says i cant have a url?

BlackSilverado

Hey fast pine, ya those were some pretty crappy pics. These pic were taken today. The male pods are still forming and ripening.
the first 3 pics is a napalese grizzly F2 from koontay mountain. there is no male pods on the top half of this one. the next three is a northern lights F2. it has pods all over it. the last one is a napalese grizz F2 that I did not use CS on.

Fast_Pine

Thanks for sharing the pics Black Silverado...Im excited to test this out..Ive been spraying two chrystal plants for the past days..
PhenoMenal said:
.....the CS causes the female to produce male flowers/pollen. Collect that pollen, and use it to pollenate another female

So is it a forsure thing that the pollen wont bust, and needs to be physicaly collected and applied to target plants?

If so..Could one simply collect some ripe pods, point a fan at the target plants and pop the pods in your fingers in the air stream, so as the pollen hits more of the pistils than when using a paint brush?..

Last edited:

FarmerGreen

So if you just sprinkled the pollen back on those buds that have got sacks, or even on the bits you said don't have any balls just buds, would it create seeds just the same as if you pollenated a different plant?

I

icon

feminized pollen is (X chromosone) meaning female only , while regular pollen has both X & Y chromosones female & male.