What's new

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

krazycure

Just another 'it works' post

Just another 'it works' post

Not that this thread needs anymore proof, but here's mine.

Setup:

1 pint water + 12v dc 800ma adapter + two 6 inch silver 99.99 wires + pump to aerate + 30 hours = 30ppm solution.

Sprayed for 5 days during dark period, set in front of fan to dry as fast as possible. DRENCHED them, underside, everywhere. 10-12 days later, this:

Huzzah! Hurray for DIY!

J

JackTheGrower

In regards to using a coin that has 10% copper, the question is ... WHY!? It might work, although the resulting colloid would assumingly have suspended copper particles as well. But pure silver is so cheap and readily available, so I wouldn't waste your time.

In regards to using colloidal silver to turn a male into a female, no it doesn't work like that sorry. Colloidal silver is an ethylene inhibitor, so you can use it to force a female to develop some male pollen, but you can't use it to force a male to become female. (Why would you anyway? You wouldn't be able to smoke the resulting silver-soaked buds)

Vegetable rights and peace

I was able to get female flowers on a Male hindu kush by having it under heat of summer sun and watered it from bone dry to soaked with a strong organic brew.
The thing was it dried out really hard between waters. The ferts and the stress did it I think. Now were those seeds any good? I don't know I was too green back then to know what I had done.

Fert stress.. Drought heat Sun.. Stress in General worked for that Kush

I remember picking up that those seeds would have been sterile but I don't know.

LOL I thought there were female and male seeds when I saw a Female symbol on seed packs for the first time at the dispensary. LOL over 10 years ago..

J

JackTheGrower

Not that this thread needs anymore proof, but here's mine.

Setup:

1 pint water + 12v dc 800ma adapter + two 6 inch silver 99.99 wires + pump to aerate + 30 hours = 30ppm solution.

Sprayed for 5 days during dark period, set in front of fan to dry as fast as possible. DRENCHED them, underside, everywhere. 10-12 days later, this:

Huzzah! Hurray for DIY!

Thanks for the post.. I have the jar, the transformer and now I will obtain two one oz .999 coins.. I have several plants here that need to be catalogued with feminized seeds. Who knows what may happen to the mothers if tragedy strikes. I want to have some backup on the genetics.
And yes it is nice to pop seeds and not worry. I crossed two strains with a known hermaphrodite strain and all those seeds were female. 6 years of crops out of them and not one hermi in the batch.
Back then I didn't know about the fuss.. I understand now but back then seeds were seeds.. That they were all female was amazing to me.. and @$20 or so for 10 (back then) I had several hundred dollars worth on hand.

Looking forward to making some CS and using it. Would I need a PPM meter? I'm an organic grower so I don't own a PPM meter.

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
Looking forward to making some CS and using it. Would I need a PPM meter? I'm an organic grower so I don't own a PPM meter.[/quote]

i made my brew without checking for ppm instead i was looking for color in water mine got yellowish and alittle grayish believe me you will notice when its in your water i seen people even use a lazer beam light to shine through the water if you see the beam in the water this means the silver is in the water but if it just goes right through then it needs more time.but coloring of water is best to tell of high consentration..i spayed two weeks before 12/12 and it worked great i used 2 silver dollar coins 999 fine silver it says it on coin and i also had it tested at a pawn shop

ok i just read the post in one sitting phew took a while......Only thread i ever seen that congratulates balls on the females lol

Ok heres my question...

if i was to train 1 single clone to 2 main branches away from each other then treat one with the CS, would the other main branch (not treated) be smokable? reason i ask is if it effects the whole plant i'm gonna run short of smokable weed :(

krazycure

scotty: silver will be absorbed just like a foliar feed and travel throughout the plant. Your plan won't work. I've yet to see anyone say you couldn't vaporize but.. idk. It's pretty much accepted that CS'd plants are throw-away except for the pollen.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
krazy hit the nail on the head - the plant absorbs the silver via foliar feeding (we just spray it on the leaves). This is why it must be electrically suspended microparticles so that the silver is fine enough to be absorbed by the plant. And as with anything that is absorbed, it's sent through the whole plant system so even if you only spray half of your plant you'll end up with silver throughout. (ie. Do not smoke)

FarmerGreen you made an interesting suggestion of making oil/BHO etc out of it instead ... i guess the only question with that is does the process remove all the silver? (I've got no idea either way but to hazard a guess I'd say no it wouldn't!)

FarmerGreen

pheno, I don't know for sure but I'm sure silver in that small a dose would be fine to consume considering it's sold for consumption anyway.

Maybe smoking it would be worse than swallowing it, so swallow it

who could say?

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
FarmerGreen, it is a very interesting question! :)

In small doses I can't see why there'd be any problem, especially as it is a natural element, and some people even intentionally orally consume it as a colloidal drink, but I've no experience with the effects of smoking silver (or what chemical reactions happen when you burn it) so I won't go there :)

But my perspective is -
1) why take any risks, and
2) why would you want to smoke bud that was infused with anything that isn't natural ? I just want to smoke cannabinoids, not silver! :)

Last edited:

voxberry

my update

my update

hello all you people and Happy New Year !

I'm already happy for the new year as my CS esperiment is going GREAT ! can't wait until I get my hands on the actual fem seeds to test them out :) .

Here is my CS setup (999 silver and DS water), and I will be back with the MALE POLLEN FLOWERS pics as well... the male flowers showed up after 14 days of spraying with CS .

It worked great ! at first I could only see female flowers everywhere and I was a little sceptical .. but after a few days, the male flowers appered .

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
It worked great ! at first I could only see female flowers everywhere and I was a little sceptical .. but after a few days, the male flowers appered
*smile*

It still amuses me (but I can't blame them!) that people are a little sceptical about it, even after all these years and all these posts from other peoples success ... it just seems too easy! ... but that's because it is! :)

The science is there and although it's still relatively new to the general cannabis community (two years ago there were only a three or so companies offering feminised seeds) it's actually been used for many decades (see the Indian university paper refered to in the first post), but I guess it's not until you've used it yourself that you realise just how easy - and real - it is :)

Last edited:

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Guys, I don't think we really realize the implications of c.s. This very thread proves undoubtably that c.s. will induce a female plant to produce male pollen. This means that any female clone can produce female seeds, without stressing the plant.
This means the end of "clone only" strains.

I see Pure G-13 & Pure Trainwreck seeds and others hitting the market soon:)

Last edited:
Guys, I don't think we really realize the implications of c.s. This very thread proves undoubtably that c.s. will induce a female plant to produce male pollen. This means that any female clone can produce female seeds, without stressing the plant.

I was wondering why everybody hadent figured that out yet :)

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
Ohh this is good! I happen to have 5 99.9999 pure silver 1 oz coins. With some work a guy could have a "backup catalog" inside of a year of all the strains they have access to.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran

I know what you mean but it's definitely not the END of clone-only strains ... there are many clone-only strains I'd like to get my hands onto but can't. Feminising techniques have been around for a while now, but there's still a lot of clone-only strains, most of which have never been feminised (or at least made available that way).

But yes, using these tricks we CAN create feminised seeds from practically any clone-only mother to keep its progeny alive ... but it's still up to people to DISTRIBUTE them :)

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What I mean is that with coloidal silver, there's no reason for any strain to be clone-only. C.S. is and will simplify how cannabis is propigated, and IMO in the end will be the single greatest contributor to the overgrow movement.

It's effect on seed vendor's sales could be another matter entirely. It may spike sales in the beginning (to aquire the "mother" genetics)
but could result in reduced sales as peeps begin to make their own seed (sorry G.N.)

Yes, we could always make our own standard and feminized seeds from purchased seeds, but the simplicity and low cost of the c.s. method (and the reduced stress factor for the plants) will make it hugely popular. I wouldn't doubt it if the majority of fem beans offered now are the result of c.s., rather than G.A.

Just my .02

Last edited:
U

ureapwhatusow

it only works on live plants

Latest posts

Latest posts