What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

♥Mo♥

Why not just use light poisoning? I guess i dont understand why one would wana use silver when light poisoning will work just as well?

King, the whole ides of using the CS is to "selectively" reverse a "branch" or two on the female plant, not cause the entire plant to hermie which is what normally will happen when using light interruption/poisoning.:joint:

BlackSilverado

yes shafty, got some going right now and 10 out of 10 are 100% females.
very good method to make fem seed. the only problem i had was the hermie pollen did not work very well, had to pollinate another female with the pollen everyday for a week and still off all the male flowers i could only successfully impregnate 54 pistils. but it has been kick ass cuz i have not grown a male this year!!!

conehead

Kool NPK thanks for taking the time to answer. I missed the boat this time as far as making fem seeds,as my crop is in week 7 of flower. Skunk-widow-celtic hash are my three I chose to test run, found 1 killer pheno literally dripping in resin glands, its a keeper. However I did make a CS generator & am ready for any future grows. I will post a diary of this grow in the not to distant future.

dlusion

Fucking shit, mate! Great guide, I wish I had known about this before growing for four months straight and getting ALL FUCKING MALES.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Great to hear everybodys stories, and awesome to see the photos of the homemade CS generators with alligator clips :) (it's so easy to make its almost ridiculous isn't it?) :)

But there still seems to be a lot of latecomers to this thread asking "does it work?", so I'll repeat - yes it works! I've grown over 30 feminised Cinderella99 seeds so far with 100% female ratio, each almost clone-like. If you read through the thread you'll see several other people who it has worked for also. I didn't invent colloidal silver feminisation, it's a technique that has been known to work for quite some time.

There are other feminisation methods including STS (silver theosulphate), Gibberellic Acid, light poisoning, but colloidal silver i think is possibly the best option, in so many respects. It's cheap to make your own, it's non-toxic, you can spray just particular branches, you dont have to physically move the plants around if you would for light poisoning, etc etc etc.

I'm now about to try to create some feminised Sour Diesel, but I'm actually going to wait until the plants start showing their sex (so a week or so into flowering) before i start applying CS, as a bit of an experiment. This is obviously a bit later than recommended, but we'll see ... my feeling is that it'll simply require the plant to grow an extra week or two to obtain the same desired result (thats the disadvantage), but it would prove that the grower could wait until the sex of the plant is known before applying CS (there's the advantage).

I

icon

Ide like to add some of my experiences with this method:

I did some experimenting & sprayed a plant 2 weeks into flowering a total of 5 times with a brew i made with only 6 oz of water brewed for 22hours & it worked balls formed everywere. Also sprayed a sadhu got tons of balls but no pistils & the pollen was sterile.
recently sprayed a blueberry & got no balls at all. Makes me think if maybe it works only on certain strains? including viable pollen OR were did i go wrong?
The silver wire melted into the water & it turned yellowish silver so it obviously was brewing.
But i have been successful with making white widow, blueberry x c99 & mandala#1 seeds. So far for the most part it works very well.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Make sure you use freshly-created colloidal silver, never use old batches. And spraying just 5 times over 2 weeks may not be enough, genenerally i'd spray every day for about 2-3 weeks until you start seeing the pollen balls

BlackSilverado

just thought Id bring some color to the thread with some fem seed buddah.
Last fall I read this and made a "cs generator", such a fancy name for such a simple setup.lol big thanks to pheno metal for starting the thread.
anywayz alot of the pollen was sterile but still managed to get some very stable clone like fem seed out of it.
This is a test grow of it on day 50. vegged for 4 weeks , topped at 3 weeks.
as you can see 10 plants all from the homemade fem seed are almost clone like.
also i have not found one single bannana on these. enjoy.

GeD

hello i just received ~ 1 FT .999 Pure US Fine Silver 22 Gauge Round Wire is this alright to use? it looks so skinny to the others pure silver on this thred

cheesey i read 10 - 15 ppm is the goal

C

cheesey

hello i just received ~ 1 FT .999 Pure US Fine Silver 22 Gauge Round Wire is this alright to use? it looks so skinny to the others pure silver on this thred

cheesey i read 10 - 15 ppm is the goal

so would 30ppm be too strong ? ive seen some 20ppm and 30ppm for sale

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
I'm only guessing but I don't think you could ever have colloidal silver that was too STRONG in regards to being used for reversing plant sex. It's when the CS solution is too WEAK that you'll have problems getting results :)

Over 40,000 views in this thread now eheh ... it gives me warm fuzzies thinking that i've helped others make feminised seeds from their own homemade colloidal silver, simply by showing how easy it is :)

M

MicroGrow420

wow thanks for this thread.. if this works it could change marijuana growing forever. I have some plants growing indoors under 250w hps, doing 12/12 from seed. they are like 2 weeks old now but they are just some bagseeds b/c m unemployed and cant afford to buy any
strains. I plan on building a cs generator and using this method on my plants but i dont know the sex of my plants ahead of time. Hopefully it will only make the females produce male bananas, and not make the males produce pistils.

A

Aerokush101

Is it easy to find one of these machines throughout the city or in Eckerd, CVS, or Walmart. Where do I buy one? I hope this wasn't asked before, if it was then I have 22 pages to read....

***Update***

Okay, be reading, I will try to pick up a 9v charger from Walmart. The 2 coins are up for grabs, PAWN SHOPS, here I come....

Let's see...

1. Purple Kush Menthol X So.Cal Master Kush
2. Pre98 Bubba X So.Cal Master Kush
3. So.Cal Masterkush S1's
4. LA Pure Kush X So.Cal. Master Kush
1 Plant going homo on the Kush line...

2fast4u2

GREAT THREAD GUYS!

Couple of questions.

Are you guys seeing any hermies from your Femmed seeds produced with CS?

Also, can you buy premade colloidal silver at 30ppm??? thanks

2fast