What's new

(WWxNL)(Grapefruit Krush)(Super Sour OG)8.1"W x 26.5"H x 18.6"D PC Case Journal/Pics

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
this is a very nice setup dude. ur ladie looks nice too.
deff wanna see them flowers when there in full force.

Update Day 6 12/12

Update Day 6 12/12

Update Day 6 12/12

Another day, another buttload of growth! The left plant is ahead of the game as the right plant is just now showing preflowers(she had some a couple weeks ago but they fell off after being transplanted outside.

They are definitely happy. Im just hoping these containers were a fair size for this case. Had i known id be down to 2 plants i'd have possibly gotten the next size up from these 5x5x6.5's.

thanks cheezebud. Nice scrog btw.

Attachments

• IMG_4580.jpg
    IMG_4580.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4578.jpg
    IMG_4578.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 17
Update Day 11 of 12/12

Update Day 11 of 12/12

Update Day 11 of 12/12

Good to see you checkin back in Harold! Things are about to get interesting. Trichomes should become visible within the week. Im curious as to how much more these will stretch, ive got plenty of room.
E24: haha, yup, they are tied down now, nice and even.

The light strip actually fell onto the plants the other night for a couple hours while i was getting baked in the living room. I had to clip a few tops off unfortunately cause they were crispy. Im going to add a few more magnets to secure the strip. Anyone that buys a case that has a power strip secured with magnets needs to make sure they have plenty of extras.
Still no smell and my plug in hamilton air filter should be enough for quite a while longer. haha
note: 2 bulbs removed and strip moved up for pictures

Attachments

• IMG_4582.jpg
    IMG_4582.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4584.jpg
    IMG_4584.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 17
  • kc bt10 pic1
    kc bt10 pic1
    88.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4590.jpg
    IMG_4590.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 19
Update Day 13 of 12/12

Update Day 13 of 12/12

Update Day 13 of 12/12 (almost 2 weeks)

Just a little more progress, definitely some stretch still. im watching that main shoot run up the left side. might have to pull it down a bit more soon.
The first trichomes were spotted last night on a few of the leaves on the lower nodes. im excited for to watch these fatten up.
MJ plants are the only type of girls that i prefer get fat. :) I prefer both get sticky!

Attachments

• IMG_4600.jpg
    IMG_4600.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4598.jpg
    IMG_4598.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4596.jpg
    IMG_4596.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4593.jpg
    IMG_4593.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 12

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Wow lazer thouse ladies r looking great as ever. so what kind of flower ferts r u useing?
and r these agood strain or from bagseed?

Thanks kw. Check back in soon as i see the trichomes are spreading and things should get frosty in then next 10 days :)

Cheesebud: i am using only advanced nutrients bloom formula for flowering specific nutes. I will be adding a carb booster or some type of flower enhancer soon. These are nirvanas Chrystal strain, northern lights crossed with white widow.

Update Day 19 of 12/12

Update Day 19 of 12/12

Update Day 19 of 12/12

These pics are taken from last night. Almost three weeks of 12/12. monday will be 3!

The ladies are doing well and tonight im going to start feeding them a little more.

Disregard the post above, the stupid post editor wouldnt submit my changes. I had originally hit the submit post button while uploading photos. The edited info wouldnt submit so i gave up...

Update Day 19 of 12/12

These pics are taken from last night. Almost three weeks of 12/12. monday will be 3 weeks!

The ladies are doing well and tonight im going to start feeding them a little more. Trichomes are now more noticeable from a top view. I think im going to wait until week 4 to cut off fan leaves that are shading growth. ive been gradually removing leaves but i think ill do a little more thorough of a job seeing how closely these tops are packed in there. Like sardines!

Attachments

• IMG_4614.jpg
    IMG_4614.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4608.jpg
    IMG_4608.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4615.jpg
    IMG_4615.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4611.jpg
    IMG_4611.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4606.jpg
    IMG_4606.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4605.jpg
    IMG_4605.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4601.jpg
    IMG_4601.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 17

Desert Dan

Veteran
Hey Laser

Awesome grow. Is that a mrgrowpro pc case? If so, is it light tight? How is the smell?

hey dan, this is a mrgrowpro case. The size of this case is the seller. It isnt 100% light tight. Youll most likely need some reflective tape for inside and a couple long magnet strips for the leaks that are still there on the outside. As my case sits there is only a very dim light coming from the exhuast fan area, and being that its in my closet its not noticeable enough.
There was smell in veg with the SSOG and the grapefruit krush, but now that its only chrystal, SO FAR, :) theres no smell. At all!

Desert Dan

Veteran
So would you reccomend the case or are there better pre-fabs? Also, do u think it would be possible to make it completely light tight and smell-proof with a few mods?

Dan: This case is the best pc system you'll find for under $500. And even better than some of the more expensive ones when it comes to discretion. So yea, I recommend this case.
I am growing in a 50/50mix of FF ocean forest and peat moss/vermiculite/lime medium. Soil is the surefire way to get the job done with the least hassle. With a mix like this all i have to do is feed them with light to moderate doses of nutes and monitor/slightly adjust ph.
Making this case light proof will take some work. Buy a roll of black electrical tape, a roll of reflective tape and a roll of magnetic stripping and you can at least get it 95% light proof. Your going to hear the fans running because they had to be strong enough to move a sufficient amount of air(mostly out of the case). If you read back youll see that i installed a quieter fan in mine. with 92 watts of cfs inside this case, its actually a LOT of light to keep from getting out.
As far as smell goes, i definitely would pick a strain that is known for low smell. Odor masking can be done fairly easily. Im in week 3 of flowering and i have no smell to worry about still. I use a plug in filter that uses a carbon filter. It is placed right in front of the case. You can buy odor eliminator bags that you can place around the area also. I havent the need for those yet.

Air circulation is key to plant healthyness, stagnant air for a whole lights off cycle is not a good thing. I have 2 cords coming out of the case. One powers the strip of bulbs and the round desk fan which is all running during the lights on cycle. The other is constant 24 hour power for the 3 pc fans.

Desert Dan

Veteran
Thanks for all the info Lazer... Keep up the good work on this grow. I hope you get a nice pull of nugs outa that case.

DD

Desert Dan

Veteran
Sorry to bug ya again Lazer, but im thinking about getting one of these cases. How many red party cups can you fit in this thing? 20oz bottles? If I get one I wanna SOG in it... That would be awesome!!! Personal Perpetual

One key method to growing in this case is utilizing it's height. I would guess that 6 (tall) dixie plastic party cups would fit in there. The cups dont have to be super wide, but try to find extra tall cups. Dont use anything transparent, the roots will hate you.
I like the idea of a perpetual case because once you rotate the first batch into a 12/12 cycle the lights stay at 12/12 and during a lights out cycle there is much less to worry about. Id say veg out your initial plants for 2-3 weeks then flip to 12/12 and start adding seedlings, 2 at a time every ~3 weeks or something. Unless your wanting to grow autos :p then youll have to use a longer light cycle.
i might try out perpetual after i harvest this crop in about 6 weeks. Scrog is really effective but theres quite a bit of veg time to get things set up.

Update Day 24 of 12/12

Update Day 24 of 12/12

Update Day 24 of 12/12

Look at these girls showing off glitter. :)
I have noticed a faint odor in the past 24 hours. Im going to run the filter more often and probably do a little more smell prevention this week.

After an overnight feed the next night the plants have noticeably more trichomes. I see a lot of similarities with the left plant and the outperforming widow from my last grow. I think im going to be impressed by this one. The plant on the right is not a good pheno most likely. I wish the ssog was in here

Attachments

• IMG_4621.jpg
    IMG_4621.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4623.jpg
    IMG_4623.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_4624.jpg
    IMG_4624.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4627.jpg
    IMG_4627.jpg