What's new

(WWxNL)(Grapefruit Krush)(Super Sour OG)8.1"W x 26.5"H x 18.6"D PC Case Journal/Pics

(WWxNL)(Grapefruit Krush)(Super Sour OG)8.1"W x 26.5"H x 18.6"D PC Case Journal/Pics

Please go to the last page for Updates/with pics! Currently week 6 of 12/12!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=210810&page=6

Hey icmaggers! It's been a while but i'm back with a new grow op. Last time around was a 400w 3x3 which i pulled 9.75oz.

PC Case:
MrGrowPro
92watts CFL
8.1"W x 26.5"H x 18.6"D
Soil, CalMag,FoxFarm growbig, AN bloom, blackstrap molasses,
SCROG style. (I will repot when roots are ready.)

Strains: (all fem.)
Chrystal(WWx(NL)).
Grapefruit Krush.
Super Sour OG. Note: only Chrystal is being grown in the case now

The G.F. Krush seed was small and i doubted it would germinate, but it was first to pop and has grown the most so far. There are two Chrystal plants on the right. I had a freebie Syrup auto seed which refused to germinate. Today ill consider to be day 1 since all sprouts are somewhat visible on the soil surface. Closet temp is ~77. Case temp is ~80 with 2 bulbs on. I'm guessing 82-84 with all 4 bulbs. There is good circulation/air exchange.
I love to take pics so be prepared. :)
P.s. sorry for dark pics, i forgot to adjust camera settings.
The last picture is Dna Genetics Lemon Skunk that i harvested last May. This Stuff is A-Freakin-Mazing

Attachments

• IMG_4407.jpg
    IMG_4407.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4401.jpg
    IMG_4401.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4404.jpg
    IMG_4404.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4402.jpg
    IMG_4402.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4399.jpg
    IMG_4399.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 21
Hey jiff, i like to post updates with pics every 2 or 3 days. Im still tinkering witth light placement trying to keep the temps in check.. it has gotten up to 86 in there, i need to fix my ac ducting to my room; there is very little air coming from one vent, meanwhile the other rooms are much cooler. My room has been 77-80.
As expected the chrystal seedlings have now shown more vigorous growth than the other two strains but i expected that from a white widow crossed plant. True leaves are flattening out and first sets of three blades are visible. Pics to come tomorrow afternoon. :p

HaroldHood

I intend on following your grow, I am moving for my phd program in 3 months and I think I am gonna start my first grow using MrGrowPro's case. I will be living in an apartment complex so I am kinda worried about the smell.

How do you feel about the case your purchased so far?

Hey harold, ill give you a little report card for this case:
case size:A+
case light concealment:B-
case ventilation:B
case equipmennt package:B+

As with all cases, a seperate power cord should be used to keep the fans running when the timer kicks the lights off. I replaced the exhaust fan with a quieter fan, allthough it pushes less cfm's, the noise level is better, it doesn't sound like a full on jet now :) cover up the remaining light leaks with reflective tape and buy a long magntet strip to cover right side of the door seal.
the case size is what sold me on this. He includes a carbon filter pad for the exhaust, it does change the noise tone though.
For smell id set out several odor eliminator bags and a plug in air cleaner, that should help a great deal.
pic update tomorrow, finals are messing me up.

Update Day 6

Update Day 6

Update, Day 6.
I put a wireless thermometer in the case tonight. Ill keep the white one for humidity. The wireless is nice because i can check case temps without going into my closet and opening the case.
Ive been adjusting the light height to keep temps in the lower 80s. There is enough light on them and high heat will make them stretch more than having the lights a little further away.
The Chrystal plants are on the left with the most progress so far.
Fox farm grow big and calmag will be put into the mix on day 10.
I am digging the rounded leaves of the grapefruit krush and and S.S.OG. I hope they pick up the pace once they start getting fed.
Note:
Grapefruit Krush is Grapefruit X Bubba
S.S. OG is (Blueberry X Sour Diesel X emerald OG) Lost coast OG

Attachments

• IMG_4424.jpg
    IMG_4424.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4425.jpg
    IMG_4425.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 15
hey jiff, thanks. The lemon skunk was grow under a 400w in a 3x3. i pulled 50 grams from the 1 i had. It is in my top 3 favorite strains that ive tried. the smell, the taste, the high, and lemon skunk bud is stickier than almost any bud ive had. The glands are so fat that they might as well be sap. :p
This is my first pc grow but ive had a few micro grows in past. Im going to attempt to fill in the scrog screen like nobodies business!

update: Day 9

update: Day 9

Update, Day 9.

I added a glass divider in an attempt to lower case temps.... It worked. By around 2-4 degrees. right now the closet temp is 77, case temp is 80 with 3 bulbs. Only three degrees higher inside the case(at least the lower half) i should put the other thermometer above glass for a test. The glass is such a tight fit that i can use it without hangers, it rests on the top of the fan mount and lays against the left side.

Plants have shown good growth especially the Chrystals and the grapefruit krush. Tomorrow is day 10 and ill be starting a low dose of calmag and fox farm grow big. This soil and these containers dry out very fast so im having to water every day. the soil is 50%peat/50percent vermiculite,lime. Im excited to see the nutes flush deep green into the leaves and watch these plants grow more and more each day.

2nd pic-2 chrystals
3rd pic-GF krush(crappy pic i know)

Attachments

• IMG_4432.jpg
    IMG_4432.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4431.jpg
    IMG_4431.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4429.jpg
    IMG_4429.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 17
Update: Day 10

Update: Day 10

Update, Day 10.
Today i started feeding them calmag and ff grow big. considering i can water all four of these with 1 20z bottle, i only need a less than 1/4tsp of cal mag and 1/2 tsp of grow big. So the next few days should be interesting for me as the nutes get things going a little more. considering the gf krush seed seemed premature and the cotyledons are small i think there will be some stunted grow, possible all the way till finish. Its making progress and is tied with the SS OG.
I also evened out the glass a tad.
pic 2/3-Chrystal(honestly i dont care for the name)id rather call it(wwXnl) ill probably feel better about it if resin production comes on strong. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4435.jpg
    IMG_4435.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4437.jpg
    IMG_4437.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4440.jpg
    IMG_4440.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 16

HaroldHood

Looking pretty! Another question for you, does it look like the preinstalled fans are easily replaceable? I have a monster of a computer fan sitting around, probably better than the cheap ones in use.

haroldhood: thanks, they are coming along nicely for sure. I replaced the exhaust fan with a mod motor 92mm. same size, less cfm traded for lower noise level. All i had to do was cut the red and black wires and splice them together to the new fans red and black. The two intake fans are mass cool brand, not sure what size. They are smaller, and flow less cfm individually than the exhaust fan. If noise is not an issue, the included exhuast fan pushes some serious cfm.

So with the glass installed the topside temp actually gets up into the 90s, haha,oh well. The bottom stays between 80-84 depending mostly upon if i keep the closet door open or closed. Having the glass there channels the airflow from the bottom fan straight across the plants, which i like a lot.
Pic update tomorrow :)

Update Day 13

Update Day 13

Update, Day 13.

The calmag and grow big are helping things along now. the leaves are darkening up and the growth shoots are starting to open up faster by the day. The gf krush plant does have a little leaf issue, there is possible def. symptoms in the first true leaves(may be getting worked out with the nutes now in play,we'll see,its not nute burn).
Pic 3-Chrystal
Pic 4-SS OG ( look at these fat leaves)

Attachments

• IMG_4446.jpg
    IMG_4446.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4445.jpg
    IMG_4445.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4442.jpg
    IMG_4442.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4441.jpg
    IMG_4441.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 15
Update Day 16 veg

Update Day 16 veg

Update Day 16

The stems are losing their baby fat and internodal growth is pressing out quickly. The roots seem to love this soil mix, it just dries out to fast. Im hoping to find a few 5 inch wide square pots for their first and final transplant.
Note: for space reasons one plant may have to find its way outside the case. i might set it up outside. Im using a weak dose of calmag and grow big every other watering. I probably wont alter the dosage much until after transplant.
I plan on letting the tallest plant grow up to the glass, then begin to LST each plant once they make it to the glass. once ive done some lst'ing ill probably set up the scrog screen, and yes im keeping the one inch squares.

pic 3/4-Chrystal

Attachments

• IMG_4449.jpg
    IMG_4449.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4450.jpg
    IMG_4450.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4448.jpg
    IMG_4448.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4447.jpg
    IMG_4447.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 17
Update Day 18

Update Day 18

Update Day 18

Just a 2 day update. Thanks for the replies everyone.
Kipson: i like that i can transplant these containers right into the new soil. The roots grow through them very easily.

Harold: haha, im excited too, and impatient! I am ready to start scrogging some tops. After looking at my scrog screen, i think ill aim for 16-24 tops. If i can pull 2 grams per top I will be thrilled with the yeild.

Asma: thanks! the gf krush has the least branching and is the smallest plant. She might have to go outside. I hate premature seeds(even if it was a freebie).

Otherwise.. The 2 chrystal plants dont smell at this stage.
The gf krush and the SS OG are quite stinky already. I love the super fat leaves of the SS OG, she is a blueberry x sour diesel x og(og). I havent came across a grow journal of this plant but the description says she stretches a lot in flower,(dbl or triple). I kind of doubt it with such indica leaves.

pic 3/4-chrystal( i cut the growth at the single leaf node because yield from this node always sucks.
pic 5-SS OG

Attachments

• IMG_4457.jpg
    IMG_4457.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4460.jpg
    IMG_4460.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4462.jpg
    IMG_4462.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4465.jpg
    IMG_4465.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_4464.jpg
    IMG_4464.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 16
Gonna wait till tomorrow to do a pic update. Pretty sure a couple of the plants are calcium deficient on the lower leaves(spots). Guess i need to use a little more mcalmag. Otherwise growth is going pretty good, i need to find a good size container for each of these. The smmell is now noticable in my room thanks to the stinky gf krush and ssog. Time for some smell removers.

Im going to guess its the soil to blame, just a mix of peat/verm/lime, no nutrients in the mix..

Latest posts

Latest posts