What's new

WV SP 250 test/grow

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ok guys it looks like these ladies have had a rough go, especially the SLK. The Lemon Tart are gonna be beautiful pics. I've flushed and flushed these ladies. I feel today I watered the SLK again. And I'm waiting on some of the Lemon Tart to dry up some, I'll probably take a few each day for like a week until all 16 are out!!! I've been updating my albums or some indoor grows from last year, and about 1000 pics I need to go through and keep the best and delete. But I've got all my outdoor stuff that's not even really got any pics from that.

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Ok guys it looks like these ladies have had a rough go, especially the SLK. The Lemon Tart are gonna be beautiful pics. I've flushed and flushed these ladies. I feel today I watered the SLK again. And I'm waiting on some of the Lemon Tart to dry up some, I'll probably take a few each day for like a week until all 16 are out!!! I've been updating my albums or some indoor grows from last year, and about 1000 pics I need to go through and keep the best and delete. But I've got all my outdoor stuff that's not even really got any pics from that.

That sounds great. Cannot wait to see these pictures. Be safe!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's some Lemon Tart, I had one of these and a big old San Fernando Lemon kush under the SP 250. Like another member said there might be light from the other Leds hitting them. But also like I'm saying I'll move the SP 250 back to the back so it'll only get SP 250 light lol. Thats a few different Lemon Tarts from Cali Connection

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ok I had like 5 outta 8 big pretty big with these SLK, the clone didn't really have purple like the mother. But still golf ball buds everywere. The SLK is easier to trim, but one person trimming and cleaning up my flowering room, and equipment, checking outlets/extension cords and getting ready to go at it again. I'm hoping within 7-10 days I have transplanted to 5gal. I'll probably leave them Veg a few days. The Veg room is of course hi humidity, and I'll try to give the ladies a few days to get used to the nice flowering room. But I'll have a few ECSD and maybe a Chocolate Nightmare under the SP 250. I'll definitely put a ECSD under the 250, still kinda undecided what else to grow

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Hey guys that last pic in the catnip bucket was under the SP 250 good the whole time. That's the San Fernando Lemon kush or SLK I call it for short. I'll move the SP 250 for this next grow to the main back, I'll kinda keep other lights away from it. But yea these SLK have tons of nice golf ball buds, Not exactly sure which Lemon Tart, they all look identical even the mother I flowered out that grow. She had the yellow leaves and was under the 250 the whole time and another Lemon Tart kinda on the side. I can't get but about 2 big plants under it, Some strains I could get 3. I should be ready soon to start flowering again, There already in Veg waiting!!!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I wanna take a min to remember everybody in China, and worldwide who's had to live in a world with Corvid 19 and lost a family member or loved one. Black, White, Tan, Blue we all need to unite and grieve the family's with members that have passed.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Some of the SLKs had some running buddage!!! I probably flowered them a week to long but it just took awhile for them to fill in. Same with the Lemon Tart, I could've got her a few days earlier. I usually go a week longer than recommended on every strain.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Man I wished I'd had the dehumidifier during that Grapology grow, I could've let her go another wk or 2. But hopefully guys I can get everything finished cleaning and get about 15+ plants in 5gal buckets and get another large grow. I'll definitely pick the more popular strains to put up the SP 250. I figure a ECSD, and a Chocolate Nightmare maybe. Definitely I think everybody would like to see the ECSD under a 250. I gotta find something else.....I got some nice Key Lime x Dos that's from seed I've grew outdoors and they looked like indoor stuff. So I'm thinking it'll be fire inside. Heck once I get everything transplant you guys can decide what you'd like to see grew. I'll put out a list of the strains later on. Yes these plants won't be vegged under the SP 250 I'll only get to flower this time god willing. But I think that first grow proved it's easy to use this light to Veg and Flower. I'm not just BSing when I said those Bellini and Grapology where the rock hardest buds I've seen grown under any LED or maybe a room full of HPS since . I got a damn nice OGKB 2.0 that is good size and healthy I could do with a ECSD??? That would be 2 clone only strains, LEGIT 1000%. I've popped more seeds to try and clone the strains I really love, only problem there's about 10 lol. I've got keep my mothers smaller. I'm gonna rinse out my cloning machines and get all the cuts I can from the larger plants, that will also thin down the mothers some. I've got tons of cuts on several great clones, if I can get 50% rate I'll have plenty lol. Some huge mothers, at least 2 are. I've kinda thinned down the HUGE ones except for the ECSD which grows like crazy, and a clone called Sour Valley, it's a SFVBX3 x ECSD I think, I could run that also in this coming thread. I've got several nice clones and seed plants to choose from. It's doesn't matter to me because there all going to flowering, so if theres anything under the SP 250s you wanna see just let me know. I'm really excited and working my butt off trimming my recent harvest and cleaning flower room, buckets, trays, the floor and area disinfectant with bleach solution. I gotta crawl my ass under the house to run my 6in ducting for the extra exhaust fan and carbon filter, the carbon filters from Terra Bloom are great. I've been using a 8in Terra-bloom carbon filter. I've got the 8in and 6in carbon filters with Hydrofarm fans. I've also gotta intake hooked up to bring fresh air in, I've got a little 4in Vortex and Formline Supply that 6in a can bring air in when need. I've got the new Terra BLOOM fan I might use to just keep air flowing inside with the oscillating fans combined!!!!!!

yardgrazer

Hope you don't mind if I hop in with more of a technical question related to my own yet to be, but no doubt impending, problems - can't recall off hand if you've started seedlings under the SP250, but if so, did you turn down the lamp to begin and then increase, and if so, when?

Thanks!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Hope you don't mind if I hop in with more of a technical question related to my own yet to be, but no doubt impending, problems - can't recall off hand if you've started seedlings under the SP250, but if so, did you turn down the lamp to begin and then increase, and if so, when?

Thanks!

Nope I was advised from the boss to just keep it as it is. I guess it's at factory settings. It's a helluva bright lite that penetrates good, that's on my reputation I really like the SP 250, if your seedlings aren't doing well I'd put them under a fluro. But you can put them off to the side is how I do mine. Good question I've thought about turning it up, I figure it would not last as long, and it's already brite as hell. If Joy wants me to change it I guess she'll tell me. I seen the YouTube video of the guy turning it up. No lie I'd love to have a couple of these to daisy chain. If I had the money I'd get another

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
But it'll cover 2 big plants in 5gal buckets thats had long veg period. You could get 3 of a smaller strain I think!!! I'm going be getting ready to grow a few plants!!!! I'm a inside and outdoor grower, but indoors is my specialty

yardgrazer

I actually meant turning it down for young seedlings, not sure that was clear (and then turning it back up as they grow, but not to the overdrive setting, the recommended setting... I stupidly forgot to mark the spot it started at but I'll use an amp meter or something and get it dialed back in). I turned it down, but then increased it a bit after a few days (still well below where it started). There are other seedlings that will have started at the new setting. We'll see if there's any notable difference. Won't pollute your thread with the results, was just curious re your experience.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I actually meant turning it down for young seedlings, not sure that was clear (and then turning it back up as they grow, but not to the overdrive setting, the recommended setting... I stupidly forgot to mark the spot it started at but I'll use an amp meter or something and get it dialed back in). I turned it down, but then increased it a bit after a few days (still well below where it started). There are other seedlings that will have started at the new setting. We'll see if there's any notable difference. Won't pollute your thread with the results, was just curious re your experience.

Yea I wasn't even thinking just do it like, keep them from getting legging. You might wanna get a oscillating fan of something to kinda get the ballast and plants from getting to hot of course. It's probably cooler when you turn it down though, I'm not sure. I gotta thread in the INDOOR Soil section that's a good place to post anything. Feel free to post any pics or info you like!!! But I'm about a week from getting this flowering room loaded!!!

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Here's some Lemon Tart, I had one of these and a big old San Fernando Lemon kush under the SP 250. Like another member said there might be light from the other Leds hitting them. But also like I'm saying I'll move the SP 250 back to the back so it'll only get SP 250 light lol. Thats a few different Lemon Tarts from Cali Connection

She is so bushy. Nice work!!:huggg:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
I wanna take a min to remember everybody in China, and worldwide who's had to live in a world with Corvid 19 and lost a family member or loved one. Black, White, Tan, Blue we all need to unite and grieve the family's with members that have passed.

Yeah, It is really a hard time for all over the world. We human beings will get through this. :headbange

PS: To memory the people died in fighting with virus, we lowered the national flag by half and silence for three minutes in 4th of April.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Nope I was advised from the boss to just keep it as it is. I guess it's at factory settings. It's a helluva bright lite that penetrates good, that's on my reputation I really like the SP 250, if your seedlings aren't doing well I'd put them under a fluro. But you can put them off to the side is how I do mine. Good question I've thought about turning it up, I figure it would not last as long, and it's already brite as hell. If Joy wants me to change it I guess she'll tell me. I seen the YouTube video of the guy turning it up. No lie I'd love to have a couple of these to daisy chain. If I had the money I'd get another

The factory setting is about 90% of the full power. And it can be 110%. Staying 90% is beneficial to the lifespan of the light.
During seedling, the power also can be lowered down through dimmable function. :huggg: