What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WV SP 250 test/grow

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
That SP 250 really is a special light. Your plants will finish with the rock hardest buds you've ever seen. I'll get some pics back there tonight

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Got a few pics last night!!! The last 3 I got on the 14th though!!! Gonna be some nice plants I think. That Chocolate Nightmare and ECSD are definitely close too if not the biggest of there strain. The one in the corner is a little smaller. I really need to move that SP 250 a little toward the right so she gets more light. ##marshydrogrow

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Got a few pics last night!!! The last 3 I got on the 14th though!!! Gonna be some nice plants I think. That Chocolate Nightmare and ECSD are definitely close too if not the biggest of there strain. The one in the corner is a little smaller. I really need to move that SP 250 a little toward the right so she gets more light. ##marshydrogrow

:thank you: All them looks very beautiful.

THC123

Veteran
:thank you: Adding one more SP250 is a better choice. I personally like SP250 more since the better light intensity and temp control.

DO you notice any difference in performance between the sp250 and the ts3000 due to the addition of UV light? Or in other words, will be identical clones flowered under the ts3000 or sp250 show differences due to te uv addition?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DO you notice any difference in performance between the sp250 and the ts3000 due to the addition of UV light? Or in other words, will be identical clones flowered under the ts3000 or sp250 show differences due to te uv addition?
i have noticed that clones i have run dozens of time crowned faster and started producing resin quicker under the sp250

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Do you guys that's using the SP250 feel like it runs really hard buds!!! And penetrates the canopy VERY good?? What's some pros and cons only people using it please??

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Not sure does the TS,, cause I don't think the SP does. I'm not 100% on anything of if any models added UV or if he was maybe suggesting. We'll let Mars Hydro answer that one????

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I win the SP3000, I'll be buying another when they are officially released. Actually, really excited to try the SP lights. Been watching your garden with them and others and have certainly been impressed by the efficiency. :lurk:

dank.Frank

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
If I win the SP3000, I'll be buying another when they are officially released. Actually, really excited to try the SP lights. Been watching your garden with them and others and have certainly been impressed by the efficiency. :lurk:

dank.Frank

Yea I honestly would tell you the Mars Hydro SP250 would be a great tent light. Or I'm gonna have and get another 1 or 2...
.you could have some meat with 3 of these SP250s. I've got a dehumidifier and a LOT more ventilation than that first grow. But yea this 500$ light has REALLY caught old WVs eye. I think Joy said I'd be better to keep the 250s together, but that's a monster. HPS could maybe be less of a thought after everybody tries this one out!!!! And like I've said many times that spectrum is turning out absolute rock hard buds. I really need about 6, my flowering room has 20+ 5gal plants and always ends up bigger lol. But I was thinking the big 3000 could maybe be a centerpiece. I'd be lucky to afford another SP 250 Id probably get me one for my bday or xmas. Let the wife fix me up. I'm wanting some of those good outdoor security cams like at Lowe's, but there like 2 bills each. But I can't promise another SP 250 before the next grow, but after that hopefully I can upgrade and get 1 or 2 SP 250s. I couldn't really buy 2 3000s that would be around a grand. So I'm better off using the 250. And this is true, this light has been at factory settings since the first grow. So I'm not even turning mine all the way down. Mostly figured it would last longer, I need a small fan to but just blowing on the mean driver. I always kept my Hps ballast with a fan cooling each ballast. But your gonna do some magic with that big light Frank. I definitely vouch for the SP 250, it's going on the 3-4 grow and it's my best Led, I've got several other different companies Leds that have did ok, but not like the Mars Hydro SP250. Probably my Updayday 1000w and 1800ws or Xecoon lighting Smart Series 3522 is a damn bright light I REALLY love also. But It seems like it these Leds don't have that Meanwell driver or Ballast I call them, don't penetrate like the ones like Mars Hydro. Are you still waiting to get it Frank??? They packaged mine really nice at Mars Hydro. They have a reinforcement plank or 2 of wood and everything was sealed up nice. Sorry to ramble guys

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor

dank.Frank

Really. SP3000 could be better than SP250. :biggrin:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Chocolate Nightmare is short and the ECSD are the 2 larger on right

Attachments

• 20200628_235922.jpg
    20200628_235922.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20200628_235946.jpg
    20200628_235946.jpg