What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wuhan Coronavirus is an Offensive Biological Warfare Weapon

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
With all of the bullshit pulled by the idiots with their guns protesting the lock down i really don't see much of a chance to convince people to lock down again when a second wave hits.

its easy to re shut down if there really is a second wave, most will be reasonable if the numbers go in the wrong direction. its worth having open till we have to close. people would get mad if the shut down goes on while no one is dieing or getting sick.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
It really isn't surprising that people are buying into this because the layers of misinformation are thickening by the day.

This site is not a good source for separating fact from hype. Its designed to look like an academic source, its not. medrxiv.org (the source of all the links I clicked) is not an academic source, anyone can upload their study and findings. Its the same site that the anti vax people will point to for evidence.

Court ordered disclaimer on their about page:

Preprints are preliminary reports of work that have not been certified by peer review. They should not be relied on to guide clinical practice or health-related behavior and should not be reported in news media as established information.

A reputably peer reviewed source will always come from a .ac. .edu or .gov domain.

The question I have is who is behind all this health based misinformation and what is their agenda.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

yes the mortality rate studies are not peer reviewed yet. it's only happening as we speak, peer review takes a while. do you think the studies they did telling us millions will die were peer reviewed? they told us everyone would know someone who dies, was that peer reviewed?

tell me do you have any links to peer reviewed mortality of covid 19 studies? whats their percentage?

when you think about what they did to old people in some places like NY you can reduce the mortality even more as they didnt all have to die.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
well well, things really seem to be getting better, today at the press conference a reporter asked when we can get out of the emergency law back to parliamentry democracy? their answer, as fast as possible.

on the other hand we are investing in the vaccine, so they are not sure that we are over the hill.

also for the first time at one of these press confrences, they are starting to explain the expenses we have had and what it means for the pensions and the unemployment insurance, which now has billions in losses, same with the state old age pension program, i think they want to scare us in to getting back to work. and it is scary when you hear the kind of numbers they are talking about.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
its easy to re shut down if there really is a second wave, most will be reasonable if the numbers go in the wrong direction. its worth having open till we have to close. people would get mad if the shut down goes on while no one is dieing or getting sick.

people ARE still getting sick & dying. does it have to be someone you know personally before you notice? China has new outbreaks/quarantines. ditto Texas. Sweden has highest per capita deaths in world now. i guess they are SO proud of their "non-response". Virginia had highest reported infection rate on the same day they "re-opened" for business. yup, sounds smart...:biggrin:

bushed

yes the mortality rate studies are not peer reviewed yet. it's only happening as we speak, peer review takes a while. do you think the studies they did telling us millions will die were peer reviewed? they told us everyone would know someone who dies, was that peer reviewed?

tell me do you have any links to peer reviewed mortality of covid 19 studies? whats their percentage?

when you think about what they did to old people in some places like NY you can reduce the mortality even more as they didnt all have to die.

It's not that the studys are not yet peer reviewed, it's that they never will be. There not academic studies, which follow internationally guidelines attached to universities that have a reputation to uphold. I could upload a study to the med site right now claiming Corona has a 100% death rate. Would you believe it? Do you understand the difference now?

The estimates on mortality rates were just that estimates not studies. They were based on the information available at the time, If it turns out that Corona is less deadly than initial reported suggested that's a good thing, would you want to be responsible for making a call that could result in the death of millions of people? Remember the people who make these decisions are human, have you ever made a mistake?

The idea that millions would die was if the world did nothing and carried on as normal. It was based on hospitals becoming over loaded and alot of people not getting care, it's exactly what happened in Italy before lock down.

We don't have a reviewed study on mortality, we have live data tracking that is currently sitting at a 3.147% mortality rate. This is an estimate based on the data that is available it relies on transparency from the worlds government. Do you think government are more likely to under or over report on number of deaths?

Your last point about New York makes no sense, it does not aline with the rest of your beliefs, if you believe that Corona has a 0.2% mortality rate then what's the big deal around sending people back into care homes?

Just in case you are wondering about my agenda, my successful tourism business has been totally decimated by lockdown, I've gone from making between 1-2g a week to sweet fuck all. It isn't going to recover for years. Luckily we don't waste money all our buildings and assets are paid, we eat, drink and smoke of the land so we will survive.

Look, after all this it may turn out that the lockdown was a waste, we can't stay locked down for ever perhaps we are just delaying the inevitable, but is it a bad thing that government tried to save life's? One thing for sure we have certainly learnt alot of lessons that may be applied when we have an even deadlier virus.

shaggyballs

Veteran
It's not that the studys are not yet peer reviewed, it's that they never will be. There not academic studies, which follow internationally guidelines attached to universities that have a reputation to uphold. I could upload a study to the med site right now claiming Corona has a 100% death rate. Would you believe it? Do you understand the difference now?

The estimates on mortality rates were just that estimates not studies. They were based on the information available at the time, If it turns out that Corona is less deadly than initial reported suggested that's a good thing, would you want to be responsible for making a call that could result in the death of millions of people? Remember the people who make these decisions are human, have you ever made a mistake?

The idea that millions would die was if the world did nothing and carried on as normal. It was based on hospitals becoming over loaded and alot of people not getting care, it's exactly what happened in Italy before lock down.

We don't have a reviewed study on mortality, we have live data tracking that is currently sitting at a 3.147% mortality rate. This is an estimate based on the data that is available it relies on transparency from the worlds government. Do you think government are more likely to under or over report on number of deaths?

Your last point about New York makes no sense, it does not aline with the rest of your beliefs, if you believe that Corona has a 0.2% mortality rate then what's the big deal around sending people back into care homes?

Just in case you are wondering about my agenda, my successful tourism business has been totally decimated by lockdown, I've gone from making between 1-2g a week to sweet fuck all. It isn't going to recover for years. Luckily we don't waste money all our buildings and assets are paid, we eat, drink and smoke of the land so we will survive.

Look, after all this it may turn out that the lockdown was a waste, we can't stay locked down for ever perhaps we are just delaying the inevitable, but is it a bad thing that government tried to save life's? One thing for sure we have certainly learnt alot of lessons that may be applied when we have an even deadlier virus.

If you subtract the nursing home deaths and deaths caused by ventilators and other mistakes made from not knowing how to deal with sick folks properly.

Oh yea, they are falsifying the numbers too.
I posted several doctors saying they were told to put covid on every death cert.
The proof of this is here for you to see.
But
You must want to see it first.

Also studies show we have numbers common with a bad flu year.

How would you feel if later you find out you were locked down because of projected numbers?

If you look carefully past all the bullshit you will find this to be true.:tiphat:

Peace
Shag

Here is some info from another member.

How does this years influenza and pneumonia death rate compare to other years?
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...iego-has-only-had-six-pure-coronavirus-deaths

H

hard rain

If you subtract the nursing home deaths and deaths caused by ventilators and other mistakes made from not knowing how to deal with sick folks properly.

I posted several doctors saying they were told to put covid on every death cert.
But

How would you feel if later you find out you were locked down because of projected numbers?

If you look carefully past all the bullshit you will find this to be true.:tiphat:

Peace
Shag

It really is ironic that you have a definition of bigot in your sig.
People post up good science and you ignore it. Somehow you know better than people that actually spend years studying this.

Btw, what are your qualifications that give you such insight? Or did you learn it from youtube?

shaggyballs

Veteran
It really is ironic that you have a definition of bigot in your sig.
People post up good science and you ignore it. Somehow you know better than people that actually spend years studying this.

Btw, what are your qualifications that give you such insight? Or did you learn it from youtube?

I support free thinking, I highly suggest it.
What I do not support is blindly following someone like you seem to suggest here.

You say it is good science.
Well let us debate that fact piece by piece.

Start with the part of my statement that stands out as the most outrageous and we will go from there.

But let us do it as men.
Not as children on the playground.
I have no time for that.:tiphat:

1 issue at a time please.:thank you:

bushed

But

Peace
Shag

Subtract the nursing home deaths? With a virus that mostly effect the elderly? What the actual fuck are you talking about, have you heard yourself have you stopped to think for a single second? Or are you just an ignorant sheep who can't think a single thought for yourself. You spout absolutely shite like this then get butt hurt that no one takes you seriously.

If I was locked down and lost my buisness because of projected numbers that didn't come to happen? I would be happy that less people have died a horrible death. I think that's the fundamental difference between us I can see past the end of my own nose.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
picture.php

bushed

Hold on, I'm genuinely interested,

What I believe: Corona virus is a highly contagious virus that is fatal to the elderly and people with pre existing conditions. There is a chance that the mortality rate was over estimated but I feel it pays to be cautious when the wrong call could make you directly responsible for 10's of millions of life's. Countries that have listened to the advice of experts have suffered significantly less deaths than countries that have not.

Please humour me what exactly do you believe? No questions, please spell it out shaggy.

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
This virus affects also younger people with no medical problems.Some are ill for weeks and this virus comes up and down.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

But

Peace
Shag

Uh.. I'll let you know once my 20/20 hindsight vision kicks in.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran

gaiusmarius said:
i understand what you are saying, but you are missing the point. testing has been rare, very few people actuallly got tested. so any mortality rate based on a positive diagnosis from testing is naturally missing all the un tested and unsymptomatic cases

gaius said:
the point is they were wrong about millions of dead, not saying it was wrong to close things down at that time, but now we know the situation much better and know how to treat this thing much better. we also have the numbers going down. any place where the deaths are going down clearly for weeks, infections going down, should open back up.

they said we must flatten the curve, then the curve was flattened and they did nothing, they said hospitals would be overwhelmed, they were not but still lock down goes on, even while hopitals are being closed down again.

you can't even imagine what will happen to us average humans quality of life, if this lock down goes on and on waiting for a second wave. the cost in lives will be much greater when it all catches up.

as for the elderly you are playing with words. we know they are the most vulnerable to death from this, so putting sick people back into those facilities was manslaughter. you will be seeing the legal cases piling up soon.

so yeah not against the lock down back at the start, but am against this idea of staying closed till there is a vaccine. luckily i live in a well run nation and here life is very much coming back. we actually protected our old people, we didnt bring sick people into their care facilities.

actually the elderly were recently released from staying home too. hugged my mum for the first time since it all started yesterday. although i think she misunderstood, we are still not supposed to hug. but folks are out and about and 95% are without masks. if there is to be a flare up here in Switzerland it will happen v soon.

we need a peer reviewed cerology study that everyone accepts? why has it not been done? why are the studies being quoted by coumo if they are worthless? even the governments adviser on the medical scientific side of this issue Daniel Koch was quoting one of those cerology studies to extraloplate the mortality rate. any mortality rate calcûlated purely by testing results will obviously make things look much worse then it is for the individual catching this.

pinkus

Veteran
^^^not going over your whole post, but people quote bad science because of several reasons; they could be misrepresenting things to "make points", they might not understand why things need peer review, they might be following the advice of a speech writer, etc...

shaggyballs

Veteran
Subtract the nursing home deaths? With a virus that mostly effect the elderly? What the actual fuck are you talking about, have you heard yourself have you stopped to think for a single second? Or are you just an ignorant sheep who can't think a single thought for yourself. You spout absolutely shite like this then get butt hurt that no one takes you seriously.

What the actual fuck I am talking about is....
They sent positive cases back to the nursing homes to infect more people increasing the numbers.

So you see you are the sheep who can't think a single thought for yourself. You spout absolutely shite like this then get butt hurt that no one takes you seriously.

If I was locked down and lost my buisness because of projected numbers that didn't come to happen? I would be happy that less people have died a horrible death. I think that's the fundamental difference between us I can see past the end of my own nose.

It would seem your last statement is not correct.
You don't not seem to be able to see past the end of your own nose.
Get the facts before insulting me, that would be the manly thing to do.

I know you disagree with me
But
Why all the personal attacks?
Why debate like childish school yard kids?
Why is it so hard to debate like men?
What do the personal attacks provide you with?
Why do you do it?

Can we debate like men from here on out?

shaggyballs

Veteran
Hold on, I'm genuinely interested,

What I believe: Corona virus is a highly contagious virus that is fatal to the elderly and people with pre existing conditions. There is a chance that the mortality rate was over estimated but I feel it pays to be cautious when the wrong call could make you directly responsible for 10's of millions of life's. Countries that have listened to the advice of experts have suffered significantly less deaths than countries that have not.

Please humour me what exactly do you believe? No questions, please spell it out shaggy.

What I believe is.....

I do not have enough information to properly asses the current situation.
Why?
Way too many lies.

I do ask....

Why all the lies about covid -19?

I had a whole thread with facts on all the lies.
It would have kept thing better organized.
But it was binned.
So the information is out there already you may have to dig for it.

I believe there are.....
Fake death numbers.
Fake testing lines.
Fake test results.

I have provide more than one source for my thoughts on all three.
Lets start there...

I have provided proof to back my statement on the three fakes.
Are you still looking down your nose?