What's new

WTF is w/feminized genetics,

yeah, and it turns their skin blue over time. no shit, google it.
agryria is only caused when improperly made cs is ingested which is the wrong form and particle size. silver has been used by humans for thousands of years internally or externally for its anti bacterial and anti fungal properties its very safe. it fell out of favor in the medical industry when antibiotics became readily available. im testing it as a possible root rot and other fungal/bacterial disease treatment. as for fems im begining to collect fem pollen from a reversed lemon larry og kush and a blue dream i will make s-1's as well as clone only fem crosses with those two.

J

JackTheGrower

agryria is only caused when improperly made cs is ingested which is the wrong form and particle size. silver has been used by humans for thousands of years internally or externally for its anti bacterial and anti fungal properties its very safe. it fell out of favor in the medical industry when antibiotics became readily available. im testing it as a possible root rot and other fungal/bacterial disease treatment. as for fems im begining to collect fem pollen from a reversed lemon larry og kush and a blue dream i will make s-1's as well as clone only fem crosses with those two.

How is that blue dream.. I have heard about it.. But never had any..

KharmaGirl

~Resident Puck Bunny~
Veteran
FYI since the gestapo has now banned him, he has bred winning strains, he got most of us onto selfing, he is one person who should be allowed to comment on this more than the rest... but they ban him !!! well done...

First, I apologize for not responding to your second message this morning, I logged off right after I sent my message.

Now, consider this your official warning. Your attitude the past little bit is a bit overboard and mean spirited. Any future comments like the above will be deleted and if things don't change you could be banned.

MaryWannaJ

in what way.. I'm not knowing... I hear it's a nice escape.

oh, yikes, it's been a while, I might have to ask some friends who had more of it than I did. If you're really interested in knowing, send me a message so I can remember to get back to you.
It was the better of the strains I had earlier this year, without a doubt.

J

JackTheGrower

New grower in California USA. I started with fem seeds and it turned out ok, saving the work of sexing. But my La con is limited to only two phenos. So is this common with fem seeds? limitation of variety in genetics?

Just did my first proper cross and I had a male and used a feminized as the MUM..

I had 4 different female plants with a range of traits.

So far I have used feminized with a male form another strain and had a spread of traits in 4 different mums.

So if it turns out for you like it did for me you may have the foundation of new strains that are very different.

How is that blue dream.. I have heard about it.. But never had any..
blue dream is a popular sativa dom strain going around california it is a dj short blueberry crossed to an unknown haze. its lineage does not do it justice its a great strain tastes good yields well resists stress and has a nice uppity high one of my favorites and i have grown many great strains.

OVERMAN

femmed beans have there use and that is for people throwing out plants outdoors without having to sex them at home or dig twice as many holes. If the breeders do it correctly with sexually stable plants and not hermies they should be stable fems but I wouldnt breed or clone them..

ecxtky

I have gotten the Blue Dream at my collective, is amazing when grown well. The taste is absolutely fruit and sweet. Effect is sativa, but it must be a hybrid because it has an indica ending.
I have asked different collectives and they don't know what the genetics are.
That would be an interesting breed, blue tikal... tikal dream...

Last edited by a moderator:

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
Its pretty simple Kopite ... if your a elitist living in a area with extreme genetics everywhere you look and maybe even legal access then its alot easier to make a comment like that. I dont happen to be in his world and hes not in my world. I guess he can hop on a plane walk into china and pick up some landraces that might be offered at the bou/bay but most of us arent that stupid. We trust the experiences of other growers on here and the reputation of the breeders that sale on here... we save a shitload not trying to hunt these genetics down ... if anyone could afford that short of a breeder... anyways its really a stupid assertion and im amazed you would defend it. So do you agree that people are ignorant that buy seeds online kopite? If so can you please explain it since your friend didnt bother... It looked to me as if he was claiming every breeder / seller online was a hack is that your position? thanks

J

JackTheGrower

I have gotten the Blue Dream at my collective, is amazing when grown well. The taste is absolutely fruit and sweet. Effect is sativa, but it must be a hybrid because it has an indica ending.
I have asked different collectives and they don't know what the genetics are.
That would be an interesting breed, blue tikal... tikal dream...

I have just two shots a year with my setup here. I have been told folks like Blue Dream.

IS this "Taste" actually taste? Any Smacking the lips and tongue after a toke with taste?

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JackTheGrower

femmed beans have there use and that is for people throwing out plants outdoors without having to sex them at home or dig twice as many holes. If the breeders do it correctly with sexually stable plants and not hermies they should be stable fems but I wouldnt breed or clone them..

That is my question: If we have a stable line of male and female and we use a stable feminized I am figuring it is like crossing an Fn of the male and female line with a Female of another line in terms of genetics.

I am wondering if a feminized and a regular male will patch up any problems caused by the feminizing alone.

But yes.. we could get problems in any cross I am sure..

blue dream does taste very good and is distinctive in flavor certainly worth growing if it is the cut i have. and yes a hybrid blueberry(indica) and a haze(sativa).

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
G'day trendsetters :)
This has been an interesting but somewhat disappointing thread, with a lot of misconjecture thrown about.

I started a colloidal silver (for making feminised seeds) thread several years ago here on icmag which has since become the main icmag thread in regards to CS: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60610

Everybody's shared their thoughts on the issue ... please allow me to share my experience (as opposed to theories based on other peoples theories that were based on other peoples theories which come from people who've never grown them, never made them, and are just somehow 'scared' of feminised seeds as if theyre some genetically engineered voodoo).

I'm a big advocate for female seeds, and that comes purely from my 100% successful experience of both growing and making them. I've been growing with them for six years now, and in that time the only hermaphrodites i've ever grown (two) were from regular seeds. Approximately 1 in every 2 seeds i grow is feminised, so I've been through quite a lot of them. I'd grow more, but your strain choice is obviously much more limited compared to regular seeds. I've also been making my own feminised seeds using colloidal silver for many years, and several icmag members have enjoyed my feminised Cinderella 99 - which, ironically, i made from an existing female that had also grown from a feminised seed. 2nd gen feminised if you will.

They're especially useful for smalltime growers (which most of us are) who basically can't afford to have too many males, and we all know how painful it can be when you veg a plant for two months only to find out its male. You don't have that worry with feminised seeds.

Feminised seeds occur naturally in nature - most of you would be aware that after a while most old female plants start to throw out a few pollen bananas. This seems to be a self-preservation strategy, allowing the plant to pollenate at least itself if not surrounding plants before it dies. Soma calls this process rhodelisation.

That takes a long time though, and unfortunately not all strains will do this.

One common misconception regarding feminised seeds is that they'll grow into hermies. This couldn't be further from the truth.

When growing out lots of plants to find a keeper for breeding, it doesn't matter whether youre creating feminised or regular seeds, you should always look for strong females that are stress-resistant when possible.

That's the reason why we use colloidal silver (or silver theosulphate, or silver nitrate, or gibberillic acid etc) - to _FORCE_ a strong female to create pollen when it otherwise wouldn't if using traditional stressing techniques like light poisoning.

Female seeds are no 'threat' to regular seeds or strain lines, and the idea of a "boycott" to me just sounds ridiculously childish, uneducated and without any scientific merit or backbone to it.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my thoughts.

PS. Why was Lowryder even mentioned in this thread? Autoflowering is unrelated to feminised seeds.

G'day trendsetters :)
This has been an interesting but somewhat disappointing thread, with a lot of misconjecture thrown about.

I started a colloidal silver (for making feminised seeds) thread several years ago here on icmag which has since become the main icmag thread in regards to CS: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=60610

Everybody's shared their thoughts on the issue ... please allow me to share my experience (as opposed to theories based on other peoples theories that were based on other peoples theories which come from people who've never grown them, never made them, and are just somehow 'scared' of feminised seeds as if theyre some genetically engineered voodoo).

I'm a big advocate for female seeds, and that comes purely from my 100% successful experience of both growing and making them. I've been growing with them for six years now, and in that time the only hermaphrodites i've ever grown (two) were from regular seeds. Approximately 1 in every 2 seeds i grow is feminised, so I've been through quite a lot of them. I'd grow more, but your strain choice is obviously much more limited compared to regular seeds. I've also been making my own feminised seeds using colloidal silver for many years, and several icmag members have enjoyed my feminised Cinderella 99 - which, ironically, i made from an existing female that had also grown from a feminised seed. 2nd gen feminised if you will.

They're especially useful for smalltime growers (which most of us are) who basically can't afford to have too many males, and we all know how painful it can be when you veg a plant for two months only to find out its male. You don't have that worry with feminised seeds.

Feminised seeds occur naturally in nature - most of you would be aware that after a while most old female plants start to throw out a few pollen bananas. This seems to be a self-preservation strategy, allowing the plant to pollenate at least itself if not surrounding plants before it dies. Soma calls this process rhodelisation.

That takes a long time though, and unfortunately not all strains will do this.

One common misconception regarding feminised seeds is that they'll grow into hermies. This couldn't be further from the truth.

When growing out lots of plants to find a keeper for breeding, it doesn't matter whether youre creating feminised or regular seeds, you should always look for strong females that are stress-resistant when possible.

That's the reason why we use colloidal silver (or silver theosulphate, or silver nitrate, or gibberillic acid etc) - to _FORCE_ a strong female to create pollen when it otherwise wouldn't if using traditional stressing techniques like light poisoning.

Female seeds are no 'threat' to regular seeds or strain lines, and the idea of a "boycott" to me just sounds ridiculously childish, uneducated and without any scientific merit or backbone to it.

Anyway, thanks for listening to my thoughts.

PS. Why was Lowryder even mentioned in this thread? Autoflowering is unrelated to feminised seeds.

exactly most naysayers have minimal to no personal experience with proper fems and base there views on bad info on forums and maybe some bad fems they grew out from a shady seedbank.

J

JackTheGrower

I'm keeping everything our friends have said in mind. I will try CS later this year so I will report my experiences.

I am hopeful that I can make batches of seeds that provide many with this up indi-haze stone and fine juicy-fruit scent.

I Will test grow and hopefully offer a printed pack of 10 at a very reasonable price after November. Maybe anyway..

darwinsbulldog

Landrace Lover
Veteran
i agree with you in part mate with respect to new growers getting their nose in a book or two, however there's a plethora of new, correct and accurate information that crops up on these forums each day, i mean sure being a forum anyone can post anything but no one's going out of their way to post bullshit to misguide people even if at times they are misinformed and it is a vital source for learning where you can ask anyone of any experience various questions that your books may not be able to answer.

i do think that seeds are overpriced at times, however they're in huge demand and only being sold for what people are willing to pay for them so their prices are more the fault of the consumers than the seed banks per se. as long as people keep lashing out huge dough for big names and brands then the prices won't come down, whether or not you're happy with it.

on the lowryder comment, i've seen it around here and there but i don't think that its too out of control i mean how many people out there are going crazy for c99 and ak47/48 etc as well... popularity moves and changes constantly, not much you can do about it, if you're not a fan of the strain in question simply don't buy it, no one's forcing you to, if other "misguided" people who think it is amazing wanna purchase it then they should be able to, in the end, who cares it's not affecting you.

anyway that's just my 2c, have a nice one mate

darwin.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is my question: If we have a stable line of male and female and we use a stable feminized I am figuring it is like crossing an Fn of the male and female line with a Female of another line in terms of genetics.

I am wondering if a feminized and a regular male will patch up any problems caused by the feminizing alone.

But yes.. we could get problems in any cross I am sure..

bro,,,,here is your main problem with your understanding,,,,,,,,,,feminization is a Tool!,,,,,it causes no probblems by itself!!,,,,,,,selections cause the problems,,,,real cashcrops are designed for for niche enviroments,,,,,,,,,not all lines will work in all enviroments,,the Y cromozone is an anomaly ,,,,some consider it to be "Novel",,,,,,and yes by crossing a XY chromozone plant to an XX chromozone plant you will get XY chromozone seeds,,,,

but its actualy harder to avoid intersexed traits when working XY line than it is with working from an XX line

Last edited: