What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wow, Too tired to do a thread, Come on, Son!

paper thorn

Veteran
a couple pics of the tube.

I know you guys are going to chuckle about the bell and flange at the bottom...:biggrin:

When i first cut the tube i left that on because i didn't have a hose clamp for the filter. I just twisted a wire around using the flange to keep the wire in place. Liked it so i left it.

paper thorn

Veteran
Seriously, VERTICAL!?, C'mon Son!

Grow partner wins out this time on vert.

I don't like it 'cause it's hard on the eyes.:pimp3: Gotta go around the room all pimped out with shades on.

All that stuff hanging is now in jars, soon gone.

The Killer Queen is way yonder better at 90 days than at 65 or 70. (A little Andy Griffith lingo there) Next time I run it it''l have it's own light and can go the distance, probably 100-110 days. Definitely getting a dehumidifier next time. I've never had budrot before. It's very dry here, but the last couple months have been crazy with 60%-80% humidity half the time. 60% is kinda high for here, usually just during the monsoon.

The veg was cramped in a closet while the KQ finished up, and got a little fuked up. Got a couple vert 600s getting them in shape. They're looking a lot better now. All in coco in the first pic, they're going to be huge by the time we flip. These in buckets need to catch up. We'll see.
There is a big, and by big I mean friggen huge, Mofo3 in a bucket in between the lights. You can see it to the right in the first pic and to the left in the second pic. It's about 4 feet x 3 feet, maybe 3 feet high. It's starting to take off.
Hopefully, it will stay here and flower, while the others go away to another spot. Much work to do, but it'll happen just in the nick of time. The big Mofo3 will be the star of the show in this diary, while the rest will be spread out in another grower's 20' by 20' room and will be only shown if you really want to see it.

Last edited:

paper thorn

Veteran
This is a Champions Cheese by Heavyweight Seeds.

I won the Herbie's Seeds Giveaway contest a few weeks ago and won a 5 seed pack of Champions Cheese. I chose Cheese because I've been wanting a Cheese, and it's something that you don't see everyday around here.

I'm only going to pop 1 seed at a time, easier for me to study each one that way. Here it is, Cheese seedling dropped in a wet rockwool cube on the 9th of October. Thanks to Herbie.

Most of the recently planted clones in the tray on the right are Diesel. A few more from this batch of clones still rooting. These will be going to yet another grower's room, he's doing a bit of a SOG.
Some more clones in the cloner just taken, will be for a future crop. Still working on the right veg times for big ass plants.

waveguide

Veteran
hoppers made comeback here. remember to spray. eggs 11 days? so i think my new gen don't have phytoplasma, no sick plants yet. sprayin and crushin.

paper thorn

Veteran
I bombed the hoppers with a Dr Doom fogger today. Hopefully it's the last i see of them. I'll be spraying every few days too.

That little Cheese plant is looking great. Popping that seed has got me wanting to do a big seed run. Soon. I have hundreds of seeds and so many keepers in those seeds.

Changed water in 7 buckets today, i kinda hate DWC. Kinda love coco. haha

paper thorn

Veteran
Been a couple weeks, so here's a small update.
New kitten won't stay off the keyboard. makes it tough to type, plus he's chewing on my finger and jumping mu hands.:cathug:

Well, I won the October Herbie's seeds giveaway.:woohoo:

It was for a 5 pack of Heavyweight Seeds, my choice.
I had chosen the feminized Champions Cheese.

Because I've never had Cheese.

Popped one of the seeds on 10-9

I need to snag a clone, but those nodes are really tight, so maybe after it gets a bit taller.
I want to flip it when my next run starts...soon

paper thorn

Veteran
I go this Blue Widow clone the other day. It's in a coffee can of nute solution with an airstone in it. Already took a cutting from it.

Some young plants.

This is what's going on in the shed. I really need to get most of these to a new location. The HUGE Mofo3 in between the lights will have to stay. It's too big to move. I'll add a 600, so it will have 3 600s around it sorta like Heath's. I'll have 2 or 3 in coco on the other side of those 600s.

Surely I can pull 5 pounds from all of them, but we'll see what actually ends up around the lights.

BTW, last run, i was hoping for 6 pounds. Seemed like a high enough goal. Realistic goal was 5 pounds A few weeks in I made a 77 oz prediction.
Ended up with about 70 oz. So a tad short of 4 1/2 pounds. Oh course never having that much here at the same time, harvest was spread out just enough to keep the yield legal. so much bullshit.

In other news, me and my grow partner just picked up 2 patients with grow rights, 1 each, so 12 more legal plants, 5 more legal ounces.

Last edited:

expealadocious

It almost seems like if you were in a legal state the cops would basically leave you alone but I wouldnt know... or that the penalties wouldnt be too harsh?
I noticed everyone with the rule book is pretty strict about adherance but I suppose its so you can keep doing it in the future

paper thorn

Veteran
They have no right to inspect home grows, but they don't really care what the law says, just what they can get away with.
Have over the amount you can carry and they'll treat you like a criminal.
With 5 patients I can carry about 15 1/2 oz.
Of course, they aren't supposed to be able to use smell to get search warrants anymore.

Of course the cops think growing is still illegal within 25 miles of a dispensary. But, only my patients need to live 25+ miles out in BFE.
I just want to stay off of their radar.

oti$

I've lurked your thread in the past but it's been a while since I've been in here. Just read through the whole thread. Nice show:D I'm interested to see if you get any increase in yield. I'm hoping to get closer to a gpw on my next harvested light. I think you are going to like vert. I'll be along for the this from here on out...

paper thorn

Veteran
These are about 5 weeks in.

Having some problems with some of my buckets getting a little root rot and getting yellowing and leaf drop

Def gonna hurt yield. Still looking in the 7 pound range

The Cheese smells sweet and is super frosty, hope to get good pics soon
Blue Widow also very frosty but white widow type funky smell
NycdxSwT is frosty and more diesely than my ECSD.
more pics in a few days

Bubba

Big nycd x Swt3

Killer Queen

CountCanabinoid

Hi there PaperThorn, thanks for posting these dank grows. I just moved back to Tucson last month. I did a search for Arizona and a thread of yours popped up.

Nice to see growers in AZ, and ones that are keeping Bubba and WW alive too. That Blue Widow will be a nice yielder with the Blueberry genes in there. I'm a huge Blueberry hybrid fan.
I see you had some problems with root rot and blight. Bummer. Truly sorry for ya. My friend and I ran into this back in October. He even had his plants tested and they came back with fusarium, verticillium and phytophthora. Everything I read about it said that it had to do with improper drainage. We had ours draining into those green plastic saucer. I noticed that your plants are draining into plastic bins?

If there is any standing water and dead foliage where your roots are drinking, it will lead to problems. I know you already had height problems, but if you raised your pots out of the bottom of the bins. I really believe it would help ya. Just my two cents. Best of luck, PT.

I looked up Mofo but couldn't find info? What type of girl is she? Again thanks for sharing.

Apache Kush

I just got done reading the whole thread, nice work nice shed..

I got a little worried with the 100's degree days and the monsoon/rh

represent AZ

good vibes

mfdoo0mm

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62036&pictureid=1462717View Image

I ran 6 wires from 20 Amp breakers into the shed. 4 above are for 4 1000 watt lights.:woohoo:

One is for the AC.

One is for general stuff, fans etc.

I got a goal.

Got to get into a small commercial space.

I need 6# but I don't know... Come on son, confidence:biggrin:

here's a little veg action
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62036&pictureid=1462722View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62036&pictureid=1462721View Image

Being very knowledgeable with NEC, this made me pull at my collar haha.

Your grow looks good! And we have almost the EXACT same shed (that I started off with)

My shed was built shittily by previous owner and we made do. But it had the sloped ceiling, etc. etc. haha.

paper thorn

Veteran
hey mfdoo0mm, the electrical is good.

I have 6 20 amp breakers. Each has a 12 gauge wire from it to an outlet in the shed.
1 for the AC
4 for the lights
1 for lights and stuff...

\
Well, I've been chopping a miserable harvest from the last vertical run. Still hitting 5 pounds, but should have been much more.

Going to step up the show next time.

I will be running a recirculating 8 bucket system.

4 1000watts between them vertical. 5 600s on each back side.

Basically 3 lights around each plant. Heath style.

Gonna be all Bubba Kush.

Right now, I've been turning the big new addition into a veg room. Big veg rooms rock! Transplanted all my moms. Potted up all my plants in coco. Put some Bubba in buckets and took 10 Bubba clones.

Hopefully we'll be in a new place within a month.

Only moms, clones and seedlings here from now on.

paper thorn

Veteran
Maybe I should do my next run in a new thread. I'll call it,

"Vertical again??!!?? Come on Son, get up outta here with that shit!"

Had serious trees that turned into my best and worst grow ever. Okay, mostly my worst. Shitty yield. But not because I went vert, but I made some big mistakes.

Trim out EVERYTHING that could become larf. Fuck that shit.

Don't turn the plants. Recipe for small buds.

Light height I'm still hazy on.

OK, Except for three Killer Queens around a 1k that won't be ready for two or three more weeks. Shit takes forever. Probably going to drop it for good. 3 months, big buds, good high, but no smell.

I have several plants in buckets of coco that will be going in with the KQs any day. Just gettin them rooted into the big pots, not looking for a big yield from each, just an 'in-between' run for extra bud before the 8 Bubbas that just went into dwc buckets yesterday gets ready. Actually, I have another 'in-between' run in the works too.

I have 2 Cheese and 2 NYCD x Swt#3 and 5 Bubbas in the cloner.

I'm thinking of rigging up an E and F table Putting a 1k in a hood over them. just looking at a pound or two to hold me over till the Bubba gets ready. But seriously, 1 to 2, most likely 2, months to veg, then 2 months to bloom, then a couple weeks to dry and cure. Comes out to harvest in July. I may need more than a # or two before then lol.

A few pics of a couple new additions at chop time.

A Cheese from a pack of Fem seeds I won in a Herbies contest here.

Nice frosty bud, I think it was ECSD.

paper thorn

Veteran
Hi there PaperThorn, thanks for posting these dank grows. I just moved back to Tucson last month. I did a search for Arizona and a thread of yours popped up.

Nice to see growers in AZ, and ones that are keeping Bubba and WW alive too. That Blue Widow will be a nice yielder with the Blueberry genes in there. I'm a huge Blueberry hybrid fan.
I see you had some problems with root rot and blight. Bummer. Truly sorry for ya. My friend and I ran into this back in October. He even had his plants tested and they came back with fusarium, verticillium and phytophthora. Everything I read about it said that it had to do with improper drainage. We had ours draining into those green plastic saucer. I noticed that your plants are draining into plastic bins?

If there is any standing water and dead foliage where your roots are drinking, it will lead to problems. I know you already had height problems, but if you raised your pots out of the bottom of the bins. I really believe it would help ya. Just my two cents. Best of luck, PT.

I looked up Mofo but couldn't find info? What type of girl is she? Again thanks for sharing.

Hey Count, I do did have them in bins, and yeah, big pain to sop up all the runoff, didn't always do it. But most of the time.

Took the last big KQs out of them, they'll drain onto the floor ftw.

Temps starting to rise, and I just set up dwc buckets.
:laughing:
I don't have Mofo any more, just crosses of her. My Whit RussianxBlueberry Male nailed the whole garden and turns out to be the best Dad ever.

Mofo was a Mother's Finest x Bog's Lifesaver cross. Wish I had her back.
May still hang out in a few grows back east.

paper thorn

Veteran
NYCD x SwT3

NYCD x SwT3

The NYCD momma was sooo stinky. Hit up with some Sweet Tooth pollen.

Finally got around to running a few of those beans, made them a few years ago.

Got this one nice girl.

Reminds a bit of Bubba, in smell and look. Very frosty. A tad of sweetness in the bubba like smell. I need a name. Well I don't know if is really a keeper yet, it's got great smell and taste, a great buzz, but not a big yielder. I still have a ton of seeds to pop. maybe soon.

CountCanabinoid

Hey Count, I do did have them in bins, and yeah, big pain to sop up all the runoff, didn't always do it. But most of the time.

Took the last big KQs out of them, they'll drain onto the floor ftw.

Temps starting to rise, and I just set up dwc buckets.
:laughing:
I don't have Mofo any more, just crosses of her. My Whit RussianxBlueberry Male nailed the whole garden and turns out to be the best Dad ever.

Mofo was a Mother's Finest x Bog's Lifesaver cross. Wish I had her back.
May still hang out in a few grows back east.

Thanks for replying. I was hoping I didn't come off as a know it all. Our grow ended up almost totally failing so I just don't want that to happen to anyone else. I'm looking forward seeing you rock it this time, PT.

Good thing your male was a keeper. Even though no more Mofo. Sounds like a fun one to keep around. Haha.

Yeah it's been a warmer "winter" than I remember it being in past years. Hopefully it doesn't hurt ya.

Latest posts

Latest posts