What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wow, Too tired to do a thread, Come on, Son!

paper thorn

Veteran
Come on, son! You gonna do this thread or not. All your friends are forgetting you.

I just don't have time, 'cause my sucky job takes too much of it.:moon:

By the time I get around to reading a few posts I'm just too damned tired to resize pics, upload, organize.....

I'm retiring this year, and intend on renting a warehouse, and ramping up production. 5 patients gives me 60 plants, but a couple guys in my crew will be getting 5 patients each raising our total allowed plant count to 180. About 100 more than we'll need. but it'll give me the option of doing a good sized seed run. yeehaw.

I'm dealing with a business reality. I need 5 patients to grow enough plants to have a little variety. My patients then want stuff I don't have, so I need a higher plant count to keep a good strain variety. Now I need to supply my patients with a fair amount of free weed for the privilege of having their 'grow rights'. Then they buy a few ounces a month. So I need a pound or two for them. I need a pound for me and my moochers. (a term of affection, I assure you).

So now I need 3 pounds, but wait, now I need a pound to pay the electric bill. The power draw is too much to keep this grow at home, and I need more space, so I will have to rent a place. Now I need a pound to keep the doors open. Now, I don't have time to keep working at my job, so I need to retire from that shit and man the grow fulltime, gotta have a pound to replace my pay, a helper or two, there's another pound, trimmers, there's another pound. Going legit forces you into a commercial situation.

But before I go counting my chickens, I'll have to bust ass and get my room done.

Man, I got so much to say, I know I'm going to get things out of order and miss stuff.
Come on son,

First, thanks to you guys who have given me so much help over the years. I've had some great strains and am working to come back after a total teardown and shutdown for almost a year. Well, about six months after the teardown i got a veg started, but it's been a long road back. Without you guys, I'd have only my seeds to find strains. Of course my seed collection is badass. :grin:

I pulled a couple pounds out of a 2 x 6 closet under 2 600s, then moved into a small bedroom. Here's some pics of how that run went.

Some veg

This is Pretty Boy, aka Mr. Pretty, aka little grey cat. He died when he was just 2 years old. I dedicate this thread to him. He was the most beautiful, nicest, quietest meowing, softest cat ever, my little ragamuffin. Been over a year and I still grieve.:comfort::kitty:

says 5 but telss me when i post over two that i'm postin 6 or 7
What, come on son only 5 pics???! Man I got 23...

Wait, i need a mod to fix this shit. You counting smilies as my five images???wtf?

I'm really to tired to do another post, but damn, this post sucks without some pics.

Last edited:

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
I got myself a grow room cat myself. He's meaner than a junkyard dog. Only sees me as a food bowl. he rubs up against me once a while. I like him.

paper thorn

Veteran

I really should have used a second screen.

Towards the end i got some salt build up that i think is what turned all those leaves brown. Really sucked trimming. Why'd I do that?? Come on, Son!

paper thorn

Veteran
That cat used to eat leaves all the time. total indoor cat, never ate grass. I think it was good for his urinary tract, He died from kidney failure after I tore down the grow and he could no longer chew leaves.
I have an orange cat that gives me lots of love though, keeps me from getting too down about it.

paper thorn

Veteran
Been off and on with my cloning for years. Now, I clone like a pro. 100%. Rockwool cubes under a dome. I'll never look back.

Anyway, this thread is not about that grow, but that grow was a stepping stone.

This thread is about the shed and the new place after that one's done.

Fucked up shed, but never cried, just went to work.

N

noyd666

yep we lost ours after only 18 months, don't know if its bullshit or not but I read somewhere that mirrors are no good in grows as they swallow light???? good for combing your hair, luck mate.

paper thorn

Veteran
Thanks guys

The mirror was there because it was my grand daughter's room, hence the purple walls too hehe.

Ok, so the room is getting sheetrock today, but here's some pics of the build out from the last few weeks.

Walls are all insulated, ceiling's almost done. Had the insulation on hand for the walls, but had to make a home depot run to get insulation for 2 x 6s on 2 foot centers.

You can see that there is lino on the floor. the floor sucked, had to put 3/8ths plywood over it, then had a roll of commercial linoleum, so cut in in and glued it down.

Next pics will be up to date, got 17 pieces of sheetrock leaning on one wall, should have it up today- walls and ceiling. Then tape the joints and throw a coat of flat white paint on it and I'll be ready to hang lights and run ducting.

paper thorn

Veteran

I ran 6 wires from 20 Amp breakers into the shed. 4 above are for 4 1000 watt lights.:woohoo:

One is for the AC.

One is for general stuff, fans etc.

I got a goal.

Got to get into a small commercial space.

I need 6# but I don't know... Come on son, confidence:biggrin:

here's a little veg action

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Specular light isn't your friend, re:mirror.

New grow looks like it's off to a great start, always nice to start fresh and build up.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Allow myself to introduce myself.

Just hitting the shatter thinking " by the time hazy makes it to Vegas weeds gonna be legal recreationally"

Happy to see you posting again nah mean son

Is that rush I hear in the background!

paper thorn

Veteran
Hope you're working on something good stoney

Man, waveguide~ that Mooche by DE totally hit the spot, starting it over for another go right now. many thanks bro.:pimp3:

Yeah, Mikell, like i said, it was the grand daughter's room and after she moved back in with mom and dad, that mirror just hung there, and when I started the grow, I just didn't have any place for it. Kind of cool getting to see such a good looking guy every time I walked in the room though.:dance013:
It is hard to be humble.
com'on son

Oh yeah, Sir. I know, huh? I've only been talking about heading to Vegas for...ever
Damn, I suck! Dude, count on it. :friends:I'm so done fucking around. I'm so done with my sucky job. And the sucky dickheads I have to work with. You know, over 20 tons of pot was sold here, just through the dispensaries last year. No reason in the world I should not be getting a little piece of this pie.:pie:

Gotta get some glue and cookies and ? to add to the collection. gotta have a variety so folks don't get bored. Anyway Sir, I wish you~ the grow room build out master~ were here to help me with the room.
I just have so much doubt and hesitation about how to do the air cooled hoods and general ventilation stuff.

Ok, on to the pics. Ok, the pic. After all I've already used 4 smilies. Couldn't resist the pie though.

The crew came down yesterday and we finished the insulation on the ceiling and got all the sheetrock up. After they left, I stayed out there till 2 AM taping and mudding. Got her done.

They came back today and we painted, 1 gallon of flat white I've had awhile barely covered, but it made it. We hung hoods. Got the area around the building cleaned up. light proofed the door, did some caulking.

Tomorrow I'll hook up the ducts to the hoods and get the fan mounted. Also got to get my Cool Tube back from a friend. So I'll have three 1Ks on this run. Intakefrom outside>Fan>Duct>Hood1>duct>cooltube>duct>hood2duct>exhaust to outside.
1 more hood that only has 4" ports. So I'm thinking a 4" fan and filter>duct>hood3>duct>exhaust. This will give me a little negative pressure and bring in the fresh air I need, not sealing and using co2.

They dug me a trench for my little water line, got water to the res in the room, yeehaw.

Put a float valve in the res, next step will be a drip to waste or something.

If I can get those lights fired up tomorrow night after work, tired thinking about it, then I'll spend the rest of the night stealthily bringing plants out there and holy cow, there's going to be hell to pay for my procrastination these last few weeks. Shit's chest high now.

Last edited:

paper thorn

Veteran
hoods and ballasts inthe room

but ducting and bulbs and hooking shit up, just too damned tired, come on son.

Rush is coming to town 7-27. damn, don't think I'll make it.
Saw the 'Clockwork Angels' tour a year or so ago, best concert ever. Think i seen em 13 14 times, one more would rock.