What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wow, Too tired to do a thread, Come on, Son!

N

noyd666

tarting up an old bitch an coming up a treat, plenty of helpers.yep good song.

paper thorn

Veteran
Been doing a little each night after work. Connected up most of the insulated ducting tonight.
I should get the intake and exhaust finished tomorrow night. Which means that I can fire up lights and start seeing what my temps are going to be. Might need more A/C.
Soon as I fire them up I'll be cleaning up my debris, and moving in the girls.

If I'm not too tired tomorrow night I'll post an update. Too tired tonight, I know I'll be even more tired tomorrow night. My job is really getting in the way of the important stuff. Making me too tired to do the work I need to get done.

Laza Haze

Illyrian blood
Veteran
Come on son. ..Keep it up! Great job in there. Subed,and congrats for the stuff ur building up :tiphat:

Laza

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
coming along nicely

ah you don't need me in there messing shit up. my best advise is to consider everything, go slow, and go over it all several times to make sure you can just rock out

advise I wish I didn't need reminding of myself sometimes. but it always works out.

you know how I feel about the job getting in the way thing~ im always telling a close friend to get his priorities straight when his job that pays very lil he shows up for, and on time, for years/ meanwhile slacking in his garden which has several times the earning potential.

you know if your good at what you do, work hard, the universe seems to provide. sometimes its hard to make the leap. sometimes life circumstances prevent the leap as well. but I can say in my case the leap has been well worth it. hope you can join the "full time" club soon.

paper thorn

Veteran
LH` thank you, i'm working hard to get it done right.

Sir~going slow is all it seems like I'm doing sometimes.
Thanks for that post, words of wisdom there, believe me i'm taking it to heart.

OK, been working on the exhaust ports for my ducting. I'm venting my lights through a window. About 4" of styrofoam over the glass. cut in round for a nice fit, all caulked, enough bends in the last piece of duct to trap all the light. No light leaks.

Got to stop a light leak under the ac tomorrow.

Got to cut in the intake port for the lights tomorrow.

Was gonna put in the glass for the big magnum hood but,

Damn it, it's broken.
Maybe a piece of plexiglass will work, maybe i'll need to head into town to get a piece of glass.
what do you think, plexi make it through a run?

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
I don't think I would use the plexi, as the other glass is not only heat tempered but blocks bad uv's from your eyes.(though, those uv's are good for the plants as you know)

Last edited:

paper thorn

Veteran
All the girls are under the lights.

Sprayed with some Monterey. Rearranged for height.

Setting up the res.

I'll put up some sort of screen tomorrow night. Or at least start it. Still need a piece of glass for the last hood, but I'm going to put a 600 in it tomorrow and run it open till i get the glass. My fan will be blasting it.

Temps are good.

I'll post up some pics by the weekend. Too tired, c'mon son, go to bed.

paper thorn

Veteran
:woohoo:Big update dead ahead:

Uh oh! just used up 1 pic with a smilie:laughing:

damn!

Tom~ I just threw a 600 in that hood till i can get a piece of glass. no plexi!
I figure a 1000 will be too hot unducted. temps are good right now.

Hey Sir~, maybe that retirement from the workplace will be sooner than I thought.
Been saying that I'm retiring this year for years. Well, I just got fired after 3 years on this job.:tiphat:

Been doing my job just fine, but don't always hear my phone. Got fired for not answering my phone. Got a 3 day suspension a few months ago by the new mean HR lady.

Hey, I've been on the needs-to-be-fired list since I started. It's a racial thing partly- Ok mainly-, but it's OK- I'm sick of these bastards anyway. Wifey wants to be pissed, but she knew it was coming. She's dealt with these people before too.

On with the show

This is a 4" fan hooked up to this hood. Gives me a little negative pressure in the room, containing the smell and bringing in a little fresh air.

more hoods
That's 2 layers of some styrofoam I had, and a layer of that pink solid foam? stuff i got just for this. Window is insulated and the foam fits super perfect and tight. Caulked in last layer.
That outlet box in the corner of the window is tight. completely sealed.

paper thorn

Veteran
I have a hodgepodge of hoods.
First in line to the left is a nice big magnum3 or whatever hood with 8" to 6" reducers to fit my 6" duct and fan. Then is a cooltube and then to the right is a regular 6" hood. All with 1Ks. That hood with 4" flanges in the above post also has a 1000 watt.

so 4K in the room:biggrin:

I'm hooked up all the way from the exhaust to the fan. Got no good pic of the exhaust, though it was a work of art. Anyway, gotta cut an intake port.

Got a deadbolt in the doorknob hole. deadbolt goes into a 2x4. put this hasp on the outside. No intruders allowed.

paper thorn

Veteran
Seems I'm giving a guided tour of my album. It's a good way. :pimp3: Can't get enough Duke Ellington and jazz tonight. Thanks again waveguide.

Was working real hard, though some of it went,just like SirSmokalot said, slow, thinking through every detail.

I need an intake port and I guess this is the spot.

Cut the hole in the sheetrock, cut out some insulation, cut the exterior siding. I stapled a piece of A/C filter over the hole to keep out dust and critters.

All ducted up.

paper thorn

Veteran
Well, now it's time to clean up. and get this room loaded. The veg has seriously blown up, stuff is chest high.

Maybe no one wants to see my mess, but that's a big part of setting up a room. constant cleaning of construction debris.

Getting it cleaned up. Oh yeah, that's some commercial grade lino on the floor i had laying around.

some wasted space, stuff still needs to go.

This piece of panda keeps the light from shining out when I open the door.

paper thorn

Veteran
Come on son Album tour continued

Room got cleaned.

I spirited the contents of my veg room from the house to the shed. I was aided by no moon. It was dark, and gratuitously the neighbors all had their outside lights off:moon:

You can see the turns in the ducting and a little of the exhaust. 100% light is trapped - no light outside. Well, a tiny bit through the AC. I'll deal with that soon. BTW, that's an old AC I had in a previous house, it's a 12,800 BTU through the wall unit. I was worried it would not be enough for 4K of lights.

So, since I don't have a glass yet for the magnum hood, I inhooked the duct and now the duct goes straight from the fan to the cooltube, bypassing the magnum hood.

Temps with 3K burning.

Another shot of the fan to cooltube. the empty magnum hood in the foreground, That's a little can lite filter with a 4" fan on top recirculating. Good for now, but I know I need to get a big filter and bigger fan soon.

paper thorn

Veteran
Been doing a lot of rearranging. Don't know what strains are where, just went by height. (Got a sloped ceiling.) I'll get it all mapped out later so I will know where i stand yield wise.

Switched the 1000 in the big hood for a 600. Afraid it will get too hot uncooled. Put all the shorties under it.
Temps with 3600 watts after burning all night. Not bad eh?

Built a frame and strung these bitches up, or should i say down. bummer broke two nice branches, lost a couple ounces for sure.

Gives me enough room to get some stretch gonna be a lot of nice buds. I can raise the lights about 4 " with a modified, improvised hangers.

Showing off a bit tonight.:peacock: we'll see how it turns out not as much stretching room as I would have liked.

C'mon son log off, go watch some Psych and go to bed.

paper thorn

Veteran
Been a week+ since they got moved in here and flipped. Just a pic of the room from left to right.

These are mofo7 clones. they smell like mofo, get you high like mofo, but are done 55 days. Gonna put these in buckets.

Thread's a little dead, this guy showed up outside today.

Miraculous Meds

Just read the last page, ill catch up on the rest here in a bit. but I don't think u will lose anything by breaking those branches. u got ur self a jungle in there son! In fact im sure ur gonna have to prune a few more branches out.

My 12k btu ac does pretty well cooling 3600 watts. that's sealed with bare bulbs, hung vert. So no cool tubes exhausting out the light heat.

John.Snow

Just read through everything. Looks awesome! Can't believe how quick you got that whole room built. What are the dimensions? What strains are you running?

paper thorn

Veteran
Sup MM, It's so crowded, should have flipped weeks ago.
Maybe I'll see what the ac will do with bare bulbs next run.

hey john, I cheated, by posting all the pics up so fast. The room took a lot longer, just sat on the pics. That said, once my crew showed up it took off, those boys don't stand around going duuuhhh??? what next??? like I do.
But thanks, we busted tail on it, and towards the last, I spent some serious time out there getting it finished. Nice knowing that it's well insulated etc.

edit; oh yeah, C'mon son, remember what you gonna post about, damn! - the room is 10' by 12' john. about 7' high on the right side, and 5' 6" high on the left.

Also, last night I raised the lights a few inches, looks like it'll help. It was not easy, the hook was just out of reach, had to get something to stand on and a rope to hold the hood up while I changed out the hangers for short home made ones.
The tall one in front of the ac is a Bubba Kush.

A little nug of blue widow i picked up from a dispensary.

Last edited:

paper thorn

Veteran
Thank you Sir.

The wife's not on board on the full time grower thing yet, but she'll come around after the next harv comes in.

John, you also asked about strains.

Here's my line up:

Pre-98 Bubba Kush

Lonestar's Killer Queen

East Coast Sour Diesel

White Widow

Sister Haze (my name for a chem sis x neville's haze cross)

AK48

Tahoe3 (tahoe OG x my white russian blueberry dad) [this dad was golden, so glad i didn't catch it in time in that grow last year hehe]

pk2 and pk1, but not keeping moms of these two.
PK4 (SR71 PK x wrbb)

Golden Cindy1 (c99 x gypsy's golden skush) [this one's sweet and tasty and fat and early]

Mofo 3
Mofo7
Mofo8 (All mofo by wrbb) [couldn't make up my mind which was best]

The mofos, are fat, lime, like key lime or sprite. and stoney.

Mofo came from Brother Bear, and is a mother's finest x bog's lifesaver)

Latest posts

Latest posts