What's new

World's Farmers Feel The Effects Of A Hotter Planet

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for starting this thread! (someone had to)
deniers can't deny the science so they keep making up nonsense or using diversion tactics. mmm's #12 post says it all.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I just came in to say that science isn't science and that anyone who objects is an idiot.

:bigeye:

I suppose we need an approved "Accepted Science" sticker on research, but even then people will doubt its authenticity.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Doctors take an oath. The Hippocratic Oath is an oath historically taken by doctors swearing to practice medicine ethically.

Show me where the lying bastards (or scientists as you call them) at Penn State or East Anglia took an oath.

Didn't think so. By the way, the key word here is "ethically". Hiding emails, hiding weather patterns, skewing statistics and then lying about it is not ethical. Just in case you didn't know.
Phfft. Scientists. LOL

All they do is troll for grant money to keep their labs open and to make their house payments. Depending on the donor results of the studies vary to keep the gravy train chugging down the tracks.

Are you really so naive to think otherwise? Do you really think the UN, the most corrupt organization in the world, does not have their OWN agenda?

These same 'scientists' told us we were going into an ice age just 35 years ago. They get funding from a Soros group and BAM!!! global warming. Oh I forgot to mention, soros has a stake in trading carbon credits.

Tsk tsk. Such simpletons.

If you're talking about money and agendas, corporations that pump C02 into the environment are in the same scenario. They lobby for tax payer money while denying the science of climate change exacerbated by 6.5 billion humans on the planet.

It's just like big tobacco telling Congress for decades that their product didn't cause cancer.

Business has always been dragged kicking and screaming to the regulation table. Crying to the masses (a relatively new phenomenon) is a way of fomenting doubt because the masses aren't scientists. Then they point their finger at a boogeyman and whine it'll cost you money and freedom (and you're sold.)

Why would a Soros-managed hedge be any more detrimental than a Koch Bros' hedge?

Don't allow politics to take over your reasoning.

grapeman, remember when the states couldn't regulate commerce amongst themselves? They collectively lobbied the feds to arbitrate. The Articles Of Confederation became the Constitution.

When trade becomes global, we're like those early states that couldn't arbitrate trade rules. You're allowing yourself to fall for the boogeyman scenario when you don't understand the complexities of trade imbalances, worker/environmental safety and rights, etc. You're just falling for the low hanging fruit of an excuse to thwart regulation.

Last edited:

grapeman

Veteran
If you're talking about money and agendas, corporations that pump C02 into the environment are in the same scenario. They lobby for tax payer money while denying the science of climate change exacerbated by 6.5 billion humans on the planet.

It's just like big tobacco telling Congress for decades that their product didn't cause cancer.

Business has always been dragged kicking and screaming to the regulation table. Crying to the masses (a relatively new phenomenon) is a way of fomenting doubt because the masses aren't scientists. Then they point their finger at a boogeyman and whine it'll cost you money and freedom (and you're sold.)

Why would a Soros-managed hedge be any more detrimental than a Koch Bros' hedge?

Don't allow politics to take over your reasoning.

grapeman, remember when the states couldn't regulate commerce amongst themselves? They collectively lobbied the feds to arbitrate. The Articles Of Confederation became the Constitution.

When trade becomes global, we're like those early states that couldn't arbitrate trade rules. You're allowing yourself to fall for the boogeyman scenario when you don't understand the complexities of trade imbalances, worker/environmental safety and rights, etc. You're just falling for the low hanging fruit of an excuse to thwart regulation.

Ummm. No.

This thread starts out with a FALSE premise that the world's farmers are suffering on a hotter planet.

The planet is cooling and has been for almost a decade.

Yet, I am accused of looking for "low hanging fruit" when it is obvious that the only low hanging fruit pickers here are the ones who regurgitate the latest IPCC sanctioned news story.

If the non-critical thinkers have a NEED to believe in global warming, and also to believe that farmers are suffering from such warming, then it says more about them then you think it says about me.

Farmers are not suffering. That is a fact. If you choose to believe some bullshit story without any facts embedded in it then so be it. It just further proves my point.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Ummm. No.

This thread starts out with a FALSE premise that the world's farmers are suffering on a hotter planet.

The planet is cooling and has been for almost a decade.

Warming isn't static, it produces warming and cooling trends globally. The mean temp is increasing, not lowering.

Yet, I am accused of looking for "low hanging fruit" when it is obvious that the only low hanging fruit pickers here are the ones who regurgitate the latest IPCC sanctioned news story.
Are you regurgitating denial? Your EA accusations are old (incorrect) hat. If you're objective after the so-called fact, which of the 5 reviews that exonerated climate scientists of wrongdoing did you find compelling and for what particular reasons?

How do you feel about the fact that those who made the accusations never conducted a single post-accusation study?

IMO, you never made it past the accusations. IMO the accusations were enough to keep you from reading info to the contrary, keeping your straws within reach.

If the non-critical thinkers have a NEED to believe in global warming, and also to believe that farmers are suffering from such warming, then it says more about them then you think it says about me.
Here's what I think it says about you. You either misunderstand or choose to ignore the fact that religion is a belief system. Science isn't based on beliefs, it's based on evidence. Religion is dragged kicking and screaming to the reform table. Science requests pier review, acknowledges misunderstandings [and] more importantly, refines the process of climate science.

Farmers are not suffering. That is a fact. If you choose to believe some bullshit story without any facts embedded in it then so be it. It just further proves my point.
It further proves my point. Your mind is made up, less all the information. You bring up Soros and whatever the hell he's doing to mess things up. You're falling for the micro-economic circus within the macro-science debate.

mad librettist

Veteran
Show me where the lying bastards (or scientists as you call them) at Penn State or East Anglia took an oath.

They submit to peer review, and when a jury of their peers finds scholarly or ethical misconduct, they are forced to retract or papers are retracted for them.

Grape, lose the tin foil hat bro. Science can't be made to fit a political ideology.

look at the American fellow who "stopped reading" after he read some sentence he didn't like, then looked like an ass when he said he had noticed no warming trend at home. The article said plain as day that global warming is not even, and that the US has been spared so far.

Also, most intellectually capable folks understand that weather and global climate are not the same thing. If you want a snapshot of this situation, observe that climate scientists all support the observations made thus far that lead them to conclude humans are responsible for the current observed global warming trend. Meteorologists, who are much more dependent on popularity for their continued employment, deal with the weather - and most American weathermen do not believe in global warming.

It's politics driving this "debate", and even on this thread we have a poster swearing this is all a scam to move manufacturing jobs overseas.

It's politic$ I smell when I hear the denials, not healthy skepticism.

If you are investing in agricultural land for your grandchildren, look north. Canada stands to gain from America's loss.

grapeman

Veteran
Warming isn't static, it produces warming and cooling trends globally. The mean temp is increasing, not lowering.

I know, I know. global warming causes global cooling. Those of you that believe this garbage fail to see your circular argument. No matter that the mean temp average over the last decade has fallen. In your world, it's still due to global warming. Record cold this past winter is caused by GW. Everyone can see that. LOL Talk about tin foil hats... LOL.

So maybe one of you geniuses can point to where farmers are suffering due to these warming temps. LOL

mad librettist

Veteran
I know, I know. global warming causes global cooling. Those of you that believe this garbage fail to see your circular argument. No matter that the mean temp average over the last decade has fallen. In your world, it's still due to global warming. Record cold this past winter is caused by GW. Everyone can see that. LOL Talk about tin foil hats... LOL.

So maybe one of you geniuses can point to where farmers are suffering due to these warming temps. LOL

no, global warming causes changes in regional and local weather patterns according to the laws of thermodynamics. The earth was cooled and warmed before so we know what it looks like. We know that on a warmer earth with a less salty ocean up north, certain ocean currents shut down. Those ocean currents are the reason that England, for instance, is a mild place for its northern geography.

you deliberately changed what has been said - that global warming creates uneven changes that translate to local and regional warming, cooling, drying, increased rainfall, etc...

You changed it to "global warming causes global cooling", which is something you heard Rush say, not anyone on this thread. Where I come from that is a pretty lame straw man. But hey, we are gonna be selling you water and veggies pretty soon, so fire up that hummer and crank up the patriot radio

Edit: forgive me if you didn't get your little catch phrase from Rush. Hannity, or Savage, or whatever your opiate is.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I know, I know. global warming causes global cooling. Those of you that believe this garbage fail to see your circular argument. No matter that the mean temp average over the last decade has fallen.

What's your logic?

Nobody can back that assertion. Not sure if anybody's even trying. :)

In your world, it's still due to global warming. Record cold this past winter is caused by GW. Everyone can see that. LOL Talk about tin foil hats... LOL.
Where's your world, Indiana? Who's everybody, the peeps on your cul-de-sac?

Did you read the article?

enter sandman

We may be going thru a galactic dust cloud (The Photon Belt) that is warming up every planet in the solar system. Can I have my tinfoil hat now?

grapeman

Veteran
no, global warming causes changes in regional and local weather patterns according to the laws of thermodynamics. The earth was cooled and warmed before so we know what it looks like. We know that on a warmer earth with a less salty ocean up north, certain ocean currents shut down. Those ocean currents are the reason that England, for instance, is a mild place for its northern geography.

you deliberately changed what has been said - that global warming creates uneven changes that translate to local and regional warming, cooling, drying, increased rainfall, etc...

You changed it to "global warming causes global cooling", which is something you heard Rush say, not anyone on this thread. Where I come from that is a pretty lame straw man. But hey, we are gonna be selling you water and veggies pretty soon, so fire up that hummer and crank up the patriot radio

Edit: forgive me if you didn't get your little catch phrase from Rush. Hannity, or Savage, or whatever your opiate is.

It's called weather. I said it. Don't attribute shit i say to someone else. Just because you quote that pillar of a genius al gore, don't put me in your class.

I know you wish to attribute it to something man did but check your history.

Pathetic to look at the babble that you think is science. I've read the studies. I've been reading scientific papers for forty years. There was NO science any of the GW papers EXCEPT that we need to further study.
I thought you might know what science is but I'm wrong I see.

But once again trying to get back on subject.
Can no one here point to a particular instance where this Hot Hot Planet is making farmers lives miserable. LOL. thought not.

grapeman

Veteran
I just came in to say that science isn't science and that anyone who objects is an idiot.

:bigeye:

I suppose we need an approved "Accepted Science" sticker on research, but even then people will doubt its authenticity.

Geez. You gave me a neg rep. What a child.

mad librettist

Veteran
It's called weather. I said it. Don't attribute shit i say to someone else. Just because you quote that pillar of a genius al gore, don't put me in your class.

I know you wish to attribute it to something man did but check your history.

Pathetic to look at the babble that you think is science. I've read the studies. I've been reading scientific papers for forty years. There was NO science any of the GW papers EXCEPT that we need to further study.

Can no one here point to a particular instance where this Hot Hot Planet is making farmers lives miserable. LOL. thought not.

Grape, I've known you long enough to know when you are bullshitting me. You have not read dick for studies and you are talking from the a-hole. You got your opinion from a right-wing media performer of some kind, not from doing your own research.

Please don't bullshit me grape.

Please don't be alarmed if I lump you in with others.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
global warming is a concern,if you produce co2 and then dont have enough plants to convert it back to oxygen cause of deforestation then theres somthing unbalanced and then access's and shortages will appear in the eco system.
the reason i beleive it isbecause its proffitable for the people who own/invest in green energy aswell as the polluters who are often one in the same and profit off of both ends of the spectrum.
t.boon pickens is a good example he was confronted by a person stating that theres no way you could get away charging people for the air they breath,his reply was just watch me.
now ive obviousley seen him on TV promoting green energy but later found out hes a HUGE oil tycoon and he buys up freshwater reserves aswell.
this got me thinking hes causing the pollution with oil warming/polluting the planet to evporate all fresh water supplies then the oil/fossil fuels is going to make it impossible to breath then he'll start charging for clean oxygen by the bottle.
so if you invest in green energy ,drink water and breath air he wins.
BTW our lovley little MJ has one of if not the highest conversion of co2 to oxygen!

I love how hemp actually is the thing that could save humanity.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran

Ranchers in Texas are selling off their cattle due to extensive drought.

Farmers are suffering... admit it or not.

We've broken record temps here a couple times in the same week.

And for the record if I had given you a neg rep it wouldn't have let me do it just now..... but it let me... so now I did :D

Refuse science and I'll refuse your hot air.

Why do you call everyone children?

SilverSurfer_OG

Living Organic Soil...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
But what do the sun and the moon say?

Earliest frost in years where i am and short, wet and cold summer.

A bad year for grapes and sweet bud.

I am sure hemp would still do nicely :smoke:

Green lung

Veteran
Derr scientists are so dumb ........I get my science knowledge from construction wrohkers and Sean hannity. LIke any Real american would.........you and your fancy smancy degrees

C

CLOWD11

No matter that the mean temp average over the last decade has fallen.
BZZZT Wrong!
Looks like 2010 was the second hottest on record and theres a typical cyclical drop in 2011.
http://c3headlines.typepad.com/.a/6a010536b58035970c0147e1e05a26970b-pi
also...
http://reason.com/blog/2011/02/07/global-temperature-trend-updat

Does this mean if your WRONG about this simple fact that you could also be wrong about other simple basic facts dealing with this topic?? Didnt think so. Your denial is on show for the world to see and you still claim the earth is flat!

I will let you in on a little secret grapeman. The higher temps cause more evaporation. Are you claiming not to have seen the effect of this in the last decade at least. Try a few months..
http://journals.worldnomads.com/safetyhub/story/67938/Worldwide/Travel-Alert-%E2%80%93-World-Floods-%E2%80%93-Policy-Information

Oh and i nearly forgot about the thousands of displaced americans at the moment due to a slight over abundance of H2o.
I spose none of the flooded areas have farms, that proves you must be right yet again.

wakey wakey

Status
Not open for further replies.