What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WORLD CUP GERMANY 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blowmonkey

^ I'd give anything to have a dream like that! :D

What about those Germans, eh? "Die Welt zu Gast bei Freunden"; those fucking German supporters are TERRIBLE. Every game you hear them whistling or boo-ing, what a fucking disgrace they are to football. The game Portugal - Holland they were shouting "schade Holland allest ist vorbei", I mean, some friends you are, fuckers. The games yesterday, it weren't the Brazilian fans boo-ing on half time, or the French fans boo-ing, but the Germans. This is the one thing that really annoys the crap out of me.

So Argentina, fuck those Germans in their tight asses. Show them what football really is.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
....C'mon......C'mon!.......Hurry up England C'mon!

.....saturday England v Portugal....

.....let's see a bit of magic lads!........it will take that to really shine now....

G

im stooked to see soo many futbol fans here in ic.. man being in the us and loving futbol is kinda hard as they think"soccer"is lame... man i ahve seen more blood in "soccer games" than any other sport besides MMA... lol 90mins up and down a massive pitch i would love to see those 300lb linemen from the american football league do that or even a widereciever. FORZA ITALIA

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
easydisco said:
no football today! :yoinks:

yeah man, i am going through withdrawals :biglaugh:
what will it be of us when the cup is over? well, there's the champions league,
copa libertadores, copa america next year will be hosted in venezuela so i am getting tickets for the final :sasmokin: torneo apertuna ! Boca Jrs. forever.

peace!

G

Blowmonkey said:
^ I'd give anything to have a dream like that! :D

What about those Germans, eh? "Die Welt zu Gast bei Freunden"; those fucking German supporters are TERRIBLE. Every game you hear them whistling or boo-ing, what a fucking disgrace they are to football. The game Portugal - Holland they were shouting "schade Holland allest ist vorbei", I mean, some friends you are, fuckers. The games yesterday, it weren't the Brazilian fans boo-ing on half time, or the French fans boo-ing, but the Germans. This is the one thing that really annoys the crap out of me.

So Argentina, fuck those Germans in their tight asses. Show them what football really is.

Blowmonkey - I see your feeling the love for our kind hosts! :biglaugh:
But any chance of a translation for us non - German speakers?

Paz - that book you've got there seems like my kinda book! I've spent a long time in the Himalayas doing pooja to the Lord Shiva.

I'm getting real bad WC withdrawal too. :D I guess I could take this opportunity to take part in another thread!

Paz, you're a Boca Jrs fan huh? My bro went out to South America for a year - got a bad coke habit in Columbia type of thing and just about managed to drag his drug addled ass out of there! :D Foolish boy. But he was telling me about Argentina...and a Boca game he went to and how mental the fans are. They hate River Plate - because they're like a bourgeois club and Boca Jrs are the working mans club....is that right? Something like that anyway.

He came back with an Argentina shirt and a Boca shirt. He insists on wearing the Argentina shirt all the time - even during England games! He's gonna get shot one of these days! :biglaugh:

Anyway, what club team do people here support? Arsenal fan here...still gutted with losing the Champions League final. If England win the WC (still dreaming) then I'll be happy until the beginning of the next season and then the rollercoaster starts again. The English Premiership is gonna be even more quality next season with all the new signings. Chelsea have now bought Shevchenko and Ballack!! They are still gonna be the team to beat. I remember, in the eighties, when Chelsea would get a home gate of about 8000...mostly a bunch of racist headhunting muppets Now they are this global, trendy, cosmopolitan team.

On the subject of racism - did anyone notice the undercurrents of hatred in that French team yesterday - after what the Spanish coach Arragones, had said about Henry last year. Vieira was telling him to shut up at one stage and Henry was the happiest man on the pitch when they won. Fairplay to the French for beating that idiot of a coach....even though I've got nothing against the Spanish players.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4055395.stm

Stoned ramble over..

Last edited:

Blowmonkey

Vision of Shiva said:
Blowmonkey - I see your feeling the love for our kind hosts! :biglaugh:
But any chance of a translation for us non - German speakers?

Die welt zu gast bei freunden: The world invited by friends or something among that line.
Schade Holland allest ist vorbei: Too bad Holland everything is over, in a sarcastic manner.

But I partially blame the FIFA for it. In almost every match there seem to be as many German supporters as there are supporters from the countries who are actually playing, it's all about commerce, getting as many seats full, at the expense of the true supporters.

G

They say this is the most commercially profitable world cup ever - worth 2bn in ad and marketing revenue.

I agree with you about the way these tickets are sold i.e mostly to corporate clients and their families while the true fans stand outside in parks watching it.

FIFA really are a bunch of money grabbing dirtbags.

Oh and cheers for the translation - it makes more sense. I didn't know the Germans did sarcasm..? :D

Last edited:
man, i haven't posted in here in a while... aka since the US blew it. but man, did Brazil kick some serious ass or what. Ronaldo is a pimp and will always be my favorite soccor player, one step above my boy Mcbride. But damn, there have been some good games. Italy and Australia was a heart breaker to say the least. And Argentina got a little lucky against Mexico, I must say. They looked as if they were the better team that day, but could just not score. I was wishing that Switzerland could beat the Ukraine, but the crazy "penalty kicks" had to decide a winner. oh well, thats soccor for you. great games overall though. and can't wait for the 30th, because it's been too long that the world cup hasn't been on the television. enjoy all, cause i sure will.

G

eatlikekings said:
Ronaldo is a pimp and will always be my favorite soccor player, one step above my boy Mcbride.

Err ...just the one...? :D

eatlikekings said:
can't wait for the 30th, because it's been too long that the world cup hasn't been on the television. enjoy all, cause i sure will.

Agreed. Hurry up football...

I'm beginning to get a few jitters about the England vs. Portugal game on Saturday. Portugal are a tricky side. They play a quick, skillful style of football - which is always dangerous. They've got top players - Figo, Ronaldo, Maniche. England will need to do something special if we are going to beat the Portuguese. We lost to Portugal in Euro 2004 - when we should have beaten them really. We badly need revenge for that game.

We've got to the last 8 without playing particularly well but if we peak at the right time i.e pretty bloody soon - then we could go...you know...? All the fucking way. :biglaugh:

Gonna sink a few jars on Saturday either way. It's set to be really good weather this weekend too. (this means a lot to us Brits)

Come on England.

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
V.O.Shiva, greetings my friend,

indeed, your bro is right on the money, river-plate are the posh kids, while boca are the real men lol although all my argentinian family is river-plate fans, but fuck them, i grew up in the rural ghetto so my heart is with boca always. your bro wearing the argentina shirt all the time had me laughing for a while, it is just the type of english thing to do to other englishmen to annoy them lol... gotta appreciate english humour... btw, that book is 'plants of the gods' by schultes and hofmann, great book. doing pujas in the himalayas! you're insane man (in the good sense of the word!). some of them sadhus tend to spice their ganja with datura, talk about 'intense', avadhut! :sasmokin:

i feel your pain about arsenal, i was rooting for them just because i can't stand barca, a dutch franchise lol.
chelsea is just the example of how money moves the world, but i don't know how much longer will they be able to mantain quality football, now they even bough roberto carlos, whom i think should retire :D

the next two days will be crazy, will keep my eye on this thread, you never know what kind of crazy thing someone may say lol.

peace and light!

Last edited:
G

Yeah my bro is a top clown. It kinda runs in our family. We're all a little bit mental... :D
I blame my father but that's another story :D

Anyway, where were we..? Oh yeah football. Paz - do you remember the 3 yellow card incident? Well Graham Poll the ref who gave them has been sent home from the World Cup. :D Fucking hilarious story.

THe best part was the interview on TV - he almost started crying and said "when I'm sat there with my grandson on my knee, I'll have to tell him that I was the man who almost refereed the World Cup final" :biglaugh:

What a mug!

Check out he story...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5130166.stm

Who'd be a referee? :D

Forgot to mention the big game tomorrow night : GERMANY vs. ARGENTINA

Prophetic dreams aside Paz - what d'ya reckon..? Don't want to worry you but I reckon it's gonna be close..Germans on home soil and all that.

Should be a great game.

Last edited:

vidro

heeeeyyy! i can finally post...!
want a portuguese to join the party? ;) eheheh
i just want to say some things about the Portugal - Holland game. if the game was so hot the portuguese sure didn´t fired it up. because then why did Cristiano Ronaldo left the field? nobody here mentioned it. and please don´t come say to me Rooney had the same here in Portugal in euro2004 because Jorge Andrade is a peaceful player, just the opposite of Jorge Costa (a former player from FcPorto with a fiery character).
it was one of those games. i recognize holland could have scored but then again they were allways with one more in the field. Costinha said if there was a little pit in the field he would have hidden in there, after handballing that way.
after that, what does a team when is winning, outnumbered and facing a great team? defend!!!!!!!
there is however a sneaky little bastard in portugueses team: Petit ;) i said it here first eheh.
About Spain, i really thought you were there this time......
Next game against England will be a nice one. Only the game between Italy and Ukraine is not a classic in my point of view but still an unpredictable one.
my 2 cents of a (portuguese) euro!! :)

Blowmonkey

vidro said:
i recognize holland could have scored but then again they were allways with one more in the field.

So you constitute "always" as 15-20 minutes after the second half and the last 5 minutes of actual playing time? Give me a break. All Portugal did was defend, throughout the whole game, looking for the quick counter. They've only gotten dangerous in front of the goal a few times, while Holland was dangerous 15 times at the very least.

Constinha was send off in the 45th minute. Boulahrouz was send of in the 62th minute. Deco somewhere in the eighties. Van Bronckhorst in the last 3 minutes of the game. Actual playing time in the second half wasn't even 20 minutes, the game had been whistled to death. So again, that's really not "always".

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
Vision, lol @ the ref. story, what an idiot...

i forgot to comment on the Aragones' racist comments, the guy is mental, what can i say? he's fat and old and still into race purity mentalities, he'd be lucky to get some of my pity :bat:

man, the Argentina vs. Germany game will be hardcore, there's a whole history behind it going back decades. it won't be easy, and i dunno how much of a prophetic dream the dream i had was, but i am a man of faith :D and if Argentina wins, this will surely balance the force to the bright side of the force worldwide lol, if not, the dark side of the force will keep ruling football... hence why i try to abstain when it comes to discussing all the dirt behind all leagues, fifa, etc... don't be surprised to see some unfair yellow/red cards shown at argentinian players, or a few dives by germans granting them freebie penalty kicks... but it is best to disregard all these things and win straight up regardless of the interests behind the possibility of germany winning.
just check the "logic" behind Ecuador withdrawing all its true players from the game against Germany... anyone who has played football in any kind of league will know that when the coach takes you out and tells you it is 'cause u need "rest", what really happens is that the player starts to doubt himself and his rythim that was cultivated in the past games is screwed... you only make those movements in pro of interests that transcend the game, sadly...

don't even get me started on how Italy passed... wtf was that last minute penalty kick call all about? as if the ref. was tired and wanted to go home as soon as possible... you cannot allow a game this important be decided with that sort of plays imho.

one love!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts