What's new

WORLD CUP GERMANY 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
Rosy Cheeks said:
... It just shows that trying to play defensive football on a 1-0 lead is a mistake, no matter how good a team you've got. Jose Pekerman needs a big kick in the ass for that one.

you got that right Rosy, Peckerman screwed up big time...although Abondanzieri wasn't loosing time i think, at least i hope so! he was really injured.
so long as the germans don't win things will be ok, 'cause the host winning who didn't even have to play qualifying games for the cup would be a disgrace...

G

bella italia..

ahh 3 -0 75 mins in .. looking good..

forza azzurri

Last edited:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
I say the Germans could win without shame, they've got one of the best teams in the tournament. We all know the technically best team doesn't always win the World Cup. In 1930, Uruguay hosted the cup and won. In 1934, Italy hosted and won. In 1966 it was England, in 1974 (West) Germany, in 1978 Argentina and in 1998 France. In a hyped up tournament like this, 50% or more is about psychology, and playing at home is a big psychological advantage. Whenever a World Cup has been played in Europe, a European team has always won, with one exception; 1958 in Sweden, when Brazil won (against Sweden in the final), thanks to an odd little guy called Péle. Let's see if they can pull it off again.

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
^^ well Rosy, that is only partially true, since this is the First world cup where the host didn't have to play the qualifying games, all thanks to the possibly next Fifa president Frank Beckenbahuer (sp?). talk about pulling strings. Now, whether you see this as a shameless thing, that's cool, but i always thought the idea behind the cup was that only the best teams would get to play, and 'best' is only defined in the qualifying games. this has placed an unfair advantage for the host (which already had the advantage of being the host!).

Italy played real well, but Ukraine didn't show much... still, great game for Italy, Forza Italia i hope you get rid of the nazis on tuesday.

peace.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
hazyfontazy said:
but when is there gonna be a world cup of spliff toking ?

It's going down right now, right here in my livingroom, together with two great pals. You're missing out on some outstanding world class puffing.

G

Paz, almost got it right... I should have known that Germany are a nation that don't lose on penalties. In fact it's been 30 years since they lost on pens. They've scored 22 pens in a row now...zey are shvine I tell you. Didn't think a lot of that salute either. Hope there are some repercussions for that Nazi crap.

I think Argentina have been the most impressive team so far in the WC and they are out. That 24 pass goal was one of the highlights so far. Unlucky I suppose but they put up a top show and represented well.

Italians were impressive today...lets hope they can do the Germans.

Look out for England tomorrow lads - we're going to come good. No Deco or Costinha too.

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
V.O.Shiva, now that i am cooled down, i can honestly say that although Argentina represented well, they lacked Will to take this game with them, regardless of how much of a stupid ass Peckerman is (apparently he has left the position already!), it is always up to the players to put the needed heart and intelligence into the games to win them. Basically Germany did not win, Argentina lost, gave up the game by not playing it smartly. shit man, it really sucks...
Germany was pretty consistent in what they were doing, kick the penalties right, and Lehman did his job well... putting all their advantages as hosts, of crappy nazi shit and their bad winner attitude aside, they knew how to manage the situation better and were able to take advantage of it even though they were not the better players/team... we south americans tend to get ahead of ourselves, and usually this results in missing focus from the present moment, when we most need it. but this will teach us i hope. although some players gave out all their heart like Carlos Tevez, man, he played an awesome game. vamos apache!

tomorrow we'll have two amazing games again, all comments welcomed as usual.

peace and love.

Last edited:
G

Argentian seemed to just sit back after their first goal. I think Rosy already mentioned this point but sitting back is not always a good move cf. Sweden vs. Germany.

Riquelme was not really firing today - despite providing the corner for the goal. I think he probably had to go off when he did. If you could have just held on for another 10 minutes we'd have been sat here saying that Argentina were tactical geniuses.It wasn't to be.

edit: And don't forget the Germans are not normal....:D

Oh well, France will beat Brasil tomorrow - England will beat Portugal....expect the opposite! :D

Last edited:
G

Rosy Cheeks said:
If you don't like soccer there's Wimbledon...

Wimbledon lol... only to watch Maria or the Swiss miss play :bigeye: Now thats tennis.

Guvnor

Well Well, ze Germans are through to the semi's with the Italians. I see germany going all the way to the final-although the italian (imo) have the best back fur in the competition, but you got to fancy germany with the home support. Showed last night, the argies were the better team.

England will nail portugal today-i gaurentee it. Right im off down the pub.
C'mon england!!!!

Guv'nor
''Its coming home, it's coming home, it's coming-footballs coming home''

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Brazilian health statistics say that each time the National Selecao scores in a World Cup game, 14 Brazilian men die of heart attack. Let's hope - for their sake - that Brazil won't score tonight.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
It's a fucking disgrace. Ronaldo just turned himself into an asshat, literally asking the referee to give Rooney a red card (they play together in the same club!), and the referee went along. They just have to start using video if they can't deal with dubious situations.

marimbas

Roony steped on the portugese player balls!!! thats a red card IN ALL THE WORLD!!!

Im sorry my dear fellow british... but England is out of the cup... now LETS ALL PRAY SO THE DAMN FRANCHUTES LOSE at least a 4-0 I HATE THEM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts