What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WORLD CUP GERMANY 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

solrebl

Well I feel like Portugal deserved to win. It was a very dramatic match... As for England...y'all know Beckam was da man! I'm praying Ghana beats Brazil. But I think that'll take miracle.

Blowmonkey

solrebl said:
Well I feel like Portugal deserved to win.

You feel this wrong then. Portugal only played football a couple of times, the rest was theatre and wasting time. Holland was the better country, based on effort, possession, chances, etc, they were simply better.

As for England...y'all know Beckam was da man!

The puking man.

G

Unlucky Australia.

I was looking forward to extra time. Italy didn't deserve to win like that.

G

your right italy didnt deserve to win like this but just like that BS red card. come on . its cause FIFA is making big money off the cards this year. 4500euro per yellow card and i believe double for red.. shit last nights game alone was a huge money maker for them..but i am personlly really excited to see ITALY move on.. cause either switzerland or ukraine better bring it.. we are making our run this year... after ghanna shocks the world (i hope) and beats my arch enemy brazil italy should have this wrapped up.. but if anyone is going to pose a prob its going to be germany.

ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
V.O.Shiva, i agree man, really harsh!

anyway, there's no 'deserve' in football, you either win or loose, and to win to have to score goals... australia played most of the game with one man extra and couldn't even come close to scoring, same applies to holland, although holland missed goals in a very amateurish way... here the saying goes: if you don't do the goals, they will do you lol...

peace!

solrebl

Blowmonkey said:
You feel this wrong then. Portugal only played football a couple of times, the rest was theatre and wasting time. Holland was the better country, based on effort, possession, chances, etc, they were simply better.

The puking man.

Sorry bud, but I watched most of the game and I must say Holland though they have many good players were dissapointing. Also Portugal put out a better performance...that goal by Maniche was a pure world class. I felt Holland should have done much better but they didn't. As for Beckham...I feel your pain...he's too good. :pointlaug

G

hey holland should ahve play ruud . i mean how can you not [play one of the best players in the EPL. i mean shit ... should ahve subbed him in but the coach didnt and lost ... bummer asfor the aussies they put up a fight but seriously a man up and italy still had scoring chances...look at the penalties... italy plays precise futbol not super aggresive futbol like the aussies,they tried to throw their wiegth and muscle around and it did nothing.... when italy gets too aggresive the tempers flair. shit we have tempers that just explode... why do you think everyone watches out for totti and gattuso, they ahve bad tempers... i honestly believe if that game made it to OT italy would ahve scored anyway..you either make the goals or you miss the goals ask roberto baggio he will tell you all about missing goals when you need them most

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Italy dives in the box in extra time to steal an undeserved victory from the Australians. Cheating, what a sad way to win.

G

cheatin when they were a man down?? come on.. if you are going to bash anyone bash the ref's they are the one making the super shitty calls on every side of the pitch

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
Blowmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by solrebl
Well I feel like Portugal deserved to win.

Quote:
As for England...y'all know Beckam was da man!

The puking man.

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
italy has always dived and acted nothing new.

As for the referee's they are always the most dissapointing thing about world cups.

HOPP SCHWIIZ!!!!!!
I think Switzerland will still not concede a goal. Zuberbühler will get WC mvp.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
Italy deserved to win but not like that. The ref was a disgrace. The fact that Italy was a man down for 40+ minutes should tell you that the Aussies did not take their chances well. Cannavaro is a beast, Materazzi is a liability and Nesta will be back next match. Buffon is a saint. Our attack is iffy and I wish Lippi would have brought different players. Inzaghi will be our man to change our game. Good luck to the swiss against the ukraine. We will probably be seeing you next round. :smile:

Blowmonkey

solrebl said:
Also Portugal put out a better performance...that goal by Maniche was a pure world class.

And that really was the only chance they really got and it went in. After that they've gotten maybe 5 in total, Holland has gotten more than 20, we had more possesion, we made the actions, we played the football. We didn't defend our asses off with 10 men behind the ball, Portugal did, we played with 6 attackers in the end and 2 real defenders. We didn't act like Figo did. If there's any team that put out a better performance, it's Holland, not Portugal. You'd have to be blind to come to the conclusion you came.

Portugal, Spain and Italy are all cheating bastards. They've always done it. Ever since the schwalbe had been introduced by the germans these countries have been perfecting it. They're pretty much the only countries actually training on it. I find it pitifull, it's no football, it's dirty.

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
2 very close calls, 1 for each team, both hit the cross bar.

HOPP SCHWIIZ !!!

Another half and no goals against the Swiss. :moon:

Last edited:
G

Watch out for Sheva chaps! Good battle so far...not a great game to watch though. Senderos is a brilliant defender for you Swiss but not missing him so far. He is an Arsenal player though so his quality is understandable...

"You'd have to be blind to come to the conclusion you came."

If love is blind then football is blinder.. :biglaugh:

Don't worry blowmonkey - England will do 'em in the quarters. I know that must be of great comfort to you right now. Ah don't mention it.. :D

Last edited:
G

~The penalties will be the most excitibg thing about this game!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts