What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WORLD CUP GERMANY 06

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Whoah this is hotting up nicely.

Vision of Shiva, i suck at making predictions, my prophetic skills are lacking hehehe...
i thought the Czeks will win, but now it is half time, they are 1 goal down and 1 man down... but still, at this point, anything can happen, loving this cup!

Oh well - I'll have to be prophetic on my own then! :D I've got lucky with 4 from 4 so far..... or was it visionary? ;)
I thought the Czechs missed Koller overall. Italy are just Italy. Apparently they haven't lost in open play in the World Cup since 1986...so they've lost on penalties but never through being beaten in 20 years. Not bad huh?

I thought Brasil cruised to victory in the end with Ronaldo equalling Gerd Muller's record 14 World Cup goals - and that was despite being a stone overweight. He doesn't even have to be fit and he can still score 2 goals for you. Amazing. It has to be said that Brasil are slowly getting better and better.

The US are out. Too much of a bad start against the Czechs. They played their best stuff against the Italians and almost toppled them but Ghana proved a bit too strong for them. I thought the penalty decision was a bad one but I've only seen it once. The commentators here were saying that it was harsh. Can't have too many complaints though overall. Not good enough...a bit like their foreign policy! :D

Graham Poll, the English referee, managed to give a Croatian 3 yellow cards. :D The first time that 3 yellow cards have ever been shown in the history of football!! What a plum! And he was being tipped as a potential referee for the final.

Bring on France vs Togo. I think the French should beat them. Unless Togo get an early goal and Henry and Trezeguet start bickering and the whole team self capitulates! It's out of their hands to some extent - if the Swiss and South Korea draw - it's bye bye France. Still going for a Swiss win and a French win though. But then the Koreans can be dangerous too and the Swiss aren't that great a side. (ramble ramble)

Rosy I find it a bit sad that the Swedes are looking to topple the Germans in this way but then perhaps they're onto something there. So let's hope so. :D

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
HOPP

HOPP

HOPP SCHWIIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!
France better hope we don't invoke the neutrality of 0-0.

If the Swiss tie Korea are they still group leaders, thus evading Spain? :chin:

Go Togo! :woohoo:

Last edited:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
trichomefarmer said:
HOPP SCHWIIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

France better hope we don't invoke the neutrality of 0-0.

If the Swiss tie Korea are they still group leaders, thus evading Spain? :chin:

Go Togo! :woohoo:

LOL :biglaugh: invoke the neutrality and send the frenchies home :sasmokin:

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
Vision of Shiva said:
Graham Poll, the English referee, managed to give a Croatian 3 yellow cards. :D The first time that 3 yellow cards have ever been shown in the history of football!! What a plum! And he was being tipped as a potential referee for the final.

say what!? i missed that :biglaugh: later i watch a show on tv about the happenings of the day, lets hope they bring that up...

well, as i said, Brazil can turn a game in the blink of an eye, they're sneaky bastards i tell you! :yoinks:

also, if you start getting more correct matches, i am gonna ask you for some lottery numbers :D

peace.

G

PazVerdeRadical said:
say what!? i missed that :biglaugh: later i watch a show on tv about the happenings of the day, lets hope they bring that up...

well, as i said, Brazil can turn a game in the blink of an eye, they're sneaky bastards i tell you! :yoinks:

also, if you start getting more correct matches, i am gonna ask you for some lottery numbers :D

peace.

Paz, he gave a Croation 3 yellows. He was throwing them around like confetti. He's one of those refs - contentious decisions galore. I'm not sure anyone really picked up on it, it was late in the game. The BBC commentators did though.

:D If I get any more correct matches...I'll start putting some money on this shit myself.

mexicanmafia

Dank Galore!
here's one for you verite!
germany_2006_1.jpg

hehe! enjoy!

mm

naga_sadu

Although most of our ppls here vouch for Brazil, I wouldn't be mistaken if I said they put a very ordinary show this world cup. Argentina looks quite serious, on the flipside tho. The hosts are also doing quite well. And what happened to Cameroon this time 'round??? In general, I tend to like the underdogs...and for that, the Iranian team. But, they dissapointed big time in this tournament...

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
France - Togo 2-0, France qualifies for the 8th's and takes on Spain. Anybody noticed that the French played better without Zidane? The team's still kind of slow though, the only player that really tries to make it go faster is Frank Ribery. Can you believe that this guy has turned down two offers from Arsenal and Manchester United?

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
Spain sat some of their better players and still won today but their defense looked suspect in the second half. When they play all their starters against France they should be able to get the win if they focus.

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
HOPP SCHWIIZ!!!!!!!!
Top of the group and the only team do not give up a goal.safe like the banks i guess.
horns are honking and cars are getting rocked back and forth, lots of singing tonight.

Next is Ukraine.

HOPP SCHWIIZ!!!!!!!

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
holy shit, our "genious" president is on every channel of national t.v (the only channel showing all the games of the world cup is a national tv channel) with some duffus remembrance of some duffus battle... fucking a! i wish i had satellite tv along with 90% of venezuela´s population... lets hope he shuts the fuck up before the argentina vs. mexico game...

naga_sadu

holy shit, our "genious" president is on every channel of national t.v (the only channel showing all the games of the world cup is a national tv channel) with some duffus remembrance of some duffus battle... fucking a! i wish i had satellite tv along with 90% of venezuela´s population... lets hope he shuts the fuck up before the argentina vs. mexico game...

Chill dude, at least your national TV broadcasts the world cup....

...and yer prez kicked the DEA out, so he can't be all that bad???

Heh, yea. It kinda blows when the prez's start speaking of battles and bloodshed in a football season...that too the world cup. But don't you have access to cable TV such as ESPN etc? Or were they ejected out as well...?

Last edited:

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
thank goodness they stopped broadcasting it on all channels (just goverment channels now) and we got the game transmitted from min. 20 first half... people got real mad about that... naga, all south american countries get the world cup on national tv, either way we would take down all forms of goverment :biglaugh:

the swedes are gay btw... why are all teams playing so badly when they play the germans? they're not even marking the germans wtf... i don't get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts