What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WORLD CUP GERMANY 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Would be fun to see Walcott play, I figure the next game is his only chance. Sven's never going to put him on the field untried in a quarter or semi. Moving down on four forwards (after Owen's disappearance) is a mistake IMO, but we'll see.

mexicanmafia

Dank Galore!
portugal 2 = mexico 1. we lost... but we are still in the next round! iran and angola tied at 1 goal ea. mexico was playing really bad! they need to get their things together for the next round! mexico don't look like the mexico a year ago in the confederation cup in germany!

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
^^ yes, plus Marquez had a real bad day: gave passes to the opposite team, provoked a penalty kick, kind of injured his own goal keeper... real salty dude, too anxious it seems. now we have to wait with whom will mexico have to play against, either the dutch or the argentinians. peace!

G

Those bloody Swedes - still haven't managed to beat them since 1968!!!! Last minute equalisers never bloody help.

Positives: Joe Cole's goal (see that? :D)
Steven Gerrard - immense as usual and scored a lovely header.
Negatives: we didn't bloody win!
Michael Owen doing his cruciate ligament in.
Serious hangover today!

Oh well - I've just got my head back together after managing to spend about £70 on beer last night. At £2.80 a pint that takes some doing. Must have bought one of the dumbest rounds in history - costing me about £40...talk about bad timing - "I'm just going to the bar anyone want a drink?" And all of a sudden you have got mates that you never knew you had!! Oh well - what goes around occassionally comes back around.

The atmosphere in our local boozer is getting better and better for the England games though.
8 plasma screens - one giant screen - bbq all evening. I'm surprised we haven't got bloody cheerleaders on the bar!

Missed the Portugal vs Mexico game. Fell asleep. I know it was 2-1 from the post match highlights and there was a dodgy sending off decision against the Mexicans.

Verite - I love the way the English girl is sat there with split c*** shots and her clit peirced. Good girl!
Oh and I reckon the Serbian lass had been getting a good pounding the night before. :D I wish I had the job of painting their shorts...what a great job that'd be!

Last edited:
G

I think the beer's still talking.... :D
Time to roll a joint and get ready for, what will hopefully be, a great game tonight.

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
GO HOLLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE
:woohoo:

what does Argentina do for cannabis users .... nothing.

where are the coffeeshops? who should you be supporting?

get with the program already.

Last edited:

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
So basically Holland came out not to play football but to mark each Argentinian player, this is what is termed as ´anti-football´, you don't play and all you do is not allowing the other team to play, and await some kind of opportunity to score... so now it will be Holland vs. Portugal, and Argentina vs. Mexico.
good game though, Holland was lucky we were a bit off in our shoots :D

G

A fairly disappointing 0-0 draw - considering that this was the big game of the draw.

I like the way Argentina plays it's football though - they look comfortable on the ball and just don't give the ball away easily at all. They came up against a good Dutch defense tonight and they just shut them out for the most part.
Messi, Riquelme, Teves, Rodriguez looked brilliant at points. Some of their movement and play was spot on. If Rodriguez's effort had gone in - that would have been a lovely goal.

Anyone see the Serbia vs. Cote D'Ivoire game...? Now that's what the WC is all about.

OK Here's my predictions for the last 16 and so on.

Ger vs. Swe
Arg vs. Mex
Ita vs. Aus
Switz vs Ukr

Eng vs Ecu
Por vs. Ned
Bra vs Gha
Spa vs. Fra (still going with them but it could be S.Korea here)

Predictions for Quarter Finals:

Ger vs Arg
Ita vs. Switz
Eng vs Por
Bra vs Esp

SFs:

Ger vs Ita or Arg vs Ita
Eng vs Bra or Bra vs Por

Final:

Ger vs. Eng or Arg vs Portugal final

Winners : England win 1-0 and Walcott scores the winner.. :D

Or: Argentina win 2-1 maybe...?

Last edited:
G

Doesn't make much sense really as I'm saying Spain will lose to Brasil and Portugal will beat them. Not sure of the logic in that.

I reckon the Germans will be hard to beat and may beat the Argies in the quarters but locic says that Argentina should win this. I wouldn't be surprised if the winner of these two goes onto the final.

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
Vision of Shiva, i see it kind of hard for Italy to even pass to the next round, although as it is, anything can happen, your predictions sounds well though, watch out for Sweden and Brazil though, specially Brazil, those suckers can play really bad and still win, it is irritating hehehe...

t.farmer, not saying "anti-football" is bad, heck, this is what Italy has always used and it works; i am just using the term that describes that kind of game... in contrast, Brazil always lets the other teams play, hence why they described it as Jogo Bonito (pretty game/playing pretty).

peace!

G

Paz I'm going with Italy to beat Czech tomorrow.

Ghana to beat the US. Actually, that means that Ghana will be going through in second place.

That is a mad group - anyone could still go through.
It could be Czech and the US going through in theory. I'll stick with Italy for the time being as they are top of the group on 4 points followed by Cze and Ghana on 3 points and then the US on 1 point.

You're right about Brasil (although I'm thinking that they'll only go as far as the semis this time around.) and you don't have to tell the English about Sweden... :D

I'm sure most of my predictions will be wrong but you got to have a go :D

Paz - have a go mate. This page will help:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/worldcup/2006/standings/

We could all donate a bud to any entrant who gets closest!! :D

Last edited:

BoB91

Penalty Kick Us vs Ghana???????

Penalty Kick Us vs Ghana???????

what a bs penalty kick for Ghana.
Bob91
:fsu:

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
Vision of Shiva, i suck at making predictions, my prophetic skills are lacking hehehe...
i thought the Czeks will win, but now it is half time, they are 1 goal down and 1 man down... but still, at this point, anything can happen, loving this cup!

Bob91, here they are not showing that game, they only show the goals once they are made, interrupting the Italy vs. Czek R. game. i only got to see one replay of the fault that produced the penalty kick, but the ref. (Marcus Merk sp?) in that game is usually pretty solid. It was funny seeing Arena act as if the world was committing a great injustice unto them though :D
anyway, Go Ghana!

peace!

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
I've scrutinized the Swedish sportspapers, and it seems like they're opting for a 0-0 strategy against Germany - in order to win on penalities (the Swedish team has been practicing penalties all day). If they get away with it, they could actually brake the Germans that way. The Dutch defense was impressive, they managed to neutralize the best team in the cup (so far) and might actually go far if they continue with the same strategy. That miserable French trainer Domenech has opted for a 4-4-2 system tomorrow (which the French normally don't play), using Henry and Trezeguet as forwards. Has he got a clue what he's doing? I wouldn't put my money on the Frenchies, then again who would? Ronaldo's not in shape, I wonder how fast he runs a hundred meters nowadays? They will have to lean on Ronaldinho and Kaka to make it all the way. I'm sceptic, but who knows?

PazVerdeRadical

Veteran
harking back to the pentalty kick against the u.s, after seeing a few replays, the ball obviously hits the defense on his forearm, not only does the ball hits him in the forearm, but he stretches his arms when he sees neither him nor the ghana player he is marking will reach the ball on the air, he does this as a precaution, because he doesn't know if he has another player from ghana behind him... so it seems like a fair penalty kick.

Rosy, the dutch did a great job at neutralizing argentina's game, you would see 2 or 3 and even 4 dutch player surround tevez, messi, rodriguez or riquelme when they had the ball, they also covered them very well so passing the ball to either of them would be a uncomfortable. If what you say is true about the Swedish, it will be one hell of a game, since the Swedish as well as Germans are notorious for scoring goals at the last minutes of the game, so it could go either way... i wouldn't trust penalty kick abilities even if you have trained a lot, during a televised world cup game, nerves can always betray you, and mexico proved this yesterday!
i doubt the french will advance too.
All i know for sure at this moment is that in the next round the vibe is way different, it is either win or loose situation, no second chances, so anything can happen!

peace!

edit: btw, the assistent of the coach of Ghana is Venezuelan, so here in Venezuela there has been a split for the possible Brazil vs. Ghana game, here everyone roots for Brazil (not i though), but now many are rooting for Ghana because of this, plus it seems Ronaldo asked a Venezuelan guy why did he root for Brazil when he was not Brasilian, so many based on that comment have stopped supporting them... the crazy things of football! :yoinks: :confused: hehehe

Last edited:
G

!

!

trichomefarmer said:
GO HOLLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE
:woohoo:

what does Argentina do for cannabis users .... nothing.

where are the coffeeshops? who should you be supporting?

get with the program already.

DRAW! WE both win, besides Ernesto Kutchner's shennanigans argentina is the birthplace of Che Guevara! Viva la Revolucion! Personally I love spain and hope to see brazil and ghana go far, maybe japan too.

Nothing against the Dutch as I am all inclusive in daily life, but incase you felt I was betraying holland in any way dude, sorry that was not the case.

Besides, your The Trichome Biker Tour farmer, we are both united under the flag of "HAZE".

salute..

KGB47

"It's just a flesh wound"
Veteran
The group of death proved too much for the US, that and our coach made horrible decisions and the players didn't show us much heart. The officials this World Cup have been pure shit, the most yellows of any finals that i can remember. The referees have been deciding the matches and that's not supposed to happen. Oh well.... AUSSI....AUSSI....AUSSI.!!! :woohoo:

Rosy Cheeks

dancin' cheek to cheek
Veteran
Rosy Cheeks said:
Ronaldo's not in shape, I wonder how fast he runs a hundred meters nowadays? They will have to lean on Ronaldinho and Kaka to make it all the way.

It seems like Ronaldo logged on tonight and got pissed off by what I wrote. Two goals against Japan kicks up his market value somewhat...

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
A great day of WC... america goes home, an African team goes to semi's, as does Australia and the socceroos. Brazil gave us a handful of goals and maybe the commentators can shut up about Ronaldos weight, even if he was a 100 pounds heavier he'd still be a better footy then they'd ever hope to be.
14 world cup goals, no ones scored more.
nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts