What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

World Cup 2018

Cvh

Supermod
My bet for the finals will be either:

Belgium - England

or

France - England

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Looking at the Red Devils bios, several play in the UK - Manchester, Chelsea etc.

The Red Devils had some weakness - giving up possession too easily, But no others had the mastery of attack that Belgium has. When you see a pass across the box and any one of three forwards can take the pass depending on where the goalie is - That's brilliant!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Belgium sporting ; Kevin De Bruyne, Romelu Lukaku and Eden Hazard as 3 forwards will be very hard to beat by the English team...

I don't reckon that the English side can quite match those 3 strikers up front to score goals.
Whether the England defense can deal with them will be the crucial decider of that match methinks.

Remember Belgium have already beaten England in the group stage.

Last edited:

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think the England lads have a clue what will await them back home if they actually pull it off and win it again. I'm old enough to remember the '66 win like it was yesterday and the whole of the UK will go completely bonkers if they bring that treasure home!

Even as I am a proud Welshman and it pains me somewhat to do this but - Come on England!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Although I was only 6 years old at the time Iffy, I too remember it well with 'World Cup Willy' the mascot etc......that's got me thinking, do the England team have a mascot this time around?

Yes.....and the whole country went absolutely into celebratory top gear, ahhh sweet memories.

*I'm half-Welsh too on me Mum's side, (from the Rhondda Valley)

I don't think the England lads have a clue what will await them back home if they actually pull it off and win it again. I'm old enough to remember the '66 win like it was yesterday and the whole of the UK will go completely bonkers if they bring that treasure home!

Even as I am a proud Welshman and it pains me somewhat to do this but - Come on England!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
picture.php

B

Bird~friend

picture.php

-
... my surnames welsh
N.Wales "St Asaph" i ti'nk

Last edited:
B

Bird~friend

Come on FranGiuM ! :D ...

^ Video's been removed.

( C'mon Belgium , France won the Cup not that long ago)

-
:comfort:

Last edited:

Cvh

Supermod
Oh well. They played excellent this tournament and made it very far.

Tomorrow is the semi-final match between England and Croatia.
Whatever will be the result from this match. Don't let the French take the cup in the Finals!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It was a very close match between the French and Belgian teams.....Hazard had a few good shots at goal and the Belgian team looked like they were almost dominating the French in the first half, but the French rallied well to come back in the 2nd half and score.

So if England manage to beat Croatia on the morrow, then it will be a France v England World Cup Final.

Hopefully England wins both games......and they become World Champions, for the first time in 52 years.

Latest posts

Latest posts