What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Woolybear's 300w LED Grow: Triesel, Server Fund Beans + More

woolybear

Veteran
The fem #3 is definitely a keeper, based on yield alone! Little larf, lots of well-developed side branches.

I love the UK#2. So chunky and crystally.

Fem #3:

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
Harvest Fem 4

Harvest Fem 4

Information from the Mj horticulture book that is applicable to my crop:

- how to tell when ferts affect taste - Leafs brittle @ harvest
the fem #3 has brittle cola leaves, got to flush it good

- do not water for 2-3 days before harvest

- when flushing allow at least 10% to drain out (need to do this tonight)

- harvest leaves if they show signs of disease or rapid yellowing (
#4's cola leafs)

- harvest when 50% of trichs are milky for absolute peak I would say fem #4 is almost if not already there. #4 does not look to be indica dominant so not much reason to take the trichs to amber?

HARVEST PICS

Main cola, 20g wet:

picture.php

main nugs:

picture.php

some dried nugs and larf:

picture.php

51 oz wet (not countning larf) 3.5g dryish bud. So dry I'm looking at 13g for the wet, for a total of around 17 grams, not counting the couple of nugs I've already smoked. So a bit more than 1/2 oz!

That'll do for now! :smoke out:

If I keep this fem4 around, next time remove all stems except for the top couple of rows.

woolybear

Veteran
Day 62

Day 62

Week 8 Day 62

FYI: Flush started 3/20 for UK2, MOD, Fem#3. Ready 4/2.
Start UK1, Fem#2 on 4/2 for 2-week flush, Finished 4/16.

Trich Report

MOD - 90% milky, 10% amber. Definitely ready to go after flush
F1 - Mostly milky
F2 - Didn't check
F3 - Mostly cloudy
UK1 - 65% cloudy
UK2 - Mostly milky, some dark amber. Chunkier buds than UK1

Yield? Winners?

I think the UK2 will be solid in yield and quality. Same with the UK1, depending on how it fills out in the coming weeks. No larf at all, chunky nugs thru-out.

I don't expect much out of the Menage a Trois, but the 'erb it yields will be the hardest-hitting out of my crop. It has remained a tight little bush thru flowering. 90% milky trichs with amber.

The other downside with my MAT is that the clones are very slow growers... I may have cut them too late and they had to reveg?

Fem2 is looking average to light on the yield. It was my favorite in the beginning as it had a strong bubblegum odor.

Fem3 yield is looking solid. Lots of side nugs.

Fem1 should give about .5 oz. No surprise there.

Fem3 leaning over:
picture.php

UK1 leaning over, trussed together limbs:
picture.php

Dansk Diesel side:
picture.php

dd top:
picture.php

edit: I have good vibes for the dansk diesel, as shown earlier the single dansk diesel on a stick's cola is bigger than any other in the garden.

Thanks el clandestino, we'll return with a smoke report after a little cure in a couple of weeks. I didn't expect much out of the chopped #4, the smoke shall be the final judge!

woolybear

Veteran
Note to self:

Can take plants to 80% amber trichs and yellow leaves for maximum body stone. I haven't had weed with a good body buzz in years, think it will be worth the wait!

I think the plants can make it by the end of the two week flush... the MOD Menage a Trois is the closest there... :dance013:

edit: will aim for 40% amber 60% milky no clear per el c... =D

edit: kw31 answered one of my questions.... "maybe i wait till 50% amber... from cloudy to amber maybe 10days

So my plants trichs should be amber by the target harvest date, which is 6-7 days from now... =D

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
Loving it Woolybear. Great grow mate.
Got to be harvest time by your last post(7 days ago) , happy days.
Hope you get some tasty buds.

woolybear

Veteran
Hey Mr Biggs, thanks for keeping up!

I was set to harvest this weekend, but the trichs on my girls were at the cloudy stage, maybe 5-10% amber. Was going to wait till they were 50/50 amber cloudy.

Also, it's been one of those 'real life supercedes the grow room' type of weeks lol... Rest assured, the girls are there, waiting... as am I!

I'm pretty sure I chopped the first girl too early, that dang jorge cervantes book... to recap:

jorge cervantes says to chop when 50/50 cloudy clear

headies at ICM (including the mighty DG, dutchgrown) shoot for 50% amber....

cash croppers (i'm thinking) like JC, chop at 50/50.

I say cash croppers as I went and bought some bud a lil while ago, looked at it under my magnifying glass, lo and behold... 50/50 clear/cloudy, no amber!

Now, do genetics make a play in this at all... do varieties mature at a given time with no amber trichs?

Wierd everybody, the difference between 9 weeks and 10 is only 7 days....

Will update soon!

woolybear

Veteran
Week 10 Official!

Week 10 Official!

So today is week 10. The girls won't be awake for a couple of hours, will check out trichs then and report back.

I must admit I checked mostly lower buds last time. Maybe the upper buds are more mature? Oh so close to harvest, the goal is 50% amber.

Here are milky (cloudy) trichomes:

milky_trichs.jpg

Here is an awesome trich-covered plant which is about ripe I found by searching ICMAG, Grower: l33t, Strain: Neville's Haze:

edit: dont get me wrong, the j. george dvd was entertaining and the book is a great resource, I would just point out 50/50 clear/cloudy is about the earliest you can take herb, but it won't be super strong couch lock shit?

I am going for the 50% amber as it seems like 0% of 'commercial' erb is allowed to ripen to that stage and that's my goal.

my 4-day jar cured fem #4 smokes smooth, burns to mostly white ash and a decent buzz so far. Not sure if its a keeper yet!

woolybear

Veteran
JAZ Rose Spray

JAZ Rose Spray

note for next run; using this increases trichs in weed. Need to read thread for dosage:

Pre-mixed concentrate PGRs in solution:
1. Jaz Spray: contains methyl dihydrojasmonate (MDHJ), has a similar effect to methyl jasmonic acid (MeJA). However, using methyl jasmonic acid (aka methyl jasmonate) is preferable for increasing glandular trichome density (X trichs over Y area). If my quickly done math is correct, application rate as suggested on bottle (45 ml per quart, with 0.68% MDHJ (w/w) in 453.6 gram bottle that has a volume of 473 ml), the ppm is ~300-310 (depending upon molar mass of MDHJ).
http://www.jazsprays.com/Jaz-Rose-Sp...trate_p_8.html

from this thread Plant Growth Regulators (PGRs) thread

picture.php

edit: The general consensus seems to be that the "Jaz" product should be used at 1/2 - 1/4 strength, as a one time spray application during the second or third week of flowering.

budlover123

I've seen people flush in a bath tub with unbalanced tap water running slowly, after the flush it was fed with pH balanced water though, I've never seen it done without adding nutrients right after.

woolybear

Veteran
Menage a trois day 73

Menage a trois day 73

I plan to chop my Menage a Trois tomorrow or day after. It is currently at day 73. So that would be the exact same day reddy1 chopped his a few years ago (see post #32).

edit: The smell is like candy berry hard candy. This plants leave are still green and shiny. No nute burn at all, ever... this girl can take some ferts! :D

Maybe I can get a better camera between now and then! Here are some pics:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
dang it, bought too many pickles!

Trichome report

- majority mostly to 100% cloudy. Waiting for 50% amber.

Still in contention
UK cheese x super silver chem haze #1
- leaning over. still going.
UK cheese x super silver chem haze #2
- may be ripe by tomorrow. Will check trichs b4 the girls wake up. If 20% or more amber = chop chop

fem#1 - all cloudy. Want to chop this one soon.
fem#3 - n/a
fem#2 - n/a

MoD MaT - now in 24/hour darkness period, out of the main tent. No more flush, drying her out. Day 73-74 or something, its done.

dansk d #1 (stick) doing great. Dunno how many days flowering.

dansk d#2 (the mothership) probably need to LST again. Some colas falling over. Ditto on flowering time.

That's it!

woolybear

Veteran
Chopping the Menage

Chopping the Menage

Man, u need 'erb to take u thru the trimming process. I am saving the trim from this batch to make cannabutter. Thanks for dropping in reddy1!

Here are the pics from the trim last night. About to start trimming the main cola... I am going to reveg this one!

Oh yeah... I forgot... PURPLE!

The undersides of just about all the leaves are purple! How interesting. Left more leaf in the trim to show off the purps.

I am surprised by the yield so far. First batch was 60 grams wet, so maybe 15 grams dry... so I think this will be a 1 oz plant! :dance013:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
So today is week 10. The girls won't be awake for a couple of hours, will check out trichs then and report back.

I must admit I checked mostly lower buds last time. Maybe the upper buds are more mature? Oh so close to harvest, the goal is 50% amber.

Here are milky (cloudy) trichomes:

milky_trichs.jpg

Here is an awesome trich-covered plant which is about ripe I found by searching ICMAG, Grower: l33t, Strain: Neville's Haze:

edit: dont get me wrong, the j. george dvd was entertaining and the book is a great resource, I would just point out 50/50 clear/cloudy is about the earliest you can take herb, but it won't be super strong couch lock shit?

I am going for the 50% amber as it seems like 0% of 'commercial' erb is allowed to ripen to that stage and that's my goal.

my 4-day jar cured fem #4 smokes smooth, burns to mostly white ash and a decent buzz so far. Not sure if its a keeper yet!

.....:yoinks:....:woohoo:......:headbange !!!

woolybear

Veteran
week 11, day 76 - fem #1 chop, mat finished chop

week 11, day 76 - fem #1 chop, mat finished chop

mood: currently vaping sugar leaf trim from the menage a trois. oh yeah! :dance013:

note: all the pics are wrong, its fem #1 I chopped, not #2. oops!

So fem #1 is so utterly different in bud structure than all my other plants. Here's a shot of the fem #1 cola and my menage a trois cola:

picture.php

again:

picture.php

The fem #1 is chunky and dense. Most flowers have a dry tuft of orange hairs. Color is neon green with yellowish flowers... the innermost leaves reminded me of cabbage leaves.

I am going to try and reveg this one. This one could be a winner, solid chunky nugs, no larf.

Fem #1 has one little seed growing from a bottom bud, not sure if its in the pics. Wonder how that happend!

Here's the fem #1 cola:

picture.php

I think the from this one will be around .5 ounce. Could see this plant doing awesome if its in a SOG setup. Mild fragrance, like a soft cantaloupe.

If anybody has any idea what kind of plant fem #1 could be or looks like, post your idea here. Is there a cannabis visual chart I can look up? :good:

Here is the MAT cola close up:

picture.php

So different than fem #1. Mild berry candy smell. Very sugary, purple on the bottom of leafs.

I am going to check the trichs on the rest of my plants tonight... Should be ready soon as today is pretty much Week 11!

Sunday 4/10/2011 = 76 days

woolybear

Veteran
Week 11 Day 76

Week 11 Day 76

Week 11 Day 76

Flush started Day 52 for UK2, MOD, Fem#3.
Flush started Day 68 for UK1, Fem#2 for 2-weeks, finished Day 82.

Trich Report
F2 - Didn't check (in the back of the tent)
F3 - Cloudy some amber
UK1 - Cloudy some amber
UK2 - Cloudy maybe 20% amber? Chop chop very soon.

Summary: Hurry up already trichs! Need amber! :cathug:

Need to repot and trim rooty balls of two plants im revegging, fem #1 and the mat.

The fem#1 nugs will have better bag appeal that the fem #4 and other fems, because they are so chunky.

The uk#2 nugs are chunky and colorful. I noticed the main cola erupted a new mini-foxtail or pistil burst? Like a barnacle.

woolybear

Veteran
mid final chop update

mid final chop update

hi all,

Took the Fem #3 and UK#2 down after a couple of days in the darkness.

UK#1 and fem #2 are in day #2 of darkness, plan to cut the uk#1 tonight.

Smell note - taking the skunk uk cheese out of the tent and into a different room for darkness, it REEKS! Pretty much pure skunkiness. Do skunks smell like cheese in the UK? :p

Here are pics of the uk#2 nugs. I have more pics of the fems but they haven't been switched over to the new server or something!

picture.php

picture.php

Fem #1 and the Menage a Trois are curing. I may have overdried the MAT as I put some of its buds in a cardboard box, whoops. Was to lazy to put them on hangers that night!

So the dry totals are:

Menage a Trois - 24 grams
Fem #1 - 18 grams

I'm sure if I had topped the Fem #1 and vegged out the MaT the yields would be higher... still good for now! UK #2 looks to yield at least a oz I'm hoping?

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
VERY NICE SHOT MAN, YOUR BUDS LOOK SO DANK, enjoyed in harvest time, i also interess for menage a trois that look amazing...can't wait for the smoke report from this one!!

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
Excellent mate, they look stunning, that menage looks tasty and the #2 looks dangerous. What's she smell like ? Had any tastes yet?.