What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Woolybear's 300w LED Grow: Triesel, Server Fund Beans + More

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
That's one frosty garden.:respect:
That MOD looks great.
What a shame you binned that C4D male, could have been gold.Any reason you didn't use it?.

You gotta watch them Danes and HFH, they keep putting great genetics @low prices, in peoples gardens.Sneaky.lol.

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
hei wooly congrats for the very nice plants, still fat chunky nugget that look so dank friend..i'll be watching !!!

woolybear

Veteran
That's one frosty garden.:respect:
That MOD looks great.
What a shame you binned that C4D male, could have been gold.Any reason you didn't use it?.

Actually, the 4SD male was just put into the bin queue, it's still alive... I tend to put off culling plants :p

So I have a mooch755 4SD male hanging out in my spare room, what would be your plan of action with it? Its about 1m tall, take some healthy cuts and then bin the dad?

Grow out the cuts and get an envelope of pollen? That would be fun to have around... I have a feeling there aren't many people with 4SD pollen hanging out in the fridge... Sounds like a new DIY project lol...

Male flowering box, using CFLs and a small box/cab!!!

@killerweed31 thanks for stopping by! I appreciate the dankness good wishes!

woolybear

Veteran
dansk diesel m / f ?

dansk diesel m / f ?

I am pretty sure my remaining danskdeez plants are male. The female I have showed sex about 1.5 weeks ago, these others, no pistils at all. One is a 100% boy, he is heading to the composting heap.

Actually, I would be fine with these four being male as I don't have room to flower them. The one female DD I got (1/5 it looks like) is in flower, looking to be a monster if I can keep up with it! :dance013:

I LST's my DD mom last nite, responded well. Looks like I have 3-5 tops. They are within 6" of my light source however :(

My two scenarios if this girl outgrows the tent is to lay her down on her side, maybe 120 degree angle, or move her to out last-choice location and install a 600w barebulb situation.

:smoke out: smoke out in the future, I may have to clip a bud off one one of my girls due to my lack of bud, emergency deal, what grower hasn't done that?

Note: The MOD Menage a trois is a very slow-growing clone. No branching or stretching at all, much different than my other cuts. Is this an indica trait? I'm pretty sure I cut them during veg time.

Medical-marijuana-Comic.gif

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
Nice you still got the male, If it came from mooch it must be a F2 which is good.Personally i would hit everything, especially the D Diesel and the UKCxSSCH as they have common parents.
It's a slippery slope keeping males, i find i have more males than fems allot of the time.
A male flower chamber sounds great, there is a thread by JLP isolation chamber.
But if you don't have the room like me, just stick the male into flower wait for the clusters to form and remove before they open, chop some branches and stick them in a glass of water, place on a window seal or in the dark, i prefer the dark.Like this

peace

S

sm0k4

Lookin good Wooly. Surprised you let em get that tall with an LED light. Lookin good though, some good smoke to be had for sure.

woolybear

Veteran
first test nug burned

first test nug burned

Thanks for the tip and photo mrbiggs!

Sm0k4, this was my practice run, next crop will definitely be flowered sooner! :whee:

My only concern is that I'm not sure I got a clone of the fem #1. Its buds are very chunky and unique... I have a few unlabeled cuts, hopefully one of them is that one...

Speaking of tall plants, I tied down the dansk diesel some days ago, its now a 5-headed monster. No crystals yet but lots of bud sites. Have about zero popcorn nug sites, good stretch. :whee:

Smoke report! I chopped a very little nug off the uk #2 or #1. :smokeit: Its been drying for about 4-5 days, so that would put the harvest time at day 50.

Lots of crystals. Burned very well, a good amount of smoke in the bong. Had a very tiny amount, maybe .2grams about 10-15 mins ago. I would describe the effect as 'medium toasted.' Definite heady stone. Not harsh at all. Can't really remember the taste, wasn't unpleasant. Let's check back in about 20 minutes.

woolybear

Veteran
Rotate the plants. Still nicely toasted after 15 minutes. Notes:

- Bowl I smoked earlier wore off a little while ago
- took a nugget off of fem #1, gave it a grower's trim
- UK2 lower buds are filling out nicely. Not much popcorn
- Little dansk diesel is turning into a cola on a stick
- F3 is looking to be a winner. Tied her up, was on the verge of falling over! Lots of popcorn
- F4 main cola is chunkier than the others. Lots of popcorn

Will update with new pics later!

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey man nice grow, good job. Takes some skill to flower that many tall plants under 300 watts! :respect:

One thing is certain, LED works :canabis:

woolybear

Veteran
Day 54 update

Day 54 update

Thanks for the props SOTF420! I must give much thanks to the igmag community for the knowledge!

I read a post somewhere where the dude wrote he had never seen any LED buds bigger than a quarter... mine are a quarter and a half!

Next to think about is flushing. Should 7 days do the trick? For the heck of it I'd like to try the 'ice flushing' or 'ice shocking' or something like that I read about in one of DMT threads I think.

Dansk diesel on a stick:
picture.php

Other DD:
picture.php

UK1, F2 and F3 in back
picture.php

UK1 and menage a trois
picture.php

UK2
picture.php

F1, Dansk diesel
picture.php

Chunky Femme 3
picture.php

F1 chopped side nug

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
Note to self: Props to SOTF for letting me know about the T5 strip lights. Found this link to them on another thread:

http://www.greners.com/grow-lights/...5-fixtures/sun-blaze-t5-ho-4-light-strip.html

Sun Blaze T5 HO 4' Light Strip $29.95

They are great the little thin light strip ones made by a few big lighting names out there work great and use very low wattage and run pretty cool they don't really make a big impact on resources but they surely make a huge impact on the garden health & vigor! The ones I use can be daisy chained together and only use like 24 watts each I just put them all around the perimeter of the plants in a growlab tent it's easy to just use heavy duty black zip ties that are light & heat resistant to secure them to the poles and across the sides it's really not that hard if you get the right ones. Check out the sunblaze and sunblaster T5 light strips I am pretty sure those are the two best ones out and you want the 6400/6500k light temp which is full spectrum with the nice 740 nm range spectral spike.

Last edited:

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tiphat: The T5's give some much needed completion to the LED spectrum, namely that 740 nm range needed during flower. They really improve the overall light quality in your garden. :canabis:

Keep up the good work brother! :plant grow:

mrbiggs

ICMag Donor
Your the LED king Wooly, plants look great mate.:respect:.
Flush: If your feeding them chem nutes, you probably want a 14 day flush at least. Uk2 looks to be chem leaning and looks ready for a two week flush(also the MOD and fem3).Uk1, Fem2 , Look like they can go an extra two weeks. Wooly have you tried reducing the N around four weeks from harvest?and whats ice flushing?.

Wicked update Wooly.

woolybear

Veteran
Flush: If your feeding them chem nutes, you probably want a 14 day flush at least. Uk2 looks to be chem leaning and looks ready for a two week flush(also the MOD and fem3).Uk1, Fem2 , Look like they can go an extra two weeks. Wooly have you tried reducing the N around four weeks from harvest?and whats ice flushing?.

Wicked update Wooly.

Hey hey hey! Tomorrow will be week 8, so I think it's time to switch to flushing! I really appreciate the advice on the finish time.

I am using jack's pro hydroponic nutes 5-12-26 plus calcium nitrate (which is nitrogen fertilizer according to wikipedia), 50/50 of each. I think it may be a bit too late to change the nutrient mix for the ladies ready to flush, but for next time the same company makes a bloom booster (meant for orchids :D) that is 1-3-2 I could try.

So I guess I can reduce the N in my mix by using less calcium nitrate! I'll do that with the longer flowerers.

The advantage to the Jack's pro is that I got about 2 years worth of nutes for $10 + Shipping :dance013:

I don't think you can get jack's pro in the UK, here's a link to the thread where I learned about it:

By far and without a doubt, the least expensive conventional, synthetic fertilizers

The ice flushing aka 'shock ripening' is from DMT's '420 light medical grow.' Quote:

(we) always "shock ripens" their plants with 3-7 days darkness and the coldest water possible. it turns immune response into hyperdrive and adds wieght density, flavour and aroma to already medical grade genetics...
and:

flood the pots with the coldest water possible, harvest in 3 days of dark or continue with more ice and dark for 3 more days. plants can live a long time in darkness, and ive seen amazing results with 10-14 days days shock ripening, d
and from someone else:

I will also vouch for this I use shock ripening , and it adds mass resin , This is how i was taught , and just figured it was to signal the plants that winter is here , and they ooze with resin, have had good results...
So its basically having the last 3 or so days in 100% darkness, supplemented with icing up the water supply. Its free to do, why not?

I am going to go smoke a chunk off of the fem #1 nug I harvested 2 days ago and take a shower. Its amazing how time flies... it's almost April! And April is harvest time!!!!!

I also do have at least two mothers of all of my plants except for fem#1. Here's a sneak peak at my next project:

picture.php

GDP Haze from Connoisseur Genetics... which would be Grand Daddy Purple x OJD's SSH cut. Fun!

woolybear

Veteran
mod + MR bigg

mod + MR bigg

and here's a pic of the MOD and mr biggs seed packs, to not leave anybody out!

picture.php

woolybear

Veteran
Day 55 photos

Day 55 photos

UK2: I think there's some purpling? Will have to check later.
picture.php

MOD Menage a Trois
picture.php

F1
picture.php

Dansk Diesel on a Stick
picture.php

Uk1, Dansk Diesel (Day 27 flower)
picture.php

Tested the F1 bud. Pretty stony so far. No bammer weed so far!

:dance013: :greenstars:

woolybear

Veteran
Checked this morning, Fem #4, back row left, looks like its starting to die, or wants food. Droopy fan leafs with some marks on them, yellowing lower leafs in the larf area. Been flushing for 2 days, think it may be ready to go for the chop sooner than the others?

Going to push the remaining plants to 9-10 weeks if I can, in no rush. I can continue grabbing side buds!

woolybear

Veteran
Fem #4 Prechop pics

Fem #4 Prechop pics

Day 58

Fem #4 has been in darkness last 24 hours, ice cubes chilling her down. I am not really in a hurry, can leave her in the dark for another couple of days... or I may chop her tonite!

Chopped a nug off of #4 a few days ago. Will take a picture of it or save it to see if there's more resin on the budz after the total darkness with ice.

If I run #4 again, will definitely lollipop 'bud on a stick' it, as the bottom couple of stems are pure larfy.

Pics of Gypsy's Feminized Mix #4:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Yield guess on this one? 1/2 - 2/3 an ounce I think... I just squeezed the nugs and cola, they are think and chunky.

woolybear

Veteran
Just got done actually flushing #4. Her runoff was blue, the same color as the ferts! Probably a decent buildup of salts I guess!

I am going to flush they other plants as well. I ran 3/4 gallon thru the fem till the runoff was clearer.

edit: the only sucky part is making ph-adjusted water. Does ph matter as much when you're flushing?

UK#2 and Fem #2 ran clear. Fem #3 runs blue, doing more flush.