What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

woodworking

Timj

i also love to work with wood, when i was young i made an education as a cabinetmaker. after almost 30 years i decided to use my old horsestable as a workshop and bought some almost antique machinery for very small money and startet my old and almost forgotten profession again. here is one of my last projects, a workbench for a friend of mine, made out of maple and chestnut, wich got roaked with samiac spirit after finishing, to change the color of the chestnut-wood:
That's a beautiful work bench @Ultramarin. You're a fine craftsman.

Cuddles

i also love to work with wood, when i was young i made an education as a cabinetmaker. after almost 30 years i decided to use my old horsestable as a workshop and bought some almost antique machinery for very small money and startet my old and almost forgotten profession again. here is one of my last projects, a workbench for a friend of mine, made out of maple and chestnut, wich got roaked with samiac spirit after finishing, to change the color of the chestnut-wood:
you have NO idea how much I envy your workshop! You can´t see my yface - but it´s totally green!! :biggrin:
:p 👽

Ultramarin

table i recently made:

1.jpeg
2.jpg
3.jpg

hamstring

Veteran
Yes, a little.

This is one of my favorite projects. A table with only one flat surface. Carved with a chainsaw, angle grinder and sandpaper. Birdeye maple veneer on top and finished with a tung oil/polyurethane blend
My dad has a woodshop and so I have always understood craftsmanship. That is a elegant table my friend.

The choice of maple gives it that clean european look. Those curved legs really help lighten up the piece and even though the table top is so chunky the curved base just lightens the whole thing even more.

Very elegant piece of work (y)(y)

Last edited:

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
doh, I forgot to take a picture while out there earlier...the aluminum strips that hold it down are beveled one at a time for the best fitment...it's finished with 10 coats of shellac, the first coat was thinned 75% and each successive coat was used with less alcohol to gain maximum penetration...that's some pricey wood...I didn't need much as tomorrow pics will show...the truck is hand built...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
most of my "woodwork" these days is turkey box calls and the arrows i build. love purpleheart ! dang difficult to work with, but boy is it tough/heavy. you don't want to inhale any of the dust though...:eek: some of the exotic hardwoods can put you in the hospital!

Latest posts

Latest posts