What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

woodworking

T

TheForgotten

Yes sir
One or two of the pieces pictured on this site were built by myself, it's a hobby though, my work is masonry related....
https://www.josephswoodenstuff.ca

Mission style pine furniture, for some reason i think this was one of mine....
picture.php

davers

I also interesting in woodworking and metal working. Recently bought cool tool for my work -heat gun. I read some info about it on protoolsadviser Seekone heat gun has LCD screen for easy temperature readings.

Last edited:

Bobby Boucher

Does Dremeling count? I just picked up a Woodcarving Dremel Kit last spring, and am "warming up" with practice pieces.

Pumpkins are fun!!

View Image

picture.php

I don't have any pics of the more detailed ones I've dremeled, for whatever reason, but here's one I did for my GF to bring to work. I was flattered when it got stolen right away.

Timj

Here's another project I do every fall for gifts. I hand carve these with a rotary grinder.
I thought I'd rough out some Black Cherry pipes. It will be a few days before I finish any.
20211214_173533.jpg
20211214_173630.jpg
These are shaping guides I turned on my lathe. These will help me with the next step of shaping the pipes to final dimensions. This needs to be done prior to carving them.
20211214_230024.jpg
Here are a few finished pipes. I re-sand the inside of the bowls and they are ready to gift away.
20211215_185726.jpg

Cuddles

Here's another project I do every fall for gifts. I hand carve these with a rotary grinder.
I thought I'd rough out some Black Cherry pipes. It will be a few days before I finish any.
20211214_173533.jpg
20211214_173630.jpg
These are shaping guides I turned on my lathe. These will help me with the next step of shaping the pipes to final dimensions. This needs to be done prior to carving them.
20211214_230024.jpg
Here are a few finished pipes. I re-sand the inside of the bowls and they are ready to gift away.
20211215_185726.jpg
that´s some really nice woodwork! How long would you say these pipes take you from start to finish?
I once watched a program about pipe making on TV. They showed a professional and all the steps and so on. I´ve been wanting to make one ever since :) sadly I don´t have the necessary tools at home.

Last edited:

Timj

that´s some really nice woodwork! How long would you say these pipes take you from start to finish?
I once watched a program about ppüe making on TV. They showed a professional and all the steps and so on. I´ve been wanting to make one ever since :) sadly I don´t have the necessary tools at home.
Thanks @Cuddles. They take about 3 hours to make one from start to finish. Hand sanding takes up most of that time. But, they are fun to make and folks really appreciate them as a gift.

mike-or-ozzy

Very nice wood and work TimJ, I am new here but do wood work of all kinds. Also into canna tincture making but don't want to go offtopic.
20211214_173533.jpg
20211214_173630.jpg
20211214_230024.jpg
20211215_185726.jpg

Timj

Very nice wood and work TimJ, I am new here but do wood work of all kinds. Also into canna tincture making but don't want to go offtopic.
Thanks @mike-or-ozzy and welcome to ICMAG. I'd love to see some of your woodworking. I'm just getting my feet wet here on ICMAG too. I've been a member for a long time. But, I have only just started posting here. I'm sure if you use the search feature you'll be able to find a tincture thread to add your knowledge too and or learn from.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
love woodworking, and really enjoy seeing others work. most of what i do is hand carving pipes from walnut and deer antlers i am gifted, plus i make my own arrows for bowhunting. got the old tools i need to make Native American style self-bows, looking for straight osage staves (rare) or hickory. twisted osage is everywhere...:rolleyes:

Timj

love woodworking, and really enjoy seeing others work. most of what i do is hand carving pipes from walnut and deer antlers i am gifted, plus i make my own arrows for bowhunting. got the old tools i need to make Native American style self-bows, looking for straight osage staves (rare) or hickory. twisted osage is everywhere...:rolleyes:
They sound like some interesting pipes @armedoldhippy.

Timj

Intarsia Dragonfly and Pelican.
20220407_192000.jpg
20220407_191732.jpg
I wanted to try wood burning also, this is black walnut. It is the serenity prayer. I also wanted a challenge, so did this Mountain lion in Padauk. I'd never suggest using 3/4" Padauk to scroll saw and image like this. It is a dense wood that dulls blades quickly due to the silica content of the wood.
20220407_194935.jpg
The playing card covers my signature.

Last edited:

Ultramarin

i also love to work with wood, when i was young i made an education as a cabinetmaker. after almost 30 years i decided to use my old horsestable as a workshop and bought some almost antique machinery for very small money and startet my old and almost forgotten profession again. here is one of my last projects, a workbench for a friend of mine, made out of maple and chestnut, wich got roaked with samiac spirit after finishing, to change the color of the chestnut-wood:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg