What's new

WL White Ice

cfunk

WL Harvested!
Hey JS, Neon!

Thanks for keeping involved guys.

Glad you mentioned the trichs Neon, crazy isnt it? Lower bud sites not close to being finished.

I do know where I have gone wrong with this grow, and will certainly plug those leaks on my second grow to create a better yield & healthier plant in the small space I have atm.

Packages say I have another 10-20 days to go (45-55 flowering), but I am thinking more along the lines of 20-30, apart from the one on speed, she clearly wants to finish first :D

cf

neongreen

Veteran
Hey cfunk,

Why not harvest what's done now? If you leave it longer, it'll probably be over-ripe. Trichs continue to change color/cannabaloid profile after they are cut and whilst they are drying.

I screwed up some Cali-O by letting every trich turn amber. Actually it was probably already screwed up due to the heat in my grow room. Wish I still had the pics! It looked amazing, but I lost them when the old Cannabis World forum was raided and the servers confiscated.

I doubt light leaks had anything to do with it, but I suppose there is always a chance.

If you did not change fix anything after they started flowering (and providing you didn't shine a torch or something on them during the dark period), any leak serious enough to affect photoperiodic response would probably have stopped flowering altogether I think.

Were the plants that are behind in an area where you know there is a leak?

BTW - check out this thread about Nitrogen, which has implications for flushing: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=120376

"Zoxy"

Hello Cfunk,I love your thread,becose of it i cant wait to grow my own White Ice.I have a pack waiting and will plant them in a week or two.Plants look healthy and delicius they just need to bloom for atleast 3 weeks i belive.Its looking like my Gforce from FD in same period.
Good luck with it and ill be checking for your new pics:p

cfunk

WL Harvested!
Hello Cfunk,I love your thread,becose of it i cant wait to grow my own White Ice.I have a pack waiting and will plant them in a week or two.Plants look healthy and delicius they just need to bloom for atleast 3 weeks i belive.Its looking like my Gforce from FD in same period.
Good luck with it and ill be checking for your new pics:p

Hey Zoxy, glad I have inspired you to grow your white ice :D

I think a couple of them are going to run 45-55 days as per packet, rest maybe a week longer or so.

cfunk

WL Harvested!
Day 39 12/12

Day 39 12/12

Pics of one of my plants at 39 days 12/12, picture of main bud nearly ready, however the lower bud sites are underdeveloped in comparison hmm.

I think besides this plant other 4 will go another 2 weeks before I chop.

However I am thinking this one will be done in up to a week.

picture.php

picture.php

cfunk

WL Harvested!
Small update, cloudy trichs, 70-80% red/brown pistols... starting to develop more on the lower buds also.

Close to harvesting this one plant do you think? any input?

truace

Im not sure how similar White Ice and ICE (from marijuana-seeds.nl) are, but I just finish harvesting my ice at around 70 days and judging from the buzz it could have easily gone for another week for two. So I dono you might have a ways to go.

cfunk

WL Harvested!
One of my ladies gonna get the chop tomorrow I think :eek: crazy and exciting!

The other 4 are probably going to need another week.

Will update tomorrow with pics if I decide to chop her down :D

jonezin

Hey cfunk, I just wanted to tell you that I still haven't harvested my White Ice yet. Today is day 74 of 12/12 and I still don't have ANY amber trichs. They are pretty much all cloudy though so I could chop it any time now I suppose. I don't know why I don't have any amber trichs yet??? I'm almost 3 weeks beyond the 55 days max that they claim for this strain. Maybe they just want us to order seeds more often. I'll take a pic later and post it so you can see what mine looks like now. My big fans (leaves) are all crisp and nasty looking since I've been flushing for about a month now. I should have waited to start flushing for 1-2 weeks after I started I guess.

cfunk

WL Harvested!
Hey cfunk, I just wanted to tell you that I still haven't harvested my White Ice yet. Today is day 74 of 12/12 and I still don't have ANY amber trichs. They are pretty much all cloudy though so I could chop it any time now I suppose. I don't know why I don't have any amber trichs yet??? I'm almost 3 weeks beyond the 55 days max that they claim for this strain. Maybe they just want us to order seeds more often. I'll take a pic later and post it so you can see what mine looks like now. My big fans (leaves) are all crisp and nasty looking since I've been flushing for about a month now. I should have waited to start flushing for 1-2 weeks after I started I guess.

I had the problem with the fan leaves for flushing a little early, and I am only around 45-50 days for all ladies.

Other 4 ladies are cloudy to amber around 40/60 ratio, but the one plant (shown above) is mostly amber with few cloudy trichs and 90% red/brown pistols showing. So thinking I am gonna chop her down, maybe a couple a days early at most but should be fine, and it gives me something to smoke and learn from! :D

Looking forward to the pics of ur ladies jonezin.

cfunk

WL Harvested!
Lady 1: Semi-Trimmed and drying.

Lady 1: Semi-Trimmed and drying.

Cut the first lady at 45 days 12/12 (45-55 f/p), the rest of them are going to go the full stretch >55.

She had like 70-80% amber trichs and 90%+ pistols, wanted to cut her down to taste/smoke and get a good idea for the rest of my plants, and obviously will be nice to have some homegrown :joint:

:woohoo:

Couple of other things worth mentioned, CFL excellent way to grow in a small space and flowers absolutely fine. However I am thinking of expanding my current space for my next grow and going back to HPS for flower.

Some pics of trichs and hanging...

picture.php

picture.php

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
mate I see a GOOD amount of amber in there. amazing how quick this one finished, shame you didnt know sooner, would've been nice to clone... very fast finisher indeed :D

looks like a real "thump" of a hit coming your way soon... :D

don't rush to dry it... I do mine in 4/5 days. I hear of others taking 7 and some others taking 14... keep checking it.. if you can, weigh a bit, when its 20% of the wet weight, its ready to jar up :smile:

good on ya

j

cfunk

WL Harvested!
Nice man! :D

Enjoy the homegrown!

:D Thanks MEDS, I have pulled up a seat on your grow, looking awesome!

mate I see a GOOD amount of amber in there. amazing how quick this one finished, shame you didnt know sooner, would've been nice to clone... very fast finisher indeed :D

looks like a real "thump" of a hit coming your way soon... :D

don't rush to dry it... I do mine in 4/5 days. I hear of others taking 7 and some others taking 14... keep checking it.. if you can, weigh a bit, when its 20% of the wet weight, its ready to jar up :smile:

good on ya

j

Yeah I wish I had cloned her now, but ahh well we learn from our mistakes!

Not sure what weight I am gonna get from them all, but won't be much, but certainly enough to tidy me over for a while :D.

Next grow I am going to go HPS for flower, increase size of grow and get some quality genetics, you have any recommendations?

I much prefer indica dominant strains, so if you have any pointers let me know!

Thanks for sticking with me man, and four more ladies to go! :D

neongreen

Veteran
Congrats mate :smile:

I'm with you on the HPS for flowering. The extra penetration/intensity compared to CFLs is worth it... as long as you have the appropriate ventilation.

As for genetics... I haven't bought any for a while, so I'm not 100% sure whats best right now. I haven't even grown out 1/10 of the strains I collected, and I've only grown out small numbers under less than ideal conditions most of the time, but I can recommend Nirvana's Hindu Kush if you want something that will kick your ass and does not cost too much. Nirvana seem to get good feedback in general I've noticed. You can't go too far wrong with them I think.

Same with Mr Nice, although the seeds are slightly more expensive (keep in mind you usually get 18+ beans in a pack). Medicine Man or Devil should do the trick. PM Shanti on here and he'll sort you out :wink:

Paradise is also good. Sensi Star is a classic heavy hitter, easy to grow and beautiful to boot. Mine didn't turn out too potent, but then I only flowered a single female!

Other breeders/strains I'd look out for: Motarebel, if you can find his strains. Herijuana is a legendary ass kicker if you can find some. Cannabiogen's Taskenti... :wink:

Enjoy your homegrown mate :smoker:

cfunk

WL Harvested!
Picture of a bud I dried early, just going to give her a little test so rolled up a "baby joint" (don't like smoking until the little one has gone to bed!).

As for the other 4 ladies, 3 of them maybe finish Mon-Wed next week, and one seems to be very slow and gonna take another 1-2 week.

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts