What's new

Will the real Purple Kush stand up?

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
got a good veg pic???? Those pics are kind a terrible to id the plant its trimmed up to tight... a good veg pic leaf shot would help greatly...but I can tell ya it's not lvpk... the 2nd pic taking a long shot blind folded possibly looks GDP ish but even my GDP don't purple that way. Leaves get black with the buds... my homie used to run a cut polar bear that would grow tiny super purple buds on green plant if I recall correctly it was either Urkle or GDP x blueberry, came from big bear ca... not sure where he got it ... .

Unk_OG

More pics

More pics

got a good veg pic???? Those pics are kind a terrible to id the plant its trimmed up to tight... a good veg pic leaf shot would help greatly...but I can tell ya it's not lvpk... the 2nd pic taking a long shot blind folded possibly looks GDP ish but even my GDP don't purple that way. Leaves get black with the buds... my homie used to run a cut polar bear that would grow tiny super purple buds on green plant if I recall correctly it was either Urkle or GDP x blueberry, came from big bear ca... not sure where he got it ... .

That piece is not trimmed at all. As I said it was a piece down low that I cut off accidentally at end of week three in flower. It was not trimmed up, just accidentally cut off. I have real GDP also and mine anyway, are two totally different plants. I have Triple Purple Doja and Mendocino Purple Kush also. I have some really bad neurological problems, from a neck injury that affects my arms and legs, basically my whole body. I don't know if it has something to do with the anthocyanins that cause the purple coloration or if the purples are higher in CBD, Who knows, but they really help me. It makes my body feel the same way It feels when you touch a 9 V battery your tongue. Come on we've all done it. I know that may seem weird but if you knew how my body feels when I get home from work every day, to have that electrified feeling run through me from head to toe, to just be able to feel different for a little while is a godsend. Which is why I'm looking for advice on what this might be in order to try and nail down how to properly care for it . As I said it's quite finicky. Thank you so much for all of your input and I look forward to more. Here's one shot of it in veg under HID, sorry. I'll take some good pics of leaves and branch structure in normal lighting when I get home.

Attachments

• IMG_0622.jpg
    IMG_0622.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 20

Unk_OG

I don't know why these pictures keep turning sideways. They are not sideways on my phone or on a computer.

Unk_OG

Here are pics of cuts that went into cups 5 days ago and pics of one of my adults, about 3 foot. The one I lost at 6 weeks didn't stretch but maybe 6"-8" which I thought was great but unusual. Hope these help shed some light on its genetics. Either way it's a great Purple plant that I can't wait to see all the way through flower finally! Flipping the room this weekend!

Attachments

• IMG_0639.jpg
    IMG_0639.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0640.jpg
    IMG_0640.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0641.jpg
    IMG_0641.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0643.jpg
    IMG_0643.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0647.jpg
    IMG_0647.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0646.jpg
    IMG_0646.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0645.jpg
    IMG_0645.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0644.jpg
    IMG_0644.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0650.jpg
    IMG_0650.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 14

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The LVPK tasted floral, and kushy like hindu kush, and has a very nag champa smell in the mix as well. After a good cure it gets very skunky. This leads me to believe the lvpk cut is pk X skunk #1, and leans about 70 percent to the pk side of the genetics. The LVPK in my opinion is superior in all ways. It yielded more. it was as frosty as tom hill's dc. It stretched more which was good for my scrog. \

I now think the lvpk is Afghani x purple paki. Still don't know for sure. She's still in my grow room and kicking ass though.

Hello ICmag'erz:wave:

I remembered this thread and I finally got ahold of a PK SR71 cut and flowered her and WOW... this looks like some FUN stuff... I grew it in an 8 gal Rubbermaid trash bin using Subby's supersoil and a handful of additives like CalMag, Liquid Karma, Great White Shark, Hygrozyme and Greenfuse Bloom Stimulator...

These pics are at day 50... I'll probably chop her at around 65 days...

I just got ahold of an LVPK cut a month ago and I can't wait to put that up against PK SR71... No complaints here bout PKSR71...

Peace~!:cool:

This looks most like the original PK that comes to memory was always a nice green to violet blend and tasted like purple candy more creamy sweet than the grape sweet from GDP/Erkel

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
I now think the lvpk is Afghani x purple paki. Still don't know for sure. She's still in my grow room and kicking ass though.

Funny you say that... there is was an old clone called afpak that is hella similar to lvpk... I also believe the la affi, lvpk, afpak, bubba , n the non og pure kush to all be some what related... what she really is....everything is speculation till DNA proof... but if lvpk is kushmans its nlxpaki according to him...
Still got lvpk to and homie is working on getting other Stoney's rhino sour bubble back in fam to...

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Here are pics of cuts that went into cups 5 days ago and pics of one of my adults, about 3 foot. The one I lost at 6 weeks didn't stretch but maybe 6"-8" which I thought was great but unusual. Hope these help shed some light on its genetics. Either way it's a great Purple plant that I can't wait to see all the way through flower finally! Flipping the room this weekend!

Much better pics someone should be able to help... I don't know what ya got though...

3rd-3yed

Veteran
@ Unk OG: Your plant remind me more of some darker phenotypes that can be found in the Pakistani Chitral Kush line from Cannabiogen and Ace, but also could be from another Chitrali line as they often displays those type of colors...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i remember back in the early 2000's we would get purple kush from the koreans in los angeles, it cost $450-500/ounce and was some of the best herb i've seen to this day. Sometimes i too wonder if that stuff is still around, and if so why cant i find it

mazar_man

Crazy how similar the Hash Zeppelin’s Las Vegas Purple Kush cut is to the BC Purple Kush I have. For sure if not the actual same cut they are very closely related.

Attachments

• 14913DF6-1D64-4D52-9BDA-3AB137FF53C1.jpg
    14913DF6-1D64-4D52-9BDA-3AB137FF53C1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 32

Unk_OG

Thank you!

Thank you!

@ Unk OG: Your plant remind me more of some darker phenotypes that can be found in the Pakistani Chitral Kush line from Cannabiogen and Ace, but also could be from another Chitrali line as they often displays those type of colors...

Thanks! I know that’s not a definitive answer, but it’s a start and I will look into that line as well. Like I said before if there is anyway of possibly identifying it, I have a good feeling it will be someone in this thread who helps out with that. Thanks for the tip!

bigherb

Veteran
i remember back in the early 2000's we would get purple kush from the koreans in los angeles, it cost $450-500/ounce and was some of the best herb i've seen to this day. Sometimes i too wonder if that stuff is still around, and if so why cant i find it

My feelings exactly top 5 ATF

475 a zip . I seen OPK before OG Kush , any purple Kush these days is not even close to the original.

1luvbigherb

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
would have to agree with ya big h............closest I've seen is what breeder brad holds..........but have yet to sample......
the last I encountered was in '82 .......I was moving wt. from Garberville to the Cruz.....the demand for the PK was tremendous..............same connect had limited supply of the Chilean Indica hyb which was top shelf gear as well..........
those were the days..........

ganj on........

therevverend

Veteran
There was real Purple Kush in Seattle in the 90's, $350-450 an ounce. Some of the best ever. Very frosty, very tasty, very strong. It was dark purple and very dense. Haven't seen anything like it in the 2000's. It was narcotic, kick your ass type stuff.
At the time I had access to plenty of Mendocino purples, they were different. The Mendocino stuff has a different smell and shape. The Purple Chitral Kush is nothing like it either. Doesn't have the same density, color, or crippling high.
I don't remember anyone having clones or seeds. It was a money maker and whatever circle it was in kept it tight. I wouldn't expect it to be extinct but on the other hand I've seen a lot of other great strains disappear.

Unk_OG

Ok, here are a few pics of my “Purple ______” lol. Maybe not the original everyone is looking for but she sure is pretty,lol. If the pics are hi-jacking the thread let me know, I’ll stop posting them, no hard feelings, lol. Anyway, here they are!

Attachments

• 600FE67C-FC39-40F6-BE05-03F7B697B01B.jpg
    600FE67C-FC39-40F6-BE05-03F7B697B01B.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 5E5E1FCA-6B5E-4C31-9169-A99DED808098.jpg
    5E5E1FCA-6B5E-4C31-9169-A99DED808098.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 24
  • B8ACE3D9-3EDE-4BCF-B87C-FEF273419D0A.jpg
    B8ACE3D9-3EDE-4BCF-B87C-FEF273419D0A.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 24
  • A56F8301-578A-468D-BB0A-CC277CE54463.jpg
    A56F8301-578A-468D-BB0A-CC277CE54463.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 88E5E9CB-2323-45DF-8622-9D03B00573C1.jpg
    88E5E9CB-2323-45DF-8622-9D03B00573C1.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 26
  • 05CF6117-6BA5-4831-86F3-09AC82783D8E.jpg
    05CF6117-6BA5-4831-86F3-09AC82783D8E.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 27

mazar_man

There are so many PK lines. Does anyone know the origin of the original BC Purple Kush? Always wondered about it.

I always figured it came out the purple skunk or purps lines from Vancouver Island but after smoking several purple skunk derived cuts I no longer believe this, never tried the island purple but doesn’t look similar. After going through this thread I am really starting to think it is either same LVPK or a seedline from it or vise versa.

CanadaDank

I always figured it came out the purple skunk or purps lines from Vancouver Island but after smoking several purple skunk derived cuts I no longer believe this, never tried the island purple but doesn’t look similar. After going through this thread I am really starting to think it is either same LVPK or a seedline from it or vise versa.

I think I read somewhere it is an OG Kush cross but I don’t know about that, OG Kush x Pakistani maybe, I forget. It’s def not related to the Vancouver Island Purps. My buddy’s have that cut. The VI Purps is closer related to the Mendo Purps although not the same cut as Mendo.

Latest posts

Latest posts