What's new

Will the real Purple Kush stand up?

Relentless

Veteran
Im gonna post up some pics of my purple kush sr71 cut later..
Ive got a bush thats been in veg.. Havent flowered her yet though :(

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great info...any comments on yeild and flower time? The NL & HP should help in both regards.

The Purple Kush in Mendocino County that the older times keep which is the Kyle Kushman version, is done indoors in 62 days from clone. Most run 15 per light and pull in 1 1/2lbs to 2lbs per light when run in beds, not pots. I actually have personally never seen it run in pots first hand. Only time I have seen it grown in pots is in a picture of Kyle Kushmans grow room.

superjoint

people sure like to re write history on this forum.. i find it funny... when i smoke PK i Know it ..not from some cutting floating around but its hard to forget that plant ..in 88 people called it Purple kush,92 came around guess what ? same Pk ,,95 98 2001, same pk..smells growth taste..2003 -now same Pk... ive also had many people tell me hey check out my PK and it is nothing like the one and only from back in the day... its still in peoples gardens that ive know forever.. i think its funny how people can call anything Purple kush now and not have a clue what they are talking about

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's into 12/12 you PK rascals!!! :D hehe :biglaugh:

picture.php

One love!

TicalionStalion

heres some fire I grew a few years back, still got some beans of her (would hermi alittle on the bottom, popcorn nugs, always reproducing itself)

I got this on a trip to socal, to the valley, got it from a med. club, got a wicked stinky amazing bag of some amazing cali outdoor kush...4 little beaners popped out....brought em back to the east coast...the rest is a wrap! just wish I could get these beans to germ better, they are kinda old now. If I can pull a sweet mom out, Ill be astonished!!

not sure what kind of kush it was to this day. some ppl told me it was "rotten" or "monster" kush ...think this may have been the PK??

http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=268323&ppuser=6668

http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/6668kush_cola_11-10_2.jpg

http://www.icmag.com/ic/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=264257&size=big&cat=&ppuser=6668

http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/6668kush_nov_3_4.jpg

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tom told me that a long time ago..anyway,sure there are several purple strains out there that originated in the Hindu Kush range :)

I think tom is right. I just grew a northern cali Purple Urkle cut right next to LVPK.

the urkle was like grape soda or candy. very indica. it was bad for scrog, which is what I did. It barely stretched at all. I dont think it is close to the real pk. I think the lvpk is very close, but is a little more vigorous.

The LVPK tasted floral, and kushy like hindu kush, and has a very nag champa smell in the mix as well. After a good cure it gets very skunky. This leads me to believe the lvpk cut is pk X skunk #1, and leans about 70 percent to the pk side of the genetics. The LVPK in my opinion is superior in all ways. It yielded more. it was as frosty as tom hill's dc. It stretched more which was good for my scrog. \

I love my lvpk. It is the best strain I have grown to date, and I was very lucky to receive it as a gift from an old OG'er I ran into here who has had it for a long while. I think like 9 years.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the sr71 pk is not the OPK

this is correct, sr71 is no the real deal. I was studying this old thread on kush land races from the hindu kush mountains. He had a picture of the actual purple kush landrace from there. It looks just like the lvpk, and he says it gets skunky with a cure. I am pretty sure the lvpk is the closet thing you can get.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=45423

greenplanetguru

PKSR71... almost THERE~!

PKSR71... almost THERE~!

Hello ICmag'erz:wave:

I remembered this thread and I finally got ahold of a PK SR71 cut and flowered her and WOW... this looks like some FUN stuff... I grew it in an 8 gal Rubbermaid trash bin using Subby's supersoil and a handful of additives like CalMag, Liquid Karma, Great White Shark, Hygrozyme and Greenfuse Bloom Stimulator...

These pics are at day 50... I'll probably chop her at around 65 days...

I just got ahold of an LVPK cut a month ago and I can't wait to put that up against PK SR71... No complaints here bout PKSR71...

Peace~!:cool:

Attachments

• PKday50_1.jpg
    PKday50_1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 19
  • PKday50_8.jpg
    PKday50_8.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 20
  • PKday50_10.jpg
    PKday50_10.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 20
  • PKday50_12.jpg
    PKday50_12.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 23

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^the lvpk is better for sure. it is frostier, and yields better. the buds at the bottom of th lv cut are way dense where as the other cuts arnt.

Unk_OG

What about this little lady?

What about this little lady?

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but the guys in this one seem to be particularly knowledgeable. So I was given this cut about a year ago as PK. I got one adult to six weeks and then had a heat problem that took down everything in my room so I never got to finish one out yet. I managed to keep a couple of cuttings. I threw the injured cuttings outside just to get them out of the house, one of them made a comeback LOL. It's very small, about 12 inches tall from the pot, lol. She was a fighter, I just didn't have the heart to kill it so I put it in a 3 gallon since it was late in the year. It only had about three weeks veg time outside before the light cycle changed here in the Midwest. I'll throw some good pictures of that plant up once I get home.

The two pics I'm going to post our of the plant that I got to six weeks before that he took them down. This was actually a missed cut end of week three when I was removing some veg. Ouch! Here's what I have learned about this particular cut:

It turned this color at 78°. It's very finicky, at least in my room. It doesn't seem to like a heavy feeding of nutrients and is easily burned. It will taco because of too direct contact with fans. It will claw when fed with flower room temperature water. I have resorted to sticking my fingers into the pot three knuckles deep and using my inferred temp gun to measure the pot temperature down inside the soil (promix) and adjust the water temperature accordingly. That stopped the clawing. It does have some grapes scent but it has other smells that I can't put my finger on. So here are the pics of a tiny branch on the bottom that I accidentally cut at week three. So, what does everyone think?

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 16
im running purple afghan kush...from dinafem....I know I heard so so results from them...but I got a straight fire PAK....it is old school affie...hard dense buds like old sensi...but with a grape undertone on the exhale...very nice..everybody loves it

Unk_OG

The little lady outside

The little lady outside

Here are some pics of the tiny purple plant I have outside, middle of week 5. I originally had only one mom so these cuts are the same.

Attachments

• IMG_0627.jpg
    IMG_0627.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0629.jpg
    IMG_0629.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0628.jpg
    IMG_0628.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0630.jpg
    IMG_0630.jpg