What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

will the real MTF please stand up

G

wow..lucky folks that are holding the MTF.I have seriously been considering grabbing a couple of pks and seeing if I get lucky.Your MTF x BH is really nice too Yukon.Great pics and info everyone..BL

pufpufgiv

Awesome Thread!
A question for the guys that are actually growing this strain or have in the past. been trying to get to 50 posts so i can PM u guys.

Any tips on cloning this strain? Can Someone with experience cloning this strain tell me exactly how its workn for them?

I have just recently had 2 failed attempts at cloning this strain. I havent had any real problems w/ cloning other strains.

a clone was given to me by a friend who is entrusting me to help him keep this strain alive. he recieved several from a friend in washington who is connected to said bikers of this infamous/rare strain from the valley of mantunuska. I do not want to argue or get into the Validity of the strain or how it came into my possession. I just need help to keep it alive and help to dial it in and make a few more mothers bonsaia style. The smoke is definatey the most powerful smoke iver ever had in a 30 yr career of pakalolo smokin and the trichs on what i smoked were all clear. and knocked u on yur ass. this is one of the best cannabis for medical treatment not to mention the high is incredible.

Can you expert growers please school me on this topic?

Mahalos

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pufpufgiv said:
Awesome Thread!
A question for the guys that are actually growing this strain or have in the past. been trying to get to 50 posts so i can PM u guys.

Any tips on cloning this strain? Can Someone with experience cloning this strain tell me exactly how its workn for them?

I have just recently had 2 failed attempts at cloning this strain. I havent had any real problems w/ cloning other strains.

a clone was given to me by a friend who is entrusting me to help him keep this strain alive. he recieved several from a friend in washington who is connected to said bikers of this infamous/rare strain from the valley of mantunuska. I do not want to argue or get into the Validity of the strain or how it came into my possession. I just need help to keep it alive and help to dial it in and make a few more mothers bonsaia style. The smoke is definatey the most powerful smoke iver ever had in a 30 yr career of pakalolo smokin and the trichs on what i smoked were all clear. and knocked u on yur ass. this is one of the best cannabis for medical treatment not to mention the high is incredible.

Mahalos
Nothing any different with the mtf compared to other clones. Shes been here for years and never a problem.
To clone its easy. get some rockwool cubes. Or some sort of pellets that expand with water or some way to propagate a cutting. I find a fullsize cube works nice. Like a 4x4 inch rockwool cube works well enough. Get some stuff called rootjuice to mix into a gallon of water. Also get some sort of rooting powder or gell to dip the stem into before you place it into the cube. Get a 2 liter pop bottle and cut it in half using the top to cover your new cutting till it roots. Sometimes it can take up to 3-4 weeks to root a cutting. Also can take as little as 7 days if environment is proper. Temps and humidity and lighting are important. I think there is a sticky about this if you do a little research . http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=46778 Good luck cause the mtf is a great clone. I love her. I noticed that my next one to be harvested must have been dusted with some pollen because i notice quite a few seeds forming. If I had to guess, its the blueberry feminised pollen. So all the seeds will make blueberry thunder**** females. That just sounds too good to me. I'm stoked.

G

Greyskull

pufpufgiv said:
Awesome Thread!

Mahalos

Any info/links/wisdom you could shine down regarding the MTF would be greatly appreciated, and used entirely for the good of the plant and its reputation.

G

Greyskull

Aloha! HEre's some pics of my Matanuska Thunderfuck mom & 12 little ones.

I got her when she was only a few nodes tall in a 3x3 rockwool cube. I plopped her into the 3g Ocean Forest 11/2/07 and she is rocking.

I took these cuts 1/19/08, planted them under the 400s 1/27/08. I think they like me :joint:

Nickm6

I have smoked real MTF before and I too believe it to have a Tang type taste to it. And it knocks you on your ass! I hope to get a clone some day, I know my dealer knows a bunch of hells angels.

mtf-shaman

greyscull looks like you got the cloning thing down pat, great job!! would enjoy some close ups if'n you got them........

G

Greyskull

Aloha mtf-shaman!
I'll be heading into the garden in a short time - I'll be sure to get some nice new and upclose pics of my little ones.
I am so lucky to have been gifted this plant...

mtf-shaman

a most excellent pic CB!!

it will be interesting to see those puppies growing....hmmmmmmm blueberry thunder sounds so tasty........can't wait!!!!

Last edited:
G

Greyskull

What can I expect for length of the MTF's flower stage (in hydro)?
I have been told 8.5 weeks (in soil) by the source of my cut....

Here's the top of mom; I think she's getting the 12/12 treatment next Sunday.

mtf-shaman

we used to run her about 60 days under a 1000w.......of course your times may vary with different lighting....8.5 weeks does not sound unresonable....

G

Greyskull

Super... thanks for the info mtf-shaman!
I am heading outside to get some fresh pics up shortly.

G

Greyskull

Here is the latest aerial shot of one of my dozen MTFs.

Its only day 2 of bloom.... soon I'll have pics of some gnarly colas (hopefully).

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Lookin' good Greyskull!

Nice pics everyone...good to see this thread still alive (I'm very fond of this thread)
Good to see you posting, Shaman.....thought I'd come out of hiding to bump this thread and shoot my sista MTF-Shaman a PM :D

Nice thread guys n' gals :wave:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
All I can say is that all you Thunderfuckers are mighty lucky to have this fine lady. Great pics everyone!

S

socioecologist

MVTF

MVTF

If a Tang tasting lady is one version of MVTF, this be her. Definitely top-notch smell, taste, and effect. Really looking forward to growing her out (rooted, but still breathing humidity).

This MVTF#5 bears the beans of a Sour Bubble male, that will soon be freebies on Seedbay. Should be PURRRTY damn solid! This mama was flowered at 5'' and STILL yielded almost 2 oz.s dry and seedless!
FYI: This pot does NOT smoke good in joints, as the resin starts to DRIP out, about 3/4 of the way through it! Nice earthy taste and a very relaxing, elongated buzz!

G

Greyskull

Here's some of my MTFs... week 4 day 2

Per Canna I am adding PK 13/14 next week... I cannot wait to post some (hopefully) radical MTF buds. Soon... I cannot wait!