What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

will the real MTF please stand up

HarryNugz

Nice shots VT. I tried taking pics of mine today that's at day 34 but they were crap. Will try tomorrow and turn the light off this time or move the plant out.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
This MTF is a frosty strain

This MTF is a frosty strain

Awesome job! I had a bush vegged and transitioned my last run, but had to teardown lol.....that's a good size for her...she looks great bro! :yes:

I had a rough start in bloom this run...gonna veg the next girl to a bush

Here's a couple day 42 macros to match ya :D

Last edited:
P

pSi007

all the pictures in this thread look like skunk hybrids. the real MTF has no skunk#1 in it at all. one day i`ll post some pictures of what i believe is the true MTF. i got the seeds from my 65 year old family member who said they were from alaska 30 years ago. he said it was legal to "grow your own" herb in alaska in the 70s. out of about 50 seeds i got 2 to grow. 1 was a male, and the other was a female. the strain is indica, but does not look anything like the indicas we see today. taste is totally dif, smell, even the way it looks. very light and fluffy, has maybe 15% THC production on a good run. the buzz is hard and heavy.
mixed with champagne clone, the alaska/champagne was the hardest indica i have ever seen. some people called it "crack".. :nono:

[edit]
here is a picture of a Champagne x Alaska thunderfuck, hybrid. it looks by far mostly like the champagne. the alaskan is so far IBL, it makes the traits difficult to show. anyway, i`ll post a picture of a 100% IBL thunderfuck soon.

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Nice shot psi! Yea there is a bunch of folklore surrounding MTF....ole Berk coined a good title for the thread...

I'm at day 49 now

Last edited:

HarryNugz

nice one psi, but it doesn't look any different than the other close up shots of trichome covered buds.

vt, those look great at 49 days! How many days till the chop? Are they a 60 day strain?

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
HarryNugz said:
vt, those look great at 49 days! How many days till the chop? Are they a 60 day strain?
Thanks! Gonna take her to 56 days...my MTF cut is good to go 49 to 56 days....

Here's a day 48 sample I snipped

gromer

Well its a shame but the only pics of the real deal in this entire thread were posted by Swerve.Real ATF goes black,Blacker than anything youve ever seen.Outdoor colas get as big as ones head and matures b4 the end of August.One of the most commonly cultivated outdoor strains of my area cus it finishes b4 all the weight is in and that way you got a corner on the market.That and a ATF ghani cross but it still goes black,black as night.Ive got the real deal cut on the way so I can run it indoors and show yall Im not talking out my ass.But whatever you guys are posting looks frosty as hell and killer,I just think the line must have gotten dilluted somwhere and people just kept the Alaskan name tag.Swerve had it just the way he described the leaves I can tell he knows what hes talkin about,what he had.And what he unfortunatly lost.The flavor too is just one of those standouts.Its strong ,stays on your tongue and is right up there with Sour and Dawg.On that same idea even only different and highly addictive.My old man is buying three cuts and one has my name on it.So itll be coming soon.Shit I talk not.I shall return,Peace,Gromerr Pott!!

HarryNugz

Looking back at the pics swerve posted, i don't see how those are gonna turn "black" as was described! I look forward to seeing yours grow out gromer. Cold temps will turn many green plants dark purple or black. Hope that's not the only way to substantiate the real deal. Most of the plants here are hybrids and aren't claimed to be 100% mtf.

elkslayer

-VT- said:
Thanks! Gonna take her to 56 days...my MTF cut is good to go 49 to 56 days....

Here's a day 48 sample I snipped

Hey VT

I have a cut that I have had for a while which is MTF x C99. I can emphatically state that your nugs are identical representations of what I have in the clone I mention.

We put it outside this season for shits and giggles.

ES

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Thanks for the fedback fellas, but, sadly, none of this talk changes my mind about how I feel about this cut I have...lol
Considering the member who gave it to me stopped posting and deleted pics...wellll....maybe this is a MTF cross, or the cut was altered....
Interesting, elkslayer....does it smell like Tang?
I'm unsure what this cut is...(real or not)...whatever it is...it's dank and smells like tang...none of my friends know the difference lol...stuff is pretty good
I chopped my MTF cut (or whatever the heck it is) at day 53

MTF x c99 sounds good....lemme know how those outdoor girls turn out, elkslayer

elkslayer

Hey VT

My buddy has had it for the past 2 years inside and I haven't run it inside in that time. I am horrible on the smell/description thing though my eys are pretty sharp. I'll ask him his thoughts when I next see him.

I'll post a OD nug shot in this thread round Halloween.

Cheers

ES

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here's mattie. I have no reason to believe it's not MTF. It's fire, and smells like tang when done up proper. We still love her Shaman. Thanks

NOKUY

Veteran
gromer said:
Well its a shame but the only pics of the real deal in this entire thread were posted by Swerve

"gromer" It's a shame that you must not recognize MTF as well as you think.

The MTF cut I had for quite a few years (as also pictured on page 1 of this thread) IS real the real deal "Matanuska Thunderfuk".

It was a gift to me when I lived in Alaska by a good friend who is an old school "Hells Angel". He's had the cut since the early '80s, and he let me in on it after we spent 3 months working on a commercial hallibut fishing boat togeter. He lives in the mat-su valley, and if this cut is not legit, the there are a good number of Alaskan Hell's Angels, that don't know what they have.

My MTF cut was def. "tang", there is at least 1 other legit version of MTF in Alaska, and I believe that it's mainly circulated around the fairbanks area, and is known a "guido" or "el guido". I've not seen or tried "guido", but I've heard that it's a bit dif. than "tang". (maybe this is what your talking about "gromer")

anyway here is a pic of Real Deal MTF:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
awesome pics- from everyone! vt- those girls look sooooo sweeet! nokuy, thats a beauty!

someone pointed out earlier that this was an aptly named thread and that is absolutely true. as far as the one true MTF, i can back up a few facts that have been stated here: the bikers got it-there is at least two versions of it-and it is awesome herb!
I say at least two because i also know it has been crossed since a few times over- and thats just my friends- i cant imagine they are the only ones in ak who know how to breed.
It would not surprise me if every pic on this thread-as long as they come from ak are mtf or a hybrid. they all look incredible, and the people growin them sure seem to know what they are talkin about.
It also would not surprise me if the pic posted by nokuy is the real deal holy grail MTF. i didnt see her growing till she was crossed with golfball to create "tang" but if thats where he got it, thats her.
great grows and pics all around, what a great thread!......subrob

G

Damn bro those buds are beautiful!!!!!!

I have the same cut and I love it too. Mine smells like an orange 50-50 cream sicle when it's done.

Nice job
GCG

G

Greyskull

Aloha! Its so hard to find good information on Thunder****. I am lucky enough to have recently acquired a couple cuttings shipped down from Alaska. They look just like your CB. I picked up an OZ with the cuttings, and even though the dude had to pull the crop 10 days early (spider mites... AND THE SPIDERMITES HAD INFESTED MY CUTTINGS) the smoke is outstanding. I cannot wait to harvest.
It seems to be extremely hearty; after I put it under the 400w MH (24/7) shoots started developing like crazy. I feel blessed to be a caretaker of this line.