What's new

Will California Vote to Legalize in November 2010?!

Will California Vote to Legalize in November 2010?!

• Cali Resident: YES!

Votes: 76 22.1%
  • Cali Resident: NO!

Votes: 55 16.0%
  • Cali Resident: Undecided

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Non Resident: Yes

Votes: 169 49.1%
  • Non Resident: No

Votes: 17 4.9%
  • Will be too stoned, unregistered or busy trimming.

Votes: 20 5.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBudBill

Non resident no vote simply for the fact that its not perfect. We all know what happens when Californians vote something into law as we all know about their real estate woes, so voting something into law that isn't perfect doesn't rank high on my list of should dos.
Good thing you couldn't vote against an imperfect prop 215 then....:wave::jump:

zenoonez

Veteran
Good thing you couldn't vote against an imperfect prop 215 then....:wave::jump:

True but hey if you don't have kids or this "(iv) smoking cannabis in any space while minors are present. " doesn't bother you or any of the plethora of other problems with prop 19 then so be it. Oh, and I will respect this thread from now on. It was not intended to argue 19 so I won't argue it anymore here. Don't give up on having good legislation.

vta

Veteran
The place where it isn't any of your fucking business. Unspoken rule on this site is you don't ask where someone lives.

Would you like my social, drivers license and home address?

Very rude.

Nor Cal, if it matters to you, cause it shouldn't.

Go take something and shove it.

Done with you and all the other sheep.

You can neg rep all you want boy...I could care less. Truth is...Legalizing marijuana is the right thing to do and I'll keep on going, doing what I do until it does become legal.

Herborizer

Veteran
You can neg rep all you want boy...I could care less. Truth is...Legalizing marijuana is the right thing to do and I'll keep on going, doing what I do until it does become legal.

He negative rep me to. It's pretty sad really. He even called me names in the negative rep. Wonder if that's cool in TOC. Ow well.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He negative rep me to. It's pretty sad really. He even called me names in the negative rep. Wonder if that's cool in TOC. Ow well.

He must have gotten writer's cramp neg repping all of us. Oh well - some children are prone to tantrums.

vta

Veteran
lol

picture.php

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It's more mature to call others children, son, or boy... than to look at yourself and realize you aren't quite as mature as you expected.

VTA... LOL

nomaad

Veteran
I'm confused why these polls have the opinion of people that aren't in california.

They don't get to vote, it doesn't matter what they think.

that's some pretty strange thinking. not sure what is says about your worldview, but it says something.

by including out of state people we are collecting a second set of data. and if its a genuine understanding of the world you live in that you seek, more data is never a bad thing.

The first set of data, and the only one you deem important, tells us how the vote might go if only smokers were voting (assuming that everybody who voted in the poll is, by nature of them being a member of these forums, a smoker or otherwise ganjaphilic). It is not a valid representation of how the vote will go. Not until my mom joins ICM and votes in the poll. We see that about 50% of cali residents are for it, 36% are against it, 12% undecided and the rest will be too stoned or too busy. that data set stands alone and can tell us a little (very little) about the matter at hand.

The second data set shows us that the vast majority of those outside the state, who can afford to look at this vote in purely idealistic terms, would vote yes. To me, that reflects the state of affairs on the ground in California where many are unable to look at the issue in idealistic terms. People here have a serious stake in the outcome of this. Many families all over the State put their food on the table from all aspects of this industry and in that reality, like most, the issue is closer to evenly split.

While I still don;t know any more than i did with the first data set about the actual outcome of prop 19, i do have a somewhat better understanding of what's going on in the world I live in, whoich extends far beyond the borders of Cali.

I included the out-of-staters, because when making up my mind about any issue, I like to apply as many perspectives as possible and theirs was an easy one to poll in the same breath. Every outcome causes ripples that will effect the entire world on multiple planes of consciousness. To ignore available perspectives and to fail to pursue as many as possible would be like having my head up my ass.

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
another thread, to ask, can we please keep this on focus and track... Thank you kindly. And no reading out what rep was sent. I think all your green bars speak for themselves. :)

H

HippyJohnny

Growers are living real persecution here in Italy and patients have a really hard time in medicating themselves with cannabis.
So our hopes go for a big YES.
Some of you must understand that in other countries and on the media the whole thing will be seen as legalized: YES/NO. Black or white. It's very important to give a kick to years and years of cannabis disinformation and persecution. There will be plenty of time to improve the laws after this epocal change.

Peace

=K

To me the point you make is most important. I don't live in Cali., but am sure if 19 fails, all smokers and believers of freedom lose. If it wins momentum will be huge worldwide.

Its a big f#%$#^ deal, believe it. (the propaganda will be pure either way, and very very strong for the masses)

BadRabbit

friday's latest polls shows a significant swing, 49 N to 44 Y. I think that's the first time prop 19 has polled more against than for. Not a good sign so close to the election for its supporters.

best,
rabbit

cannabudz

I will be voting NO, because if it passes we will be in a "gesture contract" with the state, just by smoking/growing it.. I Vote for Decriminalization.. its the only way.. Fuck the Government tax, Fuck the Gangster/mob revenue, Fuck the Speculators and their Parse3!.

I want everyone to enjoy Cannabis without the threat of jail time.. weather you love to grow it and make thousands of pounds of it, or you love to smoke thousands of pounds of it.. All are welcome under Decriminalization..

This is a chance, a chance to legalize it "a little bit" and the story will end there. good enough to keep it out of congress for many years to come..
This is also a chance to show big business, congress, and weed nay say'ers that Cannabis users are not brain dead have-nots. We want our weed, and not your tax or prisons!

Also Arnold Schwarzenegger made cannabis use under 28.5 grams an infraction. which doesnt go on your criminal record. Also a fine of 100 usd. And on good information, i know my local sheriff wont even write the ticket if the amount isnt over 30gm, and DEA wont even respond its so petty. I believe Arnold did this, cause he knows it would cost the state more if it goes legal. why? Well Eric Holder said if prop 19 passed, he would use the full extent of the law to close any Cannabis business that treaded into Federal territory..
So IMHO, Passing prop 19, seems like a whole lot of no good (for now)... I ask you all to think this through with real life in your forethought and not wishful hopes. Because your vote can change the way EVERYONE that smokes/grows is treated by the judicial system.
Decriminalize NOT Legalize..
ffs legalizing=FTL...

Cannabudz...

C

Chamba

jumping from illegal to decriminalization is too big a step, most people are resistance to change, Prop 19, although not perfect, is the beginning of total world wide decriminalization ...this is our Berlin Wall, if 19 passes, the whole world will change for the better.

if it doesn't pass, those who will profit from the continued war of cannabis will feel empowered and will force through even harsher laws.....this proposition is crucial to the industries and organizations who rely on keeping cannabis illegal to maintain profits.

I expect to watch a Fox News story soon ... young white girl, A student, tries pot and next minute suicide..or ..young white guy, high on pot goes through a red light and smashes into a van full of school kids...or ..you get the picture.

Last edited:

zenoonez

Veteran
Or there will be stories on the news about parents being arrested because they smoked pot in the same structure as their children.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Or there will be stories on the news about parents being arrested because they smoked pot in the same structure as their children.

No, it says "same space"...that is different-- If you are in a room smoking, and the door is closed, that is not the same "Space" as the kiddies in the next room--:tiphat:

Status
Not open for further replies.