What's new

Wild sativas under 110w PL-L

jrw

Hey guys,

Thank you homusubi, and welcome!, my keyboard can even write that, so no excuse really. Señor García!

Connoisseur300, wb :wave:

hardhat22, never tried the Jahwi's Joy, so I don't know the high/stone of her.

patolunga2 grew it outdoors earlier, and this is what he says about the smoke; "then the high was really good!! sativa active type :)"

Here's a few fresh shots.

Jahwi's Joy, 80 days, 12/12 from seed.

A5 x Thai, 8-11 days

Last edited:

ChroniconCouncl

jrw said:
Yo guys,

I've got my modular scrog pot going!
It now houses my fastest growing Jahwi's Joy, landrace Sativa from Ghana, 33 days old, 12/12 from seed.

And guess what! My only C99 x DC seed, now 20 days old, turned out female :jump:
Status
1 Amager 07 (female)
1 C99 x DC (female!)
2 Senor Garcia (female)
2 Kali Mist (female)
2 Oldtimers Haze x SWT3 (unknown, 14-16 days old)
3 C99 x SWT3 (unknown, 15-16 days old)
3 Jahwi's Joy (female)

Overview

C99 x Deep Chunk - 20 days, 12/12 from seed, not overwatered, just fat Indica under minimum lighting :) She needs a transplant asap.

whatd you use to make that scrog? its tight... thanks for all the kind words b tw. i remember looking at your grow box first when i was doing research back in january.

jrw

ChroniconCouncl said:
whatd you use to make that scrog? its tight...
It's cut out of a net drawer. You know this kind:
60332_PE166326_S4.jpg

I have a whole pile of those drawers in the basement. I found them on the local trash/recycle station...

Btw, C99 x Deep Chunk is curing :D

guest3589

jrw, thats nice work on the SCROG and cab, it's all pro status. Can you tell me a little about the thread that you used on the air prune pots? I am going to make some as well since it looks so great. I just need the thread to sew it up.

Thanks.

jrw

You can use all kinds of thread, as long as you make sure it's synthetic (ie. nylon based), so that it won't rot over time.
Most kinds of thread is synthetic these days, but there are still cotton thread around.

As you can see I tried to make a square cloth pot, which turns out to be quite impossible. Now it has a round shape and takes up to much space. So, in short, go for round pots, they're gonna be more stable as well.

Good luck with the sewing :D

jrw

The sewing part was so much fun. I really enjoy freshing up on skills I aquired i elementary school. Hell, it's more than 20 years ago.

I got a lot of tips on how to make them stable. Especially the bottom is tricky.

I found a nice way to do it though. It includes sewing by hand :joint:

LOL.

jrw

Two C99 x SWT3 went down tonight :joint: (once again, thank you esbe!)

10 weeks, 12/12 from seed, topped (shouldn't have been) and fucked up on nutes in the end. So Sorry :(

But I must say, I have NEVER experienced stems smelling so much and beeing so sticky. WTF :nono:

Last edited:
G

Not to bad,but your mouth smells haha!

Just popping in to see your huh expertese.....
DOnt know why you had to come on into my thread?
WITH A MOUTH!
thanks..i never sais anything to you bad did i?
oh the sativa looks prety good,i hate scrogs though.....
with room like i have anyways....happy endings.

jrw

Lougrew! said:
Not to bad,but your mouth smells haha!

Just popping in to see your huh expertese.....
DOnt know why you had to come on into my thread?
WITH A MOUTH!
thanks..i never sais anything to you bad did i?
oh the sativa looks prety good,i hate scrogs though.....
with room like i have anyways....happy endings.
Coming into the Micro section telling the noobs you suppose are in here to keep their CFL bulbs close to the plants :nono:
As if that's some kind of new discovery? To the community?
That's just inconsiderate of you.
This is the micro-section!
What do you think a microgrower spends most of his/her time doing?
Let me tell you: Getting the bulbs INTO the plants illuminating them from within ffs...

You are stepping on toes with your style - and although I love it hardcore (long time since I had such a good time in here as when I read your posts) - you stepped a little on mine as well. Had to tell ya, friend :joint:

And yo, scrogging is a neasr perfect way to keep hardcore sativas under control. AND the plants as close to the bulbs as possible, as you advocate :D

Welcome to my thread friend :wave:

Last edited:

jrw

Yo, IPWT! :D

So far I've been smoking 8 weeks Amager 07, 9 weeks Kali Mist and 9 weeks C99 x DC, which explains my Indica-tripping atm :D I'm so stoned and tired all the time. Really looking forward for some good sativa highs :D

Potency is good but yield per plant is very low - and I keep reminding myself, that going from 250W CFL to 110W compact tubes WILL be a noticable change yield-wise. But when I try and imaging how the yield is gonna be when I harvest all the plants from this first batch, my new stash (I cleaned it out a few months ago) from this crop will not run dry... Ever. From here on it's perpetual re-stashing and I'm sure I can keep up with my level of smoking :joint:

I have the second Kali Mist that went on for 11 weeks and my two 10 weeks C99 x SWT3 (below) curing in jars :jump:
They are next up in the lungs and mind of jrw...

Right now I have:
1 Jahwi's Joy (91 days)
2 Senor Garcia (85 and 90 days)
1 Mirre (30 days, still unsexed, messed up for real from the cloth pot, now in fresh soil)
1 Bambata (9 days)
1 Dream Goddess (5 days)
1 Afghani (1 day)
1 Casey Jones x NYCD (1 day)
3 Big Sur Haze (ESB/Hollyweed x Haze) (still under ground)

The next beans I'm germing is the 08 version of Jahwi's Joy. I got a lot of beans directly from Ghana recently... If they turn out nice and the Bambata is as much sativa as people claim, and yields good - that might be a future cross. What would you guys consider as good breeding genes, trying to increase the yield of a landrace sativa without ruining the sativa-high?

See ya!

2 plants, C99 x SWT3, 10 weeks, 12/12 from seed

Last edited:

JDK

jrw said:
The next beans I'm germing is the 08 version of Jahwi's Joy. I got a lot of beans directly from Ghana recently... If they turn out nice and the Bambata is as much sativa as people claim, and yields good - that might be a future cross. What would you guys consider as good breeding genes, trying to increase the yield of a landrace sativa without ruining the sativa-high?
C99 from Topskud. It finishes in 50 days and has a nice sativa type high to it.

Strider

Barneys Farms Phatt Fruity, Green House Seeds Great White Shark, Pure Power Plant or maybe even DPs Green Spirit would lend itself to an awesome mix with Bambata.
You are probably going to want to back-cross it the second generation though methinks.

Strider

Ooops nevermind my suggestions. You´d probably get a bit more indy with those, although I think it would be kinda nice. How about Durban Poision?

Goldenseed

Hey jrw!!

How ya doin? Did the 3 Big Sur Haze make it trough the soil?I also wanted to thank you for the inspiration i got from your thread...i bought three 2 x 55 watt Philips ballasts via ebay...i have to build myself a "micro" box as i have to shut down my big growbox for a while and those PL-L bulbs are just perfect...and last but not least how are the Senior Garcias doin,did you harvest them already?

Sorry for all the questions :bashhead:

:wave: Goldenseed

Latest posts

Latest posts