What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wild sativas under 110w PL-L

G

Pulls up chair grab :lurk: and
8378smiley-rastabong.gif
i'm chillin now jrw

jrw

Connoisseur300 said:
Sweet. I really like seeing grows like this. You should sprout like 15-20 more seeds and have your self a SOG like grow with a few topped plants plus half of them will probably be male.

What size containers would you have them end up in?

Right now Im thinking
1. 4 x 6 liters + 2 x 3 liters
2. 1 x 11 liters + 2 x 6 liters + 2 x 3 liters

Would you go less than 3 liters for sativas flowering for ~12-16 weeks?

Pothead, welcome! :D

dkmonk

Wow impressive buds from the CFL grow, i can't wait to see how the plant i gave to my friend to grow turns out, i grew her for awhile but didnt have the proper growing equip due to the place i was growing it. Now that he has it it looks like the most amazing little plant i have ever seen hopefully we can get pictures up sometime.

jrw

Got a lil update for you guys :joint:

Ranging from 0-13 days, all 12/12 from seed.

This is what I got:
4 Senor Garcia
6 Jahwi's Joy from Ghana
4 Kali Mist (+1 still under ground)
2 Amager 07 (+1 still under ground)
1 C99 x DC (sown yesterday)

I got 5 beans of the C99 F3 (Farmerjohn) x DC (xyz, Raco, Tom Hill) which I was gifted by a fellow danish grower you might know from this community, so I'm popping only one at the time. Just want to see how it does 12/12 from seed.

I got a lot of other VERY exiting strains from him also, so 2008 is gonna be an AWSOME growyear for me! :jump:

Last edited:

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
checkin in! :lurk:

happy growing.

best of luck with the lil new one coming!

jrw

Time for an update.
Plants are doing good and everything seems juuuuuuuust fine :joint:

Status
5 Jahwi's Joy
5 Kali Mist
4 Senor Garcia
3 C99 x SWT#3
2 Oldtimers Haze x SWT#3
2 Amager 07
1 C99 x Deep Chunk

The C99 crosses and my Amager 07 will be left untouched, the others will be trained.

And here's a massive shoutout to my fellow danish grower esbe, helping me out with such awsome genetics! I suddenly find myself growing the most wonderful crosses which I think of as the last thing before falling asleep at night... :joint:

Jahwis Joy, topped - needing the burning sun bad, but doing fine...

Here's the kind of tools I'm preparing to counter TOTAL overgrow :D

Last edited:
G

Mod Scrog!

Mod Scrog!

That's a sweet little modular scrog pot there. :headbange

I always wanted to rock a Modular Scrog just never have. :rasta:

It's a very efficient method IMO.

Sweet grow! :wave:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
jrw said:
Aware,
Thank you and welcome :D

Connoisseur300,
These two pictures gives you a good idea of how Kali Mist strecth under CFLs.

Kali Mist clones straigth under 12/12 when rooted

Kali Mist closing in on harvest time (Hashplant in the front to the right)

Thank you for these pics.

jrw

Got an update for you guys :joint:

Plants
5 Jahwi's Joy (1 female)
4 Kali Mist (2 female, 1 male tossed)
4 Senor Garcia (1 female)
3 C99 x SWT#3
2 Oldtimers Haze x SWT#3
2 Amager 07 (1 female)
1 C99 x Deep Chunk

Aged 5-25 days, all 12/12 from seed.

My camera suck, but the plants are beautiful :D

tngreen

Veteran
lookin awesome! wish i had the patience to grow these sativas! i have trouble waiting 70 days haha.

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
I'm not sure if I’ve ever seen anyone grow from seed quite like you are. You have a full SOG going and it looks damn good. I wonder what your yield will be like within 60 days after you remove the males. I really like this setup because its simple, you don't have to have a mother room and you get variety. A nice in and out type operation. You just need a lot of seeds.

What are you doing with all your priceless males?????????

G

Looking forward to seeing your Jahwi's Joy, I have just one going right now, only one that germed. fingers crossed it's a female. it looks very sativa so far.

jrw

thgreen,
Thanks a lot :D
I'm with you on that patience thing. That's why I have 3 fast strains going as well. Single cola style, 3 liters. Last I grew Amager 07 I harvested it after 60 days, 12/12 from seed. The C99 crosses I hope to be similarly fast. Anyways, I'll have my first harvest around the end of April beginning of May. Then I can get mellowed out Indica-style, waiting for an awsome Sativa-summer :D

Connoisseur300,
I like this setup too for the very reasons you mention. Quick turnaround, lots of strains, one room, very cheap.
We have a very nice seed scene here in DK - lots of hobby breeders putting out awsome strains :D You can get a lot of nice seeds, usually for around ~15$ for 10 seeds, so 12/12 from seed perpetual growing seems very good to me.

I'm probably gonna toss the males, since I don't have any more room for growing activities :( Any other suggestions?

British_Hempire,
Welcome! :wave:
I consider you to be one of the sativa growing experts around these parts, and I have benefitted greatly from many of you posts :joint:
My fastest of the 5 Jahwi's Joy I got going now showed sex after 21 days, 12/12 from seed. Which makes me a little puzzled, since patolunga2, who grew it outside in South America says his showed preflowers after 2 months of 12/12!!! :eek: And then flowered for 3-4 months for a total of 5-6 months under 12/12. I was very depressed when I got that info from him :(

But now I have a fast one beeing female already, so no worries :jump:

Last edited:
G

Cheers for the kind words. My Jahwi is at just over 30 days of 12/12 from seed and no signs of preflowers yet. The Thais I have have taken over 60 days of 12/12 from seed to show sex, which is what I was expecting.

I chatted to patolunga too and the pics of his and his description sounds like a full-on tropical sativa. I would expect it will take at least 14 weeks to flower indoors,more likely 16. I can't offer any tips about this one as it's my first grow myself, but I'm expecting to have to do some bending and pruning when she starts flowering (if it's not a male). I wouldn't worry about having an unusually early one, this can happen sometimes, or it could be that one seed was fathered by stray pollen from somwhere else?

jrw

British_Hempire said:
I wouldn't worry about having an unusually early one, this can happen sometimes, or it could be that one seed was fathered by stray pollen from somwhere else?
I don't and that's exactly the reason I find seed grows, especially from landrace strains, so exciting. I think 14-16 weeks flowering sounds reasonable. I'm gonna use my modular scrog pot on my Ghana-joy-girl :D

Last edited:

tngreen

Veteran
good lord 14 weeks?!?!?! yeah there is no way in hell i could wait for that. im sure im missing out though! maybe some day. keep it green jrw!

Latest posts

Latest posts