What's new

wife finds my 2 plant grow ugh!

the nightfly

Didn't she say she was leaving cos he's the dumbest man she knows?
Why is she still there?
The kids would probably be happier without her by the sound of it and her attitude is unreasonable and ignorant.
Can't compromise with unreasonable and ignorant.
Personally - I'd be helping her pack.:)

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
First off I think it's fucked up if you're growing illegally without your wife knowing, since she shares the house and may also get in trouble.

But her reaction is ridiculous. If you smelled like weed you'd be the first person I talk to.. pass that shit!

Buy her "Understanding Marijuana" - Excellent book

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You need to get her high, even if it's with brownies. Trust me that is the only way to convert them over I did it with my mother years ago and she was a total fucking pot nazi until I made a bet with her, won, and she smoked. Things have been different ever since because even before that as a grown man she would give me hell for smoking the good herb in my own house. But now she goes around telling people how beneficial it is and way safer than pharma drugs, from the earth, God, the whole 9 yards. :canabis:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
You need to get her high, even if it's with brownies. Trust me that is the only way to convert them over I did it with my mother years ago and she was a total fucking pot nazi until I made a bet with her, won, and she smoked. Things have been different ever since because even before that as a grown man she would give me hell for smoking the good herb in my own house. But now she goes around telling people how beneficial it is and way safer than pharma drugs, from the earth, God, the whole 9 yards. :canabis:

Jack Herer threatened to throw his gf out of the house because she smoked pot and he was against mj. Then he smoked weed and ended up becoming one of the most famous potheads in the world. go figure.....

there DOES NOT have to be a comprimise

there DOES NOT have to be a comprimise

Being in a non-mmj state (midwest) my heart feels for ya buddy.

There DOES NOT have to a be a compromise when it comes to trying to obtain a reasonable, normal level of health and well being. You don't compromise when it comes to that. You gotta love and respect yourself.

What convinced my mother was the marked improvement she saw. That led her to researching it, at places like http://www.TreatingYourself.com

But she is so paranoid that we just talk about it at a bare minimum to zip-nothing.

Hopefully she's throwing a shit-fit about your growing because she's upset about something else. I would pray for that.

Best Hopes & Wishes

Last edited:

Panama Red

This seems to be a classic example of the golden rule.

She who has the gold/job, makes the rules.

He who plays the sympathy card, takes the orders.......

bigdaddyc9

Yeah I am screwed being on SSDI but I earned that after being injured taking care of challenged children with behavior issues and playing "Bouncer" for 20 years and SingSing State Prison Corrections officer for a few years took its toll on my body.She makes big $$ but my arguement is the abusive nature of her personal issues w/weed.Tonight after I got out of our hottub w/my son,I went out on deck and burned a small bowl of ak-47.When she got ome she claimed she could smell it at front door.We live in a 24 x 65 double-wde and I went from back deck to my room that is approx 10 ft from the sliding glass door.I was amazed that she came in to give me shit about it.I have an indoor growing area too.I live very rural and have had great sucsess growing outside in stealth mode.I have grown out 7lbs in last 5 years planting on the fringe.This year I didnt grow a garden of veg as my Mom is ill w/cancer and it takes too much time.So it was over run with tall weeds.I had those 2 wedged into that and they were beautiful bushes of purple kush and affie.Maybe 24 inches high and 40 inches around just budding up and getting frosty.Anyone who was not activily looking for them would have never seen them as theywere surrounded by bullthistles approx 4 ft high.She caught a glimpse and it was over.ACtually she smelled them 1st. I cant win till NY goes medical and they are on the cusp.I send $$ write letters make phone calls and send e-mails to encourage my gov reps to get this done to no avail.It is getting frustrating to say the least. BIGD

BagseedSamurai

Listen there is nothing in this world more important for each person to have their little things. Smoking pot and relationships dont mix if the other person does not smoke. It just doesnt. You feel like you have to lie and sneak out to just have some little you time. On top of that if its truly for medicating then you have more of a reason...

Going to have to beg to differ. Sorry Poopy.

I have had a number of relationships in which I smoked and they did not. My current relationship was that way to start. She could never tell I was high unless I told her. Even Dr. Grinspoon cited a study by which people will never know that a person is stoned unless they produce outward symptoms. My point here is that the two don't HAVE to clash. She knew I smoked, I just didn't do it too much around her.

It can work, but you've got to keep it open and honest.

OP -
I don't like that you lied, I admit that. Not attacking you or anything, hell, we all make mistakes, but knowingly having two plants on your property, your wife did have a reason to be angry. Perhaps you two can sit down and talk about it. It sounds like moving to a medical state might be the best thing to help you both exist as you like; her without having to fear reprisal from lawmakers, and you, the same.

Good luck.

Fedorade

Just stick with her Bro. Don't give up on yet. yeah maybe she's being a pain in the a**, but you are there and said you don't want to lose the Family. That says a hell of allot on your true feelings. Just keep on showing her the Love. She is who she is, too many people just give up, and that's the problem, this Nation of quitters we live in, too many do not have the Guts to stay on par with the One we Love and TRY to stick it out.
I'm married, I feel for you, Herb can be a pain for the pain we have. I don't have any advice for your grow. I just don't like to hear of a Family breaking up because of Herb. It's so trivial. you gotta allow for her fear of the law and what she thinks may happen if busted, the loss of her Family, stability, her job as a nurse, so many factors come into play with women and our families, and as guys we can be a little blinded by our short sightedness of our wife's concerns over ours. my bs. peace hope all works out for you in the end as I know it will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKr37rSIr2w

bigdaddyc9

I didnt lie.I chose not tell tell her or anybody.Loose lips sink ships.My best bud didnt even know I had any outside.Thats the way I grow.I had over 20lbs ripped off 10 years ago and I do not want that to happen again.So lets clear up that missconception.I just didbnt tell her because she isnt on a need to know basis when it comes to my medicine.

offthehook

Veteran
Makes sense BD

Sometimes a man's got to do what a man's got to do.

We've got to deal with their occasional ventings at this level too ;)

SCF

Bong Smoking News Hound
Veteran
Hey bro. Long time no see. Sorry to see you in such tough times. i understand this and went through a break up. Still am down from growing 3 years later lol. point is. ive seen you here for a while. and that is one hell of a dosage of Oxy. and it worries me that you are on such a high dosage. That being said, its very obvious you need your marijuana. You are going to have to communicate it to her one way or another. Of the necessity y it is for you live your day to day task. So you can even make it to the kids games. So you can function. She has to have some sort of understanding being a nurse. Good luck with everything. Take care.

bigdaddyc9

SCF-thanks man.I've been on this does 480mg for over a year now and it has lost it as far as effectiveness.I go to Pain Clinic on monday and either he has to up it or switch to something different again.Maybe Avinza again.Peace BigD

bigdaddyc9

I have come to the conclusion that I really cannot grow until it either becomes legal or legal for me medically.I just cannot take any chances any longer.I am bone tierd of being scared to death 24/7 over the medicine that works best for my documented illnesses.It really sucks and I am sorry that I envy you all in med legal states.I do not have the option of moving anywhere as we just bought our first home(here 5 years or so ago)and all of our family with the exception of a handful of folks live where we do.And we are tight with our families.We both have dads that aren't in the greatest shape as they both have heart issues.My Mom has cancer and her Mom has chronic pain issues.So we are stuck.I am hoping saner heads prevail and hope that if California falss the other 49 fall in rapid sucsession like Dominos!My very life depends on this medicine and that sucks.I refuse to suffer and sit here scared to friggin death.Peace and One Love BigD it is just absolute Hell to be in misery pain wise and be Piss your pants scared to death on top of it.And if that wasnt enough,My Mom with cancer and here I sit knowing what can possibly cure it ,yet I am too scared to grow enough to be able to make the medicine as per Rick Simpson at www.phoenixtears.ca.I know some of you deal with this all on a daily basis.It is wearing me out big time and I am at the end of a very short rope.All I ask is to be able to legally grow enough cannabis for myself or any other family member that is ill,and to stay within a reasonable limit.Say a doz plants.I'd pay a yearly fee on that no questions where do I send the check and or cash??I'll not offer it to children and will only consume it where allowed and in my own home on my own property out of eyesight of the general public.

Last edited:
All-chronic pain person here whos wife is an RN..she should know the difference between med use and rec use.She comes storming into house"what do you have growing out in the old garden" I told her 2 plants."I'm leaving,you are the dumbest man alive and why do you think you stand alone at the football games? You smell like weed and nobody wants to talk to you" well I went out and dug up the plants and reburied them off the property.I hope they do not die as they are days away from finishing.I am sick of being a second class citizen.Why can folks in 14 states use this precious medicine and I get hell for it? I don't want to lose my family but are I or are I not worthy of having some quality of life or do I have to be a puking,no sleep and in agony all day monster.Kids wouldn't leave with her and called her a psycho bitch.I dont want them to disrespect thier Mom but her treatment of me over my MEDICAL use of cannabis is getting old.We have been together 15 years and on our 1st date I told her I smoked pot and wasnt gonna stop.In a nutshel Im fucked and would rather be dead than to continue to have a shitty life I didnt deserve.:wallbash:
what are you doing with someone who treats and speaks to you that way what a ****. divorce sounds like a plan find a kind women who does not verbally abuse or otherwise demean or ridicule you. or live alone happily not the end of the world just takes time to adapt to new lifestyles. sorry i hate abusive women and what they do to friends of mine i hate seeing it. in truth though it is your fault to some degree as every guy i have known who let some bitch rule over him had issues with standing up for themselves and were timid in general. she needs to go it sucks kids are involved but in the end you will be better off.

offthehook

Veteran
Things are not always black 'n white BR.

@Big D,

On a cosmic level maybe It's your cross to bare.

How do I say it differently... It came your way, hence you will have to deal with it BigD

Maybe you are not only victim, Maybe you are the one to do something about it wich is what you are doing right now.

Already by venting out in this forum you already make yourselves usefull to others.

Small and seemingly ineffective looking actions at present might be cause for hurricanes some time in the future, if you know what I mean.

Latest posts

Latest posts