What's new

wife finds my 2 plant grow ugh!

bigdaddyc9

All-chronic pain person here whos wife is an RN..she should know the difference between med use and rec use.She comes storming into house"what do you have growing out in the old garden" I told her 2 plants."I'm leaving,you are the dumbest man alive and why do you think you stand alone at the football games? You smell like weed and nobody wants to talk to you" well I went out and dug up the plants and reburied them off the property.I hope they do not die as they are days away from finishing.I am sick of being a second class citizen.Why can folks in 14 states use this precious medicine and I get hell for it? I don't want to lose my family but are I or are I not worthy of having some quality of life or do I have to be a puking,no sleep and in agony all day monster.Kids wouldn't leave with her and called her a psycho bitch.I dont want them to disrespect thier Mom but her treatment of me over my MEDICAL use of cannabis is getting old.We have been together 15 years and on our 1st date I told her I smoked pot and wasnt gonna stop.In a nutshel Im fucked and would rather be dead than to continue to have a shitty life I didnt deserve.:wallbash:

Hi bro ... I feel sorry for your situation, your wife dont talk very nice to you i think. Its ok she dont want u to grow in your garden but she canttell u not to smoke,when u always did smoke , so tell ya wife to take a toke and a chill or shut tha fuck up :) i agree with your children, why do they have to listen to her when she talk bad about you , that make her i bad mum(on that point) in my eyes.

Your are not a secound class citizen there is no such thing.

Btw the plants will be fine just feed them with lots of water

Last edited:

offthehook

Veteran
I feel for ya man.

I know how it is to be treated like that for so long time, often it feels like we're on the loosing side of the batle.

This is what happens when principles get trashed.

World is to turn into some kinda Alien colony and our wifes seem to be all in favour of it.

Well, man, Phaps one piece of advice to you; Just recognise the situation and move on.

Apreciate the moment of the here and now whenever and whereever possible, it's all that realy matters.

Somehow, someway, good spirits are on our side to maintain the balance. (eg.your kids, look at it on an evolutionary scale)

Let's see what prop 19 will do for us.

Strenght man!

jburns

you smell like weed and no one wants to talk to you.

that shit is pretty funny, im gonna use that on some of my friends.

sounds like she has a bad opinion of the good herb. maybee something to do with being in the medical field. alot of those folks only learned opinions about mj.

and im in a med state and we are treated like law breaking criminals still. looked down upon for not being SICK or IN PAIN enough.

best of luck to ya. i would put it in my wifes ass and take as much aggression out as i could in her that way. ya know glass or 2 of wine. than you could be able to call her a bitch at least.

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
sounds like you have a big decision to make.... I hope you make the right one! peace to you!

dread

Veteran
does your wife drink alcohol?
if she does,she uses heavier drugs than we do
tell her that,see what she has to say to that!
cool runnings anyway man!!
grtz
D.

T

Tr33

Just stick with her Bro. Don't give up on yet. yeah maybe she's being a pain in the a**, but you are there and said you don't want to lose the Family. That says a hell of allot on your true feelings. Just keep on showing her the Love. She is who she is, too many people just give up, and that's the problem, this Nation of quitters we live in, too many do not have the Guts to stay on par with the One we Love and TRY to stick it out.
I'm married, I feel for you, Herb can be a pain for the pain we have. I don't have any advice for your grow. I just don't like to hear of a Family breaking up because of Herb. It's so trivial. you gotta allow for her fear of the law and what she thinks may happen if busted, the loss of her Family, stability, her job as a nurse, so many factors come into play with women and our families, and as guys we can be a little blinded by our short sightedness of our wife's concerns over ours. my bs. peace hope all works out for you in the end as I know it will.

T

The Strain Man

I hate say this but when women start fights for petty stuff like this there somthing else going on under the surface. I've been through enough of them to know .

M

mugenbao

sounds like you have a big decision to make.... I hope you make the right one! peace to you!

:yeahthats

My first wife left me for smoking weed. She's always known I smoked (we'd known each other since high school), and always knew I wouldn't quit just because she didn't like it. I did stop smoking later for about ten years (for the kids and career), but I guess she just hated it too much.

I'm with another woman now, the true love of my life, a spectacular woman in every respect. We've been together for more than a decade, and I know without question that things worked out so much better for me in the long run.

As much as my divorce hurt at the time, I can look back at all of the wonderful things I'd have missed if I'd caved in to her and stopped smoking way back when. What a horrible mistake that would have been, and we'd probably have divorced anyways.

Any woman that expects you to have a poor quality of life and chronic pain just to fit her biases is just not the right woman, period.

Best of luck to you, hope it works out well, whatever happens!!!

sac beh

This is why we're all fighting to liberate cannabis, because of these injustices prohibition creates in people's personal lives.

peace to you

offthehook

Veteran
Yup, it the fear gets to them they 'll become rationally irrational :)

Gotto compromise in order to keep the relationship going, but all in good reason tho

My golden rule of thumb goes like this: Do as you please but don't do it at home.

So in your case that would call for a guerilla grow and plenty of walks away from your property in order to get your fill ;)

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
Listen there is nothing in this world more important for each person to have their little things. Smoking pot and relationships dont mix if the other person does not smoke. It just doesnt. You feel like you have to lie and sneak out to just have some little you time. On top of that if its truly for medicating then you have more of a reason...

I tell everyone if your girl dont like weed pick one now and save yourself the hassel becasue somewhere down the road your gonna have to choose between the two...

sorry bro that sucks...

Best of luck bro. I too deal with a pot nazi wife. Im torn between the two, and would never choose one over the other. Just wont do it.

I try my best to inform her of the benefits of cannabis and the current movement which is legalization. She is slowly opening her eyes. WE all feel your pain. Let things cool down a bit. Good move by taking the plants off property. U can do two things here. Either tell her you will quit, tuck your tail and submit. Or stand your ground and try to enlight the woman. Which we all know isnt easy. I know how hard this situation can be as I have a daughter of my own. Im running dozens of different strains, and working on starting a seed co. as well..Not in my living quarters, of course ;) It aint easy living two lives :D Hang in there fella.

I hate say this but when women start fights for petty stuff like this there somthing else going on under the surface. I've been through enough of them to know .

Agreed. We all know woman are deeply concerned with their image, and how they are perceived by others. This doesnt go for all woman, but just a thought. Please dont take this the wrong way ladies. SOME woman are shallow. They only care about how others perceive them. Perhaps the mrs. is afraid of how others see her, and sick of you smelling like pot :D Gotta laugh at her comment) This is her chance to take it out on you.. Sometimes u just gotta letta girl vent. Be quiet and dont say nothing stupid that u will regret.

You do Deserve your family, and you are not a second class citizen, as posted on first page, THERE IS NO SUCH THING>
That is destructive thinking weve all been there. I have too once thought I didnt deserve my beauitful family, but youve created them. U deserve it more than anyone else.

D

Disguised

Sounds like my mom. Hates the herb with a passion. Has 4 kids and an ex-husband that smoke it. Meanwhile, she eats xanax like candy, but according to her that's OK because xanax isn't illegal. :dunno:

ddrew

Veteran
I've smoked weed since the time you met me, it provides a great deal of relief from my condition.
I know putting plants in the garden without speaking to you first was the wrong thing to do, they are gone now.
I love and respect you, but you need to know this is something I intend to continue doing. I will try to be as discrete as possible in the future, and not rub it in your face, but I need you to accept that this is a tiny part of my life, and just deal with it without giving me a hard time about it constantly, and creating big dramatic scenes in front of the kids.

She doesn't want to listen to reason like that, then tell her to do what she's got to do, and let the chips fall where they may.

E

el dub

I have dealt with a similar situation. Hard to blame my wife for a fear she has that could potentially be real. Imo, we have to know which battles to wage and which to just let go. This double life ain't easy, as mentioned above. I'd find a place off the property for next season's med'cin.

lw

mk6

there is never a perfect solution to this... you have obviously have hit the wall with her on this before, and with no compromise your f___ked... a possible solution, 'you may want to seek out good friends, or family members where you can grow your meds, as well. make eatables, so your not smoking as much - eatables work great on many levels. As for the wife, you need to discuss your needs with a mediator to resolve this situation before you the go to any extremes... I find the biggest thing in any relationship is compromise.