What's new

Why masks are bad for your health

dramamine

Took my ride in for an oil change. Mechanic tried telling me I needed a new air filter. I told him my ride doesn't need a mask and to throw it away. He looked at me funny.

I looked back at him and said " I did my own research".

You're saying humans are designed to wear masks?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I find it incredibly interesting that the morons who think kids are going to be traumatized by wearing masks are OK with active shooter drills in schools.

dramamine

we're not "designed" to wear condoms (hats or shoes either) either, but they are a pretty good idea...

Cars ARE designed to run with air filters, while humans have an air filtration system "built in". Just thought it was a weak analogy.

On the other hand, if you're driving through a sandstorm, a car mask could be a good idea.

Belldozer

The majority of masks provide little protection to yourself. What they do is provide protection for other people by filtering out any droplets from your own mouth and keeping them from entering the ait around you. N95 masks do provide limited protection. My mask exceeds N95. The mask itself is a pre-filter with a 5 layer filter replacable filter inside it and dual exhaust regulators with simple check valves. Its provides ample protection for myself and less protection for others. Im heavily vaccinated having both shots and just got my booster two days ago.

For those wanting a booster shot but cant yet because of health designation. The first and second vaccine shots are the exact same and the booster is the exact same as them. You can just go into a place that is giving the same manufacturer vaccine that you have already received. Tell them you've never had the shot get your first (third) shot and never take the second. All shots have the exact same ingredients if they are the same brand. The two part vaccine and the third booster.

Im high risk and have been taking 1000mg of vitamin C daily, 50mg zinc and 5000iu of vitamin D along with an immune booster. Ive buried relatives and friends. And Im very outspoken about taking the vaccine. But Im tired of beating my head against a wall. OF all the people Ive counseled on this only TWO that I know personally have changed their minds and got the vaccine. The rest are far left fools and conspiraccy theorists. So You guys do or dont do what you want to do just remember the choice you make affects those around you. If you contract the virus how many in your immediate family are you going to infect before you get the symptoms and go get tested. If you dont want to do it for yourself do it for the ones you love.

Cuddles

I find it incredibly interesting that the morons who think kids are going to be traumatized by wearing masks are OK with active shooter drills in schools.

maybe some of those kids will end up wanting to become surgeons anyway... or even because of it , who knows :)
active shooter drills - we only had practice fire drills ...

audiohi

Veteran
And Im very outspoken about taking the vaccine. But Im tired of beating my head against a wall. OF all the people Ive counseled on this only TWO that I know personally have changed their minds and got the vaccine. The rest are far left fools and conspiraccy theorists.

huh...

audiohi

Veteran
Translation; I'm one of the sheeple and do everything farmer says.

On the contrary...

I've gone rogue and have gotten my 5th and 6th booster this weekend. I expect to have 10 by next week.

Suck 'em down while they're free, you know what I'm sayin'?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Cars ARE designed to run with air filters, while humans have an air filtration system "built in". Just thought it was a weak analogy.

On the other hand, if you're driving through a sandstorm, a car mask could be a good idea.

our "filters" are not designed to keep out a virus, or even something as big as wood dust while running a lathe or chain saw. which is why they sell masks; to keep you (as much as possible) from breathing in shit you don't want in your lungs. are they perfect? fuck no. are they better than getting bad sick or dying because you inhaled something that the hairs in your nose could not catch ? you tell ME...

dramamine

our "filters" are not designed to keep out a virus, or even something as big as wood dust while running a lathe or chain saw. which is why they sell masks; to keep you (as much as possible) from breathing in shit you don't want in your lungs. are they perfect? fuck no. are they better than getting bad sick or dying because you inhaled something that the hairs in your nose could not catch ? you tell ME...

I thought the car analogy wasn't very good. You'll have to find someone else to argue with about masks.

h.h.

Veteran

Filters were designed to fit cars replacing the oil bath. Cars can run without filters.

audiohi

Veteran
vacSheep.jpg

imiubu

Free? pfft. As if there is such a thing as "free". :shucks:
"Free is when you don't have to pay for nothing or DO nothing..." FZ :chin:

Latest posts

Latest posts