What's new

why is it bad to breed with fem seeds

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
if we're going to discuss my work in particular, can we do it in my thread rather than here? I'm happy to have all your fears of what I'm done in there, I just don't want to spend hours holding a discussion that's only gonna get deleted. No matter how enjoyable it would be, I just hate repeats. But I do take your point, just as the first mammal evolved into both field mice, men and elephants, had I made different choices along the way, I would not have what I have now. What I would have is anyone's guess though.

stickshift

Stickshift, they're not males, ask CBF it he is sure about it. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=4955354&postcount=12

I'm not saying they're males.. they are females, however they show a problem or are highly sensitive etc etc... and it's passed on.. both in the progeny of the said line and in outcrosses, what does that tell you? tells me it's heritable... like I stated earlier they are not males the Y is not there.

Tom Hill

Veteran
The bottom line is quality quality quality, zero fucking regard for anything else, once you have quality, then you can play with these other things that plague our minds, not before. This is currently thought of as the most solid approach in quantitative trait loci..

Tom Hill

Veteran
but you guys want to place rules and give your opinions, well, it doesn't weigh very heavily, sincerely.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
surely though, once quality is achieved, its time to deselect those undesirable traits, or to select for something interesting within the quality.

Tom Hill

Veteran
surely indeed, but there is not much sense in selecting for highly quantitative traits prior to achieving vast homozygosity across the population, dig? So this select the best and reject all others bullshit is just that, bushit. Very certainly not something to be taken up across the board out of the gate, that is if you are looking at anything else but quality, and if you are looking at tri's or sexual expression, this is exactly what you are doing,,,, screwing the god damn pooch.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Then I'm glad I selected for how my line smoked prior to selecting for tri's within the population of desirable smokes. Though I'm also glad I don't need to worry about the intersexed trait at all, as they simply don't exist within my line. But again, to discuss my line or your line in particular, lets do that in one of our threads.

dedovede13

Real quick. Most breeders nowdays are using" reversed female" pollen to make beans with. So really ALL FEM seed is hermie breed progeny . Fem seed is really hermaphrodites. Is this the way to breed? I mean simply put ...it doesnt make any sense to exclude a male or y chromosome. I thought bottlenecking was bad. Breeding only females is much worse. Also, is femm seed is usless as a breeding tool. For those who chuck hermie pollen...how tragic!

stickshift

Real quick. Most breeders nowdays are using" reversed female" pollen to make beans with. So really ALL FEM seed is hermie breed progeny . Fem seed is really hermaphrodites. Is this the way to breed? I mean simply put ...it doesnt make any sense to exclude a male or y chromosome. I thought bottlenecking was bad. Breeding only females is much worse. Also, is femm seed is usless as a breeding tool. For those who chuck hermie pollen...how tragic!

Jesus who the hell let you out to play? please get back to where you came.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
a reversed female is different to using a female that shows intersexed flowers naturally, as the reversing process forces this, rather than the phenotype showing this.

Tom Hill

Veteran
No bro, fem seed is not hermie progeny, The same guys that told you that are telling you that their hermies are due to some bullshit about "oh, that's a normal survival technique" and all that jazz. Do you really want that to be to height of your understanding? Fem/fem is no less bottleneching than that clowns 1:1, it's exactly the same mathematically. You sir, have no idea about what the fuck you are talking about regarding breeding tools or any other thing you wrote. Didn't go over well stickshift? Too friggen bad. Tired, late, stop listening to idiots and give us all a fucking break. Thank you in advance for understanding the source of frustration.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
lol Tom, take a read what I did, then knock my methods. The proof of what I said is that I outbred the tri's and took a massive step back on their frequency at one point purely to alter the smoke. I did it a few times and only took the line that I approved of forward, and left the others extinct. I have so many extinct family lines that I could return to at any point, and have done the same generation at each generation several times. Why do you think most breeders release what they have done within a few years of starting, but I'm in my 12th year on this project, and its not finished yet? No on second thoughts, please don't answer that, I know what I'll get in response to that question lol.

stickshift

No bro, fem seed is not hermie progeny, The same guys that told you that are telling you that their hermies are due to some bullshit about "oh, that's a normal survival technique" and all that jazz. Do you really want that to be to height of your understanding? Fem/fem is no less bottleneching than that clowns 1:1, it's exactly the same mathematically. You sir, have no idea about what the fuck you are talking about regarding breeding tools or any other thing you wrote. Didn't go over well stickshift? Too friggen bad. Tired, late, stop listening to idiots and give us all a fucking break. Thank you in advance for understanding the source of frustration.

Gladly I will stop listening to you. :tiphat:

Tom Hill

Veteran
I was speaking to the same guy you were stickshift, and appealing to your sensibilities, since you seemed earlier to want to squash my lippiness. My point was that you seem to be no slouch in that same arena, when face to face with idiocy. Apparently it was all lost on you, and indeed you may as well stop listening, being that you've yet to begin I see nothing lost..

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
the only veggies I eat are in the tomato ketchup and chips, and I don't do fruit at all, nor red meat, nor anything that lives in water :) So yeah I can't cook much, but I do a mean round of toast :)