What's new

Why Is Florida the Lamest State When It Comes To Marijuana?

I think ultimately the goal in Florida is to keep up the appeal for the tourists, while at the same time keeping in those that live there which are mostly older rather than younger despite appearances. With these two factors in mind, a lot of these people push for stronger enforcement due to how they were raised unfortunately but in the years to come when the new generation comes around, I feel a lot of the heavy duty enforcement will be repealed and Cannabis laws there won't be so harsh. That's just my opinion though, but we shall see soon.

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
Grouper is near the bottom of my list of fish to eat in southwest Fla.
The meat is too soft and mushy, and something about having to cut sea worm parasites out of the filets doesn't make them very appetizing to me.

Snook is an awesome fish to catch, especially when you fight a 10 or 15 pounder out of the mangroves! And man, that's some fine eating!

But Tripletail tops the list for eating! I loved cruising along the crab pot buoy lines, from about 40 feet away, on a very calm and sunny day, and looking for that shadow under a buoy...
Circle back around, put a live jumbo shrimp on a bare hook, throw that shrimp right over a 7 pound tripletail's head, watch the shrimp drift down in front of his face, set the hook, and "Hang On Tight"!

Florida certainly isn't a lame place to live!

good story bud...and you are correct,hold on tight.....but we have PIGS/SLOBS wheres we get em...7lb is a OK one...im talking 25+lbers, biggest we got one time was 32...AND THAT WAS GUTTED, fish over 20 is not uncommon in the area im referring to.. :biggrin:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I think ultimately the goal in Florida is to keep up the appeal for the tourists, while at the same time keeping in those that live there which are mostly older rather than younger despite appearances. With these two factors in mind, a lot of these people push for stronger enforcement due to how they were raised unfortunately but in the years to come when the new generation comes around, I feel a lot of the heavy duty enforcement will be repealed and Cannabis laws there won't be so harsh. That's just my opinion though, but we shall see soon.
It is amazing how many snook are caught off season <many, many or> out of the 'slot' in season..

EDIT: Square Grouper ... <<< best..

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
here ya go bud...a ok one 22lb gutted, and the PIG..32-33 gutted,FUCKIN SLOB....
picture.php
picture.php

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
HAHAHA! I thought in the first pic, the dime was for size comparison!:biggrin: wakin&bakin':good:

Floridian

Veteran
Last year I caught a flounder at a small artificial reef right by the gandy bridge.Fished here many years and never caught one.They are so good.

Betterhaff

Veteran
lol, should have aligned those dimes so Roosevelt was anatomical... Nice fish.

Fresh flounder is good. One time we cut the filets into 2 inch strips and cut those in 3 to 4 inch sections. Rolled them up and wrapped with bacon and skewered for the barbie. Didn't cook long and the bacon was just to keep them moist and a bit of flavor. A light splash of lemon...heaven.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Buckets is that a wetsuit? Spearfishing? that's my kind of fishing if so, I ve never liked the guess work in fishing with a pole. Free diving adds to the fun in my book, the only guesswork is the size lol things look bigger underwater. ( um don't get the wrong idea boys i'm talking about the fish)

Aspenou812

Veteran
As for florida being lame, well they have to keep the private prison system full so they don't look like total idiots! And i truly hope we can get the vote to the big 60 mark this year but i'm not holding my breath on any laws changing in the near future, I mean it did take 4 years to put a lame ass CBD program together with what just a handful of dispensaries? I've been here my whole life and change happens slowly at best, The huge Prison system and Big Pharma are huge obstacles and as long as they are putting dinner on the plates of millions of Floridians there will be opposition and funding for the Canna Haters. Sadly the primary industry in my Back Woods part of the state, is the State and Federal Jail systems and the sad part is it's not the tourist or snow bunnies they have locked up. So is Florida LAME? Hell No we still have great weather, beautiful places to enjoy our lives,The Gulf of Mexico, The springs that flow crystal clear water that's 65 degrees even in the HEAT the short mild winters and to many other great things that i won't list here. So here is the real Question....... IS FLORIDA READY TO PERMANENTLY SHIFT IT POINT OF VIEW ON ALL THINGS CANNA RELATED....... god i hope with all my heart that the powers that be will finally listen to the people that make this such a wonderful place to call home!

As for florida being lame, well they have to keep the private prison system full so they don't look like total idiots! And i truly hope we can get the vote to the big 60 mark this year but i'm not holding my breath on any laws changing in the near future, I mean it did take 4 years to put a lame ass CBD program together with what just a handful of dispensaries? I've been here my whole life and change happens slowly at best, The huge Prison system and Big Pharma are huge obstacles and as long as they are putting dinner on the plates of millions of Floridians there will be opposition and funding for the Canna Haters. Sadly the primary industry in my Back Woods part of the state, is the State and Federal Jail systems and the sad part is it's not the tourist or snow bunnies they have locked up. So is Florida LAME? Hell No we still have great weather, beautiful places to enjoy our lives,The Gulf of Mexico, The springs that flow crystal clear water that's 65 degrees even in the HEAT the short mild winters and to many other great things that i won't list here. So here is the real Question....... IS FLORIDA READY TO PERMANENTLY SHIFT IT POINT OF VIEW ON ALL THINGS CANNA RELATED....... god i hope with all my heart that the powers that be will finally listen to the people that make this such a wonderful place to call home!

Only time will tell, really. I suppose until then individuals can enjoy Florida for it's weather until such laws start getting passed to ease into the legalization of Cannabis of it there for medicinal(In a much more meaningful way.) and recreational use!

Aspenou812

Veteran
Only time will tell, really. I suppose until then individuals can enjoy Florida for it's weather until such laws start getting passed to ease into the legalization of Cannabis of it there for medicinal(In a much more meaningful way.) and recreational use!

You're right and we will keep on smoking under the radar like we always have while we enjoy this Beautiful state that MILLIONS Flock to yearly Peace:)

Aspenou812

Veteran
Seriously Shelton would you just kick back and give into big brother while you pile up on the Beach? I hope not, none of you lucky people in Canna Free Zones would have the luxury of your smoking lifestyle without the people that fought the local laws and won ask yourself this Shelton were you one of those people? Somehow i doubt you were on the frontlines of that fight,maybe i'm wrong about that. I personally donate both my time and money fighting the state of Florida for the right to Smoke and Medicate as i see fit. Yes our laws are at the moment inflexible and highly rigid, enforced by a massive police force and private prison system and YES it Sucks, However when the laws are changed i'll be celebrating a personal victory not simply riding the wave of someone else's hard earned victory. Perhaps you can go online to one of the many foundations that are working hard to change the laws in Florida and support our efforts with a little of your time, money or both your efforts and donations will be greatly appreciated and help to bring Florida into Canna FREE STATE

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Is there any annual 'smoke in' anywhere in florida that I've been missin all these years? seems to me, and i'm not much of an organizer, that there should be. at Woodstock, in NY, in 1969, so many were puffin & trippin the LEOs couldn't enforce drug laws, not enough paddy waggons or jail cells..

Maybe Okeedokeey Okeechobee ... center of the state and rural..
Sebring would be another centrally located rural option.. lots of rental properties available..

EDIT: When is bike week?? or during spring break..maybe around Daytona..

Slipnot

Cause they got way better drugs out there cocaine pound per pound whats going to make you richer pound of weed or pound of cocaine mang :tiphat:

200 pounds of cocaine worth 18 million 200 pounds of pot worth 200,000 lol and that is why there so lame

Latest posts

Latest posts