What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why I'm Urging People to Vote FOR the AUMA in Cali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bongstar420

The food supply doesn't get people high.

By "safe," you mean 100% verified potency and pesticide free (not this BS where people make claims with no independent testing)?

LOL....I doubt you mean that. When push comes to shove, I bet you don't want potency or pesticide testing if it doesn't benefit your pocket.

If people are still going to prison for growing a plant that is safer than 90 % of the food supply. I think I will pass. The California government will never let go of the tax cash cow once it gets it.

This wouldn't be a problem if the owner had to demonstrate elite horticultural skills and knowledge as the requirement for getting licensed. Money should take a back seat to skills, knowledge, and talent.

But who wants that? Most people I meet wish they were rich without earning it in the objective sense.

I can see no benefit from passing this bill. It's a total step in the wrong direction. It will up penalties and fines from what they are, for what? Just so Joe Dopesmoker can walk into a dispensary and buy an ounce like he couldn't do that anyways right now?

This is a step in the wrong direction. Throw this bill in the trash and write up some legislation that makes sense and not the creation of the California Corporate Cannabis Oligarchy.

This is the dumbest fucking argument I have seen for this legislation. Read the first part of your own first post and then tell others they should vote in favor of it? If you are serious and unbiased you aren't selling this well at all.

2cents.gif

Gry

Veteran
The corporate assholes always get what they want.
Always.
Then they bring in the likes of Disney to retell it so it sounds decent to the kids that believe what they are told.
Just like we did.
By the time the kids figure it out they too will be too far in debit to do a damn thing about it.
Same as it ever was.
Fuck corporate, it is the tool of tyrants.

Betterhaff

Veteran
I’m sorry but, what if you don’t have a green thumb? But if you do…what are you going to do?

Pay the tax man. Your livelihood may be set back. Around here you may be in prison.

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So seriously you think two years would be a long time to wait to get this right ?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's legal here in Colorado and nobody cares about the patent or civil forfeiture laws, unless they're selling mass quantities without a license.

Hell, since it's legal in Colorado, the DEA gets zero funding for activities here for cannabis, so says congress.

Yea, this place is full of sellers. They would be happy if no legal pot ever. Why change a good thing?:)

For the rest of us this will be a great blessing. One good thing to come out of California. Very little I like here after the democrats got control.

The sellers had decades of illegal and now quasi legal status to make money. This works for the vast majority of users and home growers. It is about certain to pass.

Betterhaff

Veteran
So seriously you think two years would be a long time to wait to get this right ?
Back here last year, the voters voted down an issue that would have legalized both rec and medical because it was a bogus bill (monopolizing production and sales). So then the legislators passed a medical bill that is very limiting, no flowers, no growing, allowing only extracts and edibles for limited conditions, all controlled by the state. Then the group that was collecting signatures to get another issue on this year’s ballot pulled the plug stating they felt it was futile since the legislature already passed an MMJ bill.

Last year’s issue was bogus but what the legislature did was ridiculous. Now we are stuck with that until something better comes along and that probably won’t happen until the true merits of what was passed come out and somebody takes up the initiative to come up with something better.

packerfan79

Veteran
Yea, this place is full of sellers. They would be happy if no legal pot ever. Why change a good thing?:)

For the rest of us this will be a great blessing. One good thing to come out of California. Very little I like here after the democrats got control.

The sellers had decades of illegal and now quasi legal status to make money. This works for the vast majority of users and home growers. It is about certain to pass.

Nice to have people criticize people who grow and sell You a product you want. This joke of a legalization bill will increase penalties for cannabis, how can you even pretend that this is a positive move. I hope your happy with your 350 dollar ounces of mid grade.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ Nice of you to assume I buy from anyone. I grow my own, have for years.

I have no hate for sellers, but have seen it from them when I rightfully point out that almost all the opposition here is from sellers.

geneva_sativa

No selling here, just can't stand to see schmucks trying to dictate to people with medical conditions how much they can grow or have in their possession. . .

such as lowering plant counts and amounts allowed to have on hand for people that use topically, orally, and breed their own for specific traits.

I think anyone should be able to grow and freely enjoy their herbs, but to see states shit all over the medical community in order to secure the market is really disgusting to watch.

Sure you can buy it from whoever the fuck ends up being sanctified to sell, maybe even at a 25% discount (but who knows what the fuck was used in the process of grow, drying, etc) and some folks with compromised immune system or liver cant risk that.

And the cost is astronomical and not feasible for many with medical needs, and is laughable when compared to the freedoms they had before.

Anyway, it is a sad state of affairs to see our community getting divided over rights that we all should be able enjoy as we see fit, and not by just a few that have been granted privilege for the purpose of controlling the market.

packerfan79

Veteran
^ Nice of you to assume I buy from anyone. I grow my own, have for years.

I have no hate for sellers, but have seen it from them when I rightfully point out that almost all the opposition here is from sellers.

You have bought seeds or clones to grow that were made by brave souls who risked there freedom to supply a demand for you and for me. We have all delt with the black market wether we want to admit it or not. A lot of people have done serious time to bring cannabis to where it is today, for you to criticize sellers is wrong.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ Yea, I bought all kinds of pot long ago. Most from foreign sources, my seeds now are mostly foreign. I paid for all of it, I owe you or anyone else nothing. I also grew before it was legal or semi legal.

I did not write this fucking prop 64, if I did it would be more favorable to small timers and less to corporations. I am working with what is out there and it is mostly shit from dems in cali. Repubs would not even think about legalizing so I guess dems are good for something? One thing.

If you wait on a bill like you want, well that could be 10 or 30 years off, if ever. This is within reach. I have been waiting 40 years on this. It is long overdue and like it or not, it is gonna pass.

sdd420

Veteran
I agree and most if not all peeps are newcomers . Maybe 2000 and later mostly is when they got in the game. I've been buying since the 70 s and want it legal of course. You all better get used to it no offense to anyone but it's over soon

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am a no voter on this
But
I used to be in favor of pass now fix later...at the time because there were still alot of criminal prosecution's going on
Now I approach it from the ...I guess...corporate view(though I prefer warrior view..ha) of the better ground you start with the better ground you end up with...and this WILL be a protracted process here in Cali....oh man...this is gonna be a shit storm here for a decade...
However
OP's point of opening post contains a valid point...not a reason to vote for it...but people like politicians in San Diego WOULD be forced to acknowledge a level of legality even they couldn't fight for long...and locally..that will be soooo fun to watching those motherfukrs squirm...ha
Now...no reason to tell me all the bad shit that would happen..I'm fully aware and am a no voter..AND fully aware that after this long it is worth it to wait another year for another bill or two years or three...ANd fully aware that Cali doesn't need a dialogue opened.. we have it. ...so no need for PM's or visitor messages trying to sway me either way..just saying..ha

trippn

There is ZERO reason to vote for AUMA; unless an individual has been brainwashed; or uninformed from the start.

Cannabis will be LESS legal under AUMA; than it is RIGHT NOW.

Folks; that is not legal... in any way; shape; or form!

Besides; Why support a lying piece of shit 1%er capitalist sociopath bitch like Sean Parker.
You all know he is not even a Californian?
He doesn't give 2 fucks about Cannabis ; or your rights. LOL!
Why would I support a criminal piece of shit that supports a terrorist like Hillary Clinton; and has personally donated MULTI MILLIONS to the corrupt Clinton Foundation? Seriously? Are people for real?
The Clinton family? Legendary drug war supporters?

And yet you want me to vote for a "legalization" bill; created by a clearly corrupt 1%er; who supports the biggest criminal swine in our nation.
( Who spent much of her career incarcerating innocents for drugs; including Cannabis)

No. I would sooner stick my dick in a blender :D

Fuck AUMA.

i got banned and told never to post that on rollitup haha. mods are nasty corrupt shills.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Do people even get arrest for growing weed anymore?

you damn straight they do! and get and SERVE multi year sentences in state prisons, with lives ruined, jobs/homes lost, families split up, and damn little hope for the future. maybe some of the folks in California that are so scared of "legalization" should move to the southeast of this country & find out what reality looks like...you fuckers don't have a clue how good you would have it compared to most of the rest of the nation!

trippn

"At least if this passes, (ANYTHING friggin passes) the rest of the nation is going to follow. They're stupid that way "

I constantly see this argument get brought up; and it is just simply ridiculous.

No other state will do anything for themselves; unless they do it for themselves... .just like Cali did. This entire movement is about spitting in the feds face; as individual states. This entire movement is about States Rights asserting their dominance over the corrupt FED; individually.

When California actually legalizes; it will be due to a large enough informed; highly liberal majority.... unless OTHER states work hard enough to achieve the same like minded populace; California legalizing Cannabis; will help other states zero.

This is not national movement; it has always been a local one. It is the only way we will beat the fed. Our nation is too large to be subject to the same bureaucracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.